Lance Armstrong Wristbands.....It Was All Yellow?!

Topic locked
Lance Armstrong wristbands.....It was all yellow?! Sep 02, 2005
Hey guys.....

I wanted to know if these yellow wristbands are popular in Dubai as much as they are here in Canada and the rest of the world.

For those of you who dont know what on earth I am talking about, here is a little background.

Lance Armstrong is 7-time Tour de France winner. Thats a cycling competition btw :wink:

Whats amazing about this is that not only is this a record.....but Lance Armstrong did it after being diagnosed with cancer (twice!).

This guy is the embodiment of the "never-say-die" attitude.

Well even after winning the Tour de France 7 times, Lance still wasnt satisfied.

He has now made it his personal mission to raise awareness and money to combat cancer.

Lance said it best himself when he said that if it was just about raising money, he could have gone to wealthy corporations or individuals and asked for checks worth millions of dollars.....

Instead by selling these yellow wristbands, he has not only raised lots of money but also raised alot of awareness....

When this campaign started around November 2004, their initial target was just to raise $5 million dollars.....but it has been so successful that they have raised over $40 million dollars so far and still going strong.

The reason I am writing this article because a very close friend of mine lost his father (whom she loved very much and whom was a very kind man) to cancer. He was only 44.

So to find out how you can be a part of this great cause, go to the links below!

http://www.nike.com/wearyellow/main.html

http://www.livestrong.org/site/c.jvKZLb ... C/Home.htm

and remember, your pity is not enough, so lets look deep into our hearts and our pockets and help make a difference!

I only say it coz' I love you

Peace

kayvee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 02, 2005
so popular that they banned them in schools- kids were coming in with a dozen on each arm :roll:
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 02, 2005
didn't he get busted for using steriods or something?
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Sep 02, 2005
For using some kind of performance enhancing drug....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

only rumors... Sep 02, 2005
Guys....come on....

There were "allegations" that he used banned substances.....

basically .....as it is usually the case when you are famous and successful, there are many who resent and are jealous of him......

so they are trying to bring him down by the only way that is allowed.........by attacking his character and tarnishing his image.....

i will give you a personal story.....

When i was a young lad growing up......I didnt want ppl to talk behind my back.......so i went around treating every body extra good....

but there were still those who bitched about me....its a lose / lose situation....

some ppl are just nasty that way.......always finding fault with others.....no matter what....

anyways 8)

peace!
kayvee
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 02, 2005
so true...in fact they are blaming him for the tour de france of 99...i dont know the drug for which he is accused....but at that time there was no test available for checking its presence....and now there are no samples to do the tests again....so he has no way to prove his innocense....
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat