Canadians In Dubai?

Topic locked
Canadians in Dubai? Mar 13, 2007
Just moved to Dubai and looking to meet some Canadians in this city. There's something about Canadians and no matter where we go, we still carry a bit of home on our back.

Derv
Dubai Forum Guest

Mar 14, 2007
ASC-26 read somewhere that Canadians where banned from the UAE in September 1978. I guess they are allowed in now. There might be others in addition to you. You might think of getting an Indian or Pakistani passport so you'll fit in.

Hide that maple stuff or they'll deport your butt!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Canadians in Dubai? Mar 14, 2007
Derv wrote:Just moved to Dubai and looking to meet some Canadians in this city. There's something about Canadians and no matter where we go, we still carry a bit of home on our back.

They have an Ice Hockey League here which has many Canadians
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 14, 2007
Dubai Mighty Camels, there is a much bigger Canadian Hockey Community in Abu Dhabi then Dubai though.

Although I haven't heard anything from them in a while you can try here.
http://www.clubforcanadians-dubai.org/

not sure if they are still running though.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nut busting in the desert Mar 14, 2007
Wow....you guys sure know how to jump on the lone hombre. No matter which country I hit, there seems to be some preconceived notions out there about us here Cdns EH? A man looking for some R&R gets some ragging and rubbing....Let me know of some good expat places to hit. Living out in Jumeirah for a few days now.
But I sure do miss some Maple syrup....
Derv
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Nut busting in the desert Mar 14, 2007
Derv wrote:Wow....you guys sure know how to jump on the lone hombre. No matter which country I hit, there seems to be some preconceived notions out there about us here Cdns EH? A man looking for some R&R gets some ragging and rubbing....Let me know of some good expat places to hit. Living out in Jumeirah for a few days now.
But I sure do miss some Maple syrup....

Most of the postings I thought were trying to help, but hey, you don't appreciate, do the other thing :?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 19, 2007
hey buddy,

there's a few canadians here, but what i've noticed is the majority of the canadian passport holding folk are from the region, and have come back to make money. canadian's are in abundance, but in specific areas...

You'll see lots of Canadian teachers here working at all the highschools, etc...

You'll see some in IT, but not a lot. You'll also see a couple of flight attendants, but I haven't met that many.

Irish village is a hotspot for expats, that's probably where you'll find most of them.
djl
Dubai Forums Member

Apr 07, 2007
23 year old Canadian here going to Dubai in a few weeks!

Habs vs Leafs tomorrow for the final playoff spot, GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!
Jacques79
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum