Arriving Next Week

Topic locked
Arriving Next Week Jul 07, 2008
Hey guys,

My partner & I are relocating to dubai next week and have the following query / concern;

We are hoping to hit the ground running in terms of finding accomodation, furniture, car etc however our present funds will never cover the inital outlay and are therefore hoping to secure a bank loan on arrival inorder to help us set up home ( we have both opted for an accomodation allowance as opposed to the provision of accomodation ). If anyone has any advice as to whether this is achievable so soon after arrival or could point us in the direction of favoured banks it would be much appreciated.

For the record we have both secured employment in Teaching & Quantity Surveying.

Many thanks in advance.

Jay7
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 08, 2008
IMO, what a big mistake to opt for the allowance instead of actual accomodation if you had the choice.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 08, 2008
Great advice..............cheers for that!
Jay7
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jul 08, 2008
i'm not certain what your chances are to secure a loan straight off; normally you would have to work or show proof of earnings for at least 3 months.

on the up side - second hand stuff (i'm talking good condition - not crap), is quiet cheap and plentiful, you just have to look around.

your prospective employers may be able to provide you with an "advance" - some do offer this type of facility to new employees.

i can't say that i agree with k-dog on the accomodation, you can only make a decision like that after seeing what they are offering you as accomodation ....
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum