Dubai COST OF LIVING

Topic locked
Dubai COST OF LIVING Jan 02, 2007
saas

sanjeevsbirari
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 02, 2007
We get so many of these same questions every week and there have been so many threads with informative answers. Can you please use the Search function in the menu above to find more threads and more answers about cost of living.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Dubai COST OF LIVING Jan 02, 2007
sanjeevsbirari wrote:Hi All

I got an offer from Dubai. They will be paying me 12k Dhrm.(No accomidation). Job designation is SENIOR BDM.
Can anybody help me whether this offer is good to consider living in Dubai.

I am married,Its certain that my wife would also work in Dubai.I wish to bring my family after 3 months. So can anybody tell me the cost of living for a family of 2?

I would lilke to know the
-Cost for 1 bed room falt/appartment
-Monthly expenditure for one family

Thanks in Advance.

Heed Kanelli's advise above (search the forum) but I can tell you that 12K dirhams per month seems low specially with a wife and child. Depends on the "life style" but without saying much rent/transportation/food will take a chunk out of that amount. My observation is that most forum members (married and with family) make much more than that amount. Some of the single persons make perhaps that but I would say more. However the singles tend to share accomodation with other (not suitable for a wife and 3 months old child). At the end of the day you have to provide for your child and if that salary is better than your country then make the move. By the way there are only 24 cities more expensive than Dubai according to the latest poll (check it out at www.gulfnews.com).

All the best.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum