In The Mind Of A Troll

Topic locked
Re: In the mind of a troll Nov 09, 2010
event horizon wrote:
This coming from you!!! ROFLMAO!!! I have to congratulate you for getting through an entire post without a cut and paste. Is this your attempt at humor because it has to be the laugh of the day.

You don't encourage anything, you antagonize!!!! Communicate???? Well cut and paste is not a form of communication.

Copy/paste what?

I would be happy to wager that as a percentage of my threads, the ones that are pasted and linked is lower than most of other members in this forum.

In the beginning, I also added my own comments to the threads and only pasted the relevant sections - as we're now doing - before the trolls in question ran interference and accused me and others of 'selectively quoting' articles, etc.

I've also started a number of threads where I simply typed up what I had to say, but those too were trolled/spammed by our site's moderators.

By the time I would copy/paste an article in full without any comment, the active members of the subforums I posted in were well underway of doing the same, typically quoting newspaper editorials or opinion pieces they found on some rag, such as loonwatch.com.

To be fair, I hardly stopped by Politics anymore because it basically became a "you and Shaf" forum, bantering back and forth over the same old tired subject. Or is that subjects - as in 2.

Hopefully more interesting debates and conversations can come from change and more people can contribute on various topics, not just the one or two that you and Shaf bickered about. Oh, by the way, you may be on your own because Shaf has become bored with it. So change is a comin boy and I hope you can be part of it or be left out. Up to you.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: In the mind of a troll Nov 10, 2010
Wow what started out as satire has turned into something rather honest. Kudos to BB and Mel for shooting it straight. :cheers:

To Kanelli - If one has to accede that EH is a troll than the next question would be what led him to DF in the first place. I've been on the forums a long time and come to the conclusion that EH is only here to counter Shafique. Simple. So if one's gonna be labeled a troll than why spare the other?
You see Shaf is lot more refined with certain aspects of debate and is hence a lot more engaging and I too thoroughly enjoy reading his perspectives. Dare I say I even agree with him at times? :D
But that doesn't change the fact that his one sided political discourse could also be labeled troll-ing.

My suggestions would be,

DDS - dude quit insulting people whose posts you dnt agree with. That's something even FD bought up. You literally drove Robby out of here...

EH - Try and be honest about debate. Dnt add a political or religious perspective to everything cos when you frequently do it you only end up looking stupid. There are two separate threads for that.

Shafique - a bit of restraint really would'nt hurt.

Let the party beginnn :D
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: In The Mind Of A Troll Nov 10, 2010
Well thats just me and people who know me mostly know its just sarcasm or me being blunt, sometimes I'm just being my mean self on purpose. Many of my friends call me bitter bhai ( bro ) ! So don't expect any miracles in that dept. ;)
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: In the mind of a troll Nov 10, 2010
Misery Called Life wrote:Wow what started out as satire has turned into something rather honest. Kudos to BB and Mel for shooting it straight. :cheers:

To Kanelli - If one has to accede that EH is a troll than the next question would be what led him to DF in the first place. I've been on the forums a long time and come to the conclusion that EH is only here to counter Shafique. Simple. So if one's gonna be labeled a troll than why spare the other?
You see Shaf is lot more refined with certain aspects of debate and is hence a lot more engaging and I too thoroughly enjoy reading his perspectives. Dare I say I even agree with him at times? :D
But that doesn't change the fact that his one sided political discourse could also be labeled troll-ing.

My suggestions would be,

DDS - dude quit insulting people whose posts you dnt agree with. That's something even FD bought up. You literally drove Robby out of here...

EH - Try and be honest about debate. Dnt add a political or religious perspective to everything cos when you frequently do it you only end up looking stupid. There are two separate threads for that.

Shafique - a bit of restraint really would'nt hurt.

Let the party beginnn :D

So eh comes and posts only in one forum and only about anti-Islam propaganda, but somehow I'm supposed to blame Shaf for that?

The Politics and Religion forum is full of crap and banter between mostly two people. That needs to change for sure! Shaf needs more restraint, absolutely.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

How is my restraint being received these days? ;)

The criticisms are valid and I totally agree that whatever the intentions and excuses, my posts and actions were indeed troll-like.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:How is my restraint being received these days? ;)

Cheers,
Shafique

:thumbright: :thumbleft:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: In The Mind Of A Troll Nov 11, 2010
Bora Bora wrote:
shafique wrote:How is my restraint being received these days? ;)

Cheers,
Shafique

:thumbright: :thumbleft:

Was this the reason for the sin bin. Sticking one finger up?
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat