Residence Visa Question...

Topic locked
Residence visa question... Jul 23, 2009
Quick question,

Do you always have to have a trip or holiday registered with your company in order to leave the country?

Reason i'm asking is that my residence visa is valid but i'm going on an unplanned 1 week trip out of country and it's too late to notify my PRO due to the weekend. I wasn't aware you had to but a few people have said you can get in trouble if you don't register a holiday or vacation officially on paper and then leave.

Could there be any complications with immigration with this situation?

thanks

Hulahula
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Residence visa question... Jul 24, 2009
Hulahula wrote:Quick question,

Do you always have to have a trip or holiday registered with your company in order to leave the country?

Reason i'm asking is that my residence visa is valid but i'm going on an unplanned 1 week trip out of country and it's too late to notify my PRO due to the weekend. I wasn't aware you had to but a few people have said you can get in trouble if you don't register a holiday or vacation officially on paper and then leave.

Could there be any complications with immigration with this situation?

thanks

Looks like you have been working in Saudi or something.

Obviously if you are takin a vacation for any reason you must get the OK from your Employer however as far as the Government is concerned you can leave for upto 6 months
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 26, 2009
well, there are some mad employers out there so anythign could happen.

Your PRO would know that you have left coz he (or whoever's mobile no. was registered as sponsor's) will get an sms from immigration as soon as you pass through immigration.

If you are not on good terms with your employer, he can always say you absconded and you can be arrested when you re-enter. Sorry for painting such a dismal picture - but these things have happened.

Why didnt you just fill up a leave application.

EDIT: just realized you may already be out of the country.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat