Different Kind Of Salary Question

Topic locked
Different Kind of Salary Question Apr 13, 2007
Hi All,
So I've been browsing the forum and I am pretty clear on what a decent expat offer looks like, how much rents and the general cost of living in Dubai is... my question is just whether the salary that I have been offered is competitive... and by that I mean that I am curious as to whether I am making a below average, average or above average salary compared to people of the same gender nationality and age versus whether my salary is sufficient...

Anyway I have been offered 15000AED per month inclusive of everything (housing and car, etc.) along with all the typical trappings, eg. health insurance, trips home, all of that... I am 22 and graduated from university last spring and thus have no full time work experience (but lots of internships during university - since I graduated I have been travelling with a friend...) I am American and female...

With all that said, is this the sort of salary I should expect in Dubai or do I 'deserve' more? Thanks for any insight. Kate

kateluk
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Different Kind of Salary Question Apr 13, 2007
kateluk wrote:Hi All,
So I've been browsing the forum and I am pretty clear on what a decent expat offer looks like, how much rents and the general cost of living in Dubai is... my question is just whether the salary that I have been offered is competitive... and by that I mean that I am curious as to whether I am making a below average, average or above average salary compared to people of the same gender nationality and age versus whether my salary is sufficient...

Anyway I have been offered 15000AED per month inclusive of everything (housing and car, etc.) along with all the typical trappings, eg. health insurance, trips home, all of that... I am 22 and graduated from university last spring and thus have no full time work experience (but lots of internships during university - since I graduated I have been travelling with a friend...) I am American and female...

With all that said, is this the sort of salary I should expect in Dubai or do I 'deserve' more? Thanks for any insight. Kate

That's 50 grand US$ tax free. Darn good for a 22 year old! Not many 22 year olds making that in the usa.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum