Check List (moving To Dubai)

Topic locked
Mar 28, 2006
great info lads - thanks.
is it easy to open a bank account here? Also is it easy to get credit for cars, loans, credit cards etc ? is this just based on your current employment or do they check past credit history from your home country?

dell
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 28, 2006
that is a really good question dell and what if u don't have any credit in your country ?!!
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 28, 2006
They don't care about your home country.

You need your bank account statements for the past three month to get anywhere in the credit world here.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 28, 2006
Liban is correct

Credit in th UAE has no connection or relevance to the sort of credit checks/history in other countries. It is based purely on the amount you earn and your recent bank statements.

Otherwise, like myself, the bank will give you a credit card if you lodge the same amount as the credit limit into a fixed savings account.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 28, 2006
what if i just moved to Dubai ?!!
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 28, 2006
This is an incredibly helpful thread. Thanks to all who have contributed so far.

I am coming out soon from the UK and this checklist is invaluable.
Gordon
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 29, 2006
Hi Nusa

Not me. I work for DEWA and all HR did ask for is copies of my degree certificates. I think because it's a Government Authority they didn't ask for . May be private companies are squeezed a bit more for their staff qualifications.

Cheers

Zino
Zino
Dubai Forum User

Mar 29, 2006
You need to have your degree etc authenticated/attested-coming from Australia we had a notary republic sign and bind all docs then the dept of foreign affairs did their bit then the UAE embassy in Australia authenticated the docs. Then we came here to have them do it again!! (The Aussie embassy and some UAE govt dept). Depending where you come from the process can vary ........as does the cost!!
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 29, 2006
not just the certificate u will also need ur 4/5 university yrs transcript stamped as GAB stated
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum