Jobs In Dubai Casting Apsersions On DubaiForums.com

Topic locked
Jobs in Dubai casting apsersions on DubaiForums.com Feb 03, 2007
Visitors to these forums should probably be aware that the website Jobs In Dubai is posting defamatory material about these Dubai Forums and other sites. Jobs In Dubai founder Nofel Izz is angry about negative coverage of his website, and has chosen to behave with threats, lies and general libel:

" I went through websites such as www.dubaiforums.com and some blogs such as these http://onebigconstructionsite.blogspot.com/ and now we have money missing from our bank account."

Uh yeah - right. The only money really missing is the money of people who have paid Jobs In Dubai for their questionable services, when there are plenty of free, highly reputable employment websites around.

Jobs In Dubai's founder Nofel Izz has also tried to get publishers such as ITP to remove negative coverage about him from their site. ITP has refused on the grounds that its coverage is truthful and objective and well within the law.

I'm sure plenty of members here know of the many brand new, one-post members here and on other forums who sign up solely to promote/defend Jobs In Dubai.

Again, none of this really answers the question of whether Jobs In Dubai can actually get people jobs or not. But given that its founder, Nofel Izz, is a man who resorts to lies, threats and harrassment in his dealings with the media and the internet community, my considered opinion is that it would be very foolish to deal with Jobs In Dubai when there are other, free, more reputable employment sites about.

secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Jobs in Dubai casting apsersions on DubaiForums.com Feb 03, 2007
secretdubai wrote:Visitors to these forums should probably be aware that the website Jobs In Dubai is posting defamatory material about these Dubai Forums and other sites. Jobs In Dubai founder Nofel Izz is angry about negative coverage of his website, and has chosen to behave with threats, lies and general libel:

" I went through websites such as www.dubaiforums.com and some blogs such as these http://onebigconstructionsite.blogspot.com/ and now we have money missing from our bank account."

Uh yeah - right. The only money really missing is the money of people who have paid Jobs In Dubai for their questionable services, when there are plenty of free, highly reputable employment websites around.

Jobs In Dubai's founder Nofel Izz has also tried to get publishers such as ITP to remove negative coverage about him from their site. ITP has refused on the grounds that its coverage is truthful and objective and well within the law.

I'm sure plenty of members here know of the many brand new, one-post members here and on other forums who sign up solely to promote/defend Jobs In Dubai.

Again, none of this really answers the question of whether Jobs In Dubai can actually get people jobs or not. But given that its founder, Nofel Izz, is a man who resorts to lies, threats and harrassment in his dealings with the media and the internet community, my considered opinion is that it would be very foolish to deal with Jobs In Dubai when there are other, free, more reputable employment sites about.

Don't quite understand the point here are you saying that the person you quoted above is the one who posted the accusation on the blog???
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 03, 2007
Who knows...who cares...Internet is unregulated...may the strongest survive!
guest999

Re: Jobs in Dubai casting apsersions on DubaiForums.com Feb 03, 2007
sage & onion wrote:Don't quite understand the point here are you saying that the person you quoted above is the one who posted the accusation on the blog???

Basically JID is running an orchestrated campaign to discredit anyone who questions or criticised them. It could be just one person doing, it could be several of their staff.
secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 03, 2007
I know there's a long running feud with that site, but I have to say that I have been concerned that there may be some spyware or something linked to this site. With 2 other forums I go on, I've noticed that the newest member is sometimes the same newest member as on DF (with the DF reg happening first), ie some botware is copying my history and signing up to other sites. Never happened anywhere else and I run pretty strong anti-virus plus a separate spyware programme on my computer.

Appreciate there's a big difference between that and someone actually getting in to your bank account as the above alleges but does give some food for thought.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 03, 2007
scot1870 wrote:I know there's a long running feud with that site, but I have to say that I have been concerned that there may be some spyware or something linked to this site. With 2 other forums I go on, I've noticed that the newest member is sometimes the same newest member as on DF (with the DF reg happening first), ie some botware is copying my history and signing up to other sites.

That is interesting (and worrying) and not something I have heard of before. In the case JID, it is clear that the same person(s) sign up to each site on a specific day, purely to make defensive posts. I suppose it's feasible that they have a watchlist of forums that they regularly visit and sign up new accounts to in order to post the same propaganda.

Posting to several forums is something I would do if I had a genuine message I wanted to get out to as many UAEans as possible (such as advertising a charity thing) however the difference would be that I wouldn't have to sign up new usernames every time. JID would have to, because they're trying to appear to be multiple people/"satisfied customers".

But something automated is a real concern. I haven't seen JID or anyone else doing stuff like that, I also can't see the point of why someone would do that, just for a couple of sites. Unless it was pure automated spam like spam blogs and spam comments. What kind of comments are these suspect newest members making?

Cyberfraud is one thing - but there is no current way that someone can hack into your bank account with nothing but your IP address. They would need to actually hijack your computer with malware, which would hunt down passwords or suchlike. To suggest that any Blogger.com site is doing this is ludicrous: with a brand like Google behind it it would be all over the web if someone tried it.
secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 03, 2007
What does the Sniper have to say about this? Have never managed to work out if his signposts are cryptic or not.
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 03, 2007
secretdubai wrote:
scot1870 wrote:I know there's a long running feud with that site, but I have to say that I have been concerned that there may be some spyware or something linked to this site. With 2 other forums I go on, I've noticed that the newest member is sometimes the same newest member as on DF (with the DF reg happening first), ie some botware is copying my history and signing up to other sites.

That is interesting (and worrying) and not something I have heard of before. In the case JID, it is clear that the same person(s) sign up to each site on a specific day, purely to make defensive posts. I suppose it's feasible that they have a watchlist of forums that they regularly visit and sign up new accounts to in order to post the same propaganda.

Posting to several forums is something I would do if I had a genuine message I wanted to get out to as many UAEans as possible (such as advertising a charity thing) however the difference would be that I wouldn't have to sign up new usernames every time. JID would have to, because they're trying to appear to be multiple people/"satisfied customers".

But something automated is a real concern. I haven't seen JID or anyone else doing stuff like that, I also can't see the point of why someone would do that, just for a couple of sites. Unless it was pure automated spam like spam blogs and spam comments. What kind of comments are these suspect newest members making?

Cyberfraud is one thing - but there is no current way that someone can hack into your bank account with nothing but your IP address. They would need to actually hijack your computer with malware, which would hunt down passwords or suchlike. To suggest that any Blogger.com site is doing this is ludicrous: with a brand like Google behind it it would be all over the web if someone tried it.

Don't think it's JID, think it's on DF somewhere. The other sites I post on are so obscure nobody here would stumble across them, I've been concerned that the new member names match so have stopped posting on here from my main computer I use for more personal email banking. Could be paranoia, but I am not going to take the risk.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 04, 2007
Nofel just got pwnd.
http://onebigconstructionsite.blogspot. ... ealed.html
samuraisam
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 04, 2007
sauron wrote:What does the Sniper have to say about this? Have never managed to work out if his signposts are cryptic or not.

talking abt moi? I say leave this stupid moron Noel and get Nadia recruitment which is one of the oldest. Infact u secret dubai ... can u compile list of good agencies in dubai? I had huge list I gave em to my friend in summer of 2004 and he complained most are old and bounced back.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 04, 2007
How can i get a job in dubai without putting any efforts ?

1=) can sleep during lunch break for 30 minutes

2=) can i crack joke with female colleagues

3=) Can i wear suit in june?

4=) Can i get the full salary and i dont have to work much ?

:roll:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 05, 2007
When you find that^^^ job...let me know :)
mighty.one
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 05, 2007
mighty.one wrote:When you find that^^^ job...let me know :)

It is possible only if my last name is "Bin Sheikh" :P
HP bin Sheikh instead of HP dust bin :roll:

why the heck life is not easy for lazy people like me ....
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 07, 2007
because you have to work for everything, you cant be lazy now-a-days, or you'll get left behind.
Johnnymcaddy
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Feb 07, 2007
Johnnymcaddy wrote:because you have to work for everything, you cant be lazy now-a-days, or you'll get left behind.

Oh thanks for valuable information ! i didnt know that we had genius around at´dubai forums. I culd nominate u for Nobel Prize but i dont have good relationship wid Sweden :=).

Is it okay if i check cricinfo at job ? :lol:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Feb 11, 2007
removed
samuraisam
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 11, 2007
scot1870 wrote:but I have to say that I have been concerned that there may be some spyware or something linked to this site. With 2 other forums I go on, I've noticed that the newest member is sometimes the same newest member as on DF (with the DF reg happening first), ie some botware is copying my history and signing up to other sites. Never happened anywhere else and I run pretty strong anti-virus plus a separate spyware programme on my computer.

Now that is interesting can you please tell me which are the other 2 forums?
Dubai Forums is a phpBB based forum, it's open source. It can't have any spyware and such.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Feb 11, 2007
Very much interesting... :) I think its not at all possible to inject something on the forum by a normal level user.. coz all the input validations are done well.. so very very less chances for a script in jection, xss.. or any kinda malware injection.. the suggestions of spywares from DF is just not possible.. coz most of the times.. if a vulnerability is exploited in any software, the same will be expolited all through its users .. which means most of the fourms (most are php open source based) would have the same spyware tagged along with them :)..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat