A Long Shot - Anyone With A Boat?

Topic locked
A long shot - anyone with a boat? Jul 18, 2009
Ok I know this is one hell of a long shot and a bit cheeky, but as I always say if you don't ask you don't get.

As you all know I am a keen wakeboarder and have a group of friends that I go with every weekend. Our dilema is that our club driver is going on vacation for an entire month from the 26th (damned incosiderate if you ask me!). We would drive the boat ourselves, but none of us has a licence and would therefore not be insured.

So my pleas is this:

Is there anyone who has a boat, that wouldn't mind giving a few desperate boarders a tow, who would pay for fuel, launching etc etc?

You never know, just putting it out there.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 18, 2009
Say Chocs,

How popular is wakeboarding in Dubai? Is there a club available there?
I'm currently in the process of a job application and would like to join you guys sometime in the future or join a waterclub to try it out.

I'm a waterfreak myself too. Hope to be able to learn the wakeboarding thing also.

Any thoughts?
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 18, 2009
RobbyG wrote:I'm currently in the process of a job application

Good luck! ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 18, 2009
Hey Robby, watersports are big here. There are two main places to wakeboard, plus others that run out the marina. Weekends are always super busy.

Welcome to join anytime you like when you come to the sandpit.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 18, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
RobbyG wrote:I'm currently in the process of a job application

Good luck! ;)

Thanks mate.
RobbyG

Jul 18, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Hey Robby, watersports are big here. There are two main places to wakeboard, plus others that run out the marina. Weekends are always super busy.

Welcome to join anytime you like when you come to the sandpit.

Thanks Chocolate.

Are there any websites around that I can get familiar with?
RobbyG

Jul 19, 2009
Oy Rob, leave Wakeboarding to the women. I find nothing appealing bout that sport!
There are better things to do like beach soccer, kayaking, sailing, mountain biking, swimming in the super saline seas here...how about a triathlon?
Ok Sailing not so much.....but the rest yea! oh I forget to mention rock climbing!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 19, 2009
We have a 24' Gulfcraft ski/wakeboard boat that we have used 3X in 2 years. You can have it. Only catch......it is moored in Abu Dhabi. (It is easier to take it out from AUH than Dubai TTYTT). Going cheap Chocs...you could start your own club.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Jul 19, 2009
MCL! What do you mean leave the wakeboarding to the women? Clearly you have no idea about this sport, it's super hardcore!

Robby - hmmmm websites? Not so much, just groups for the places we go on Face Book really.

DD - really? What are the specs? Inboard/outboard - got any photos?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 20, 2009
Well the good news is i have just bought one,the bad news is that it will be moored at Al Hamra,good news it has a ski pole installed,bad news i have never driven a boat in my life so would be loathed to tow anyone or anything just yet.
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 20, 2009
Where is Al Hamra?

I can drive, I can teach you if you like.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 20, 2009
Al Hamra is a new development at RAK just next to the Al Hamra Fort hotel,we have an apartment there and its where we spend the weekends,with a bit of luck i will be taking the boat up this Thursday so i may well take you up on your offer.
busa
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat