Expat Package

Topic locked
Expat Package Mar 06, 2006
Are there any general rules or guidelines about compensation packages for expats working in Dubai? Not concerning salary, but additional benefits...ie: plane ticket home, relocation costs, vacation, etc.

I recently moved here from Canada and have been interviewing at a number of banks. One of the banks said it is required that they provide me and my wife with one return airfare to our home country. Is this true and are there other things that I should be lookin out for?

CFAinDubai
Dubai Forum User

Mar 07, 2006
Medical insurance is a must have and if they have a policy read it and see exactly what it covers. If you are thinking about kids-pregnancy may not be covered and further down the track nursery/school fees-worth asking if it is on the cards.
Some companies will cover accom, transport, utilities etc...some don't. At the end of the day the salary might be huge but you may have to pay for these things or the salary may be smaller and you don't have to pay for these things -it is a separate allowance.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 07, 2006
and a good dental plan is an absolute must

:lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 07, 2006
Oh, reeeeealllly, luveee and why would that be?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 07, 2006
:wink: :wink: :wink:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 09, 2006
how are the opportunities for a CFA charterholder in Dubai...Im in Toronto and thinking of exploring some opportunities in that part of the world.
CFAnDUBAI
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 11, 2006
The best advice anybody can give you here is to look in the Gulf News classifieds on-line and if you want to get a list of firms/employers look at the yellow pages on line and send your CV. Anybody in the same field could give you some inside tips but employment opportunities will depend on your experience and the type of package/salary offered will, unfortunately, depend on your nationality. Needless to say, and all joking aside, a good package must have your moving costs, medical and accom. covered. Extras would be DEWA (electricity/water), car and petrol and flights per annum ( altough many packages have the latter).
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jobs for CFA's... Mar 12, 2006
Not sure yet...I have been here for about two weeks and am just starting to get a feel for the job market.

There is not much opportunity in asset management as the capital markets are still highly undeveloped...however, that is changing.

If you are interested in corporate finance, the job market is booming. Lots of opportunities for advisory services and private equity.
CFAinDubai
Dubai Forum User

Mar 13, 2006
thks guys
CFAnDUBAI
Dubai Forum Guest

Head-hunters you found useful Mar 29, 2006
Hi there,

In your search, were there any head-hunters you found particulary good / helpful ? Would be a real help if you can share their details...

Best wishes
LBS03
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 29, 2006
There hasn't been any that are overly helpful. There are quite a few recruiters here but I really haven't gotten much response from them.

Try the following....www.lobomanagement.com www.abcrecruitment.ae
www.sosrecruitment.net
www.charterhouseme.ae
www.mosaicsearch.com
www.soundlinesgroup.com
www.synergy.ae
www.claredonparker.com
www.kershawleonard.com
CFAinDubai
Dubai Forum User

Apr 01, 2006
Thanks a lot for the HH names - much appreciated

How is your job search going?
LBS03
Dubai Forum Guest

Head Hunters Jul 18, 2006
Not sure if this is relevant to your conversation but in your opinion who are the best HHs in the UAE for Legal Professionals?
Luke Bastin
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum