Exclusive Video: Ahmadinejad Gov't In Session

Topic locked
Exclusive Video: Ahmadinejad Gov't In Session Sep 14, 2009
Who said the man doesn't have a sense of humor?

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 14, 2009
ok if you dont like him too, come and participate in next protest this friday!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 14, 2009
Bora, that was great, so funny...would they be allowed to show this on Iranian TV, Melika? It was made by irantv.com.

If so then there is hope for your lovely country.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 14, 2009
Are u kiddin me?! some years ago a cartoonist drew a funny pic of one of the Mullahs and they put him in jail!

besides, Iran TV is under the supervision of government and now it is in baycott because of all the lies they fed to people. nobody watching TV thesedays...

I dont know if there is really any hope...
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 14, 2009
As long as people can speak to each other and voice their opinions, even if only in private then there is hope. The world is watching Iran, and even if foreign journalists were banned there, then there is still the private citizen and the internet. Little can be kept secret nowadays, even the Chinese manage to send information out about their oppressive government despite Government censorship of the Internet.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 14, 2009
Yeah I strongly hope so... wish us luck! :D
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 14, 2009
I would compare the Iranian powers-that-be to those in Israel. There are a small number of people who have the power to suppress the people of their country.

It is only outside of Iran that the people can speak. California has a large population of Iranians. Some years ago there was a movement to bring the Shah's son back to power in Iran. I believe that group is still active, but in all probability the mission cannot be effective until there is huge unrest amongst the people in Iran.

I haven't met an Iranian who I didn't like, either here in the UAE or the US. Iran is rich in culture in so many ways. Hopefully one day people will be free to travel to explore the beauty of this country, and the people.

Good luck with the protest Melika. Where and what time will it be held?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 14, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Bora, that was great, so funny...would they be allowed to show this on Iranian TV, Melika? It was made by irantv.com.

If so then there is hope for your lovely country.

I don't quite understand what kind of hope you are talking about. Let's imagine that BP came and everybody would imediately live like in America.
On the other hand Persian is the second largest in immigration to Canada or Australia. Apparently those people don't hope on the kind uncle.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 14, 2009
I'm not talking about an invasion, either commercial or military. I'm talking about world opinion (and maybe sanctions) being able to give Iranians courage to continue to challenge their system. Maybe a bit idealistic for your frame of mind.

You mean emigration I guess and not immigration. Plenty of countries have a high rate of emigration, includng Israel. It doesn't signify the end of the road.

What is wrong with hope, and wishing for an uprising of the people?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 14, 2009
I mean immigration, the fraction of people who accepted by Canada per year, despite relatively small inhabitance of the country.

About sanction you are right it's a key word here, refrasing a bit it means a cold war against Iran from USA with out any reason.
The real hope are shown by the neibougring young democracies though.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 14, 2009
Sorry I misunderstood.

Yes Iranians need as much outside help as possible (with the exception of CIA destabilisation and manipulation, once again).

Bora, I completely agree, I have met quite a few Iranians in the UAE and they were without exception seeming of very good character and manners. Comparison with Israelis I have met is impssible without mentioning chalk and cheese.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 14, 2009
Speedhump wrote:I have met quite a few Iranians in the UAE and they were without exception seeming of very good character and manners. Comparison with Israelis I have met is impssible without mentioning chalk and cheese.

Agreed, very good people until you lend them some money or other valuable things.
I did that trick a few times and have received back nada even after every day notification.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 14, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Sorry I misunderstood.

Yes Iranians need as much outside help as possible (with the exception of CIA destabilisation and manipulation, once again).

Bora, I completely agree, I have met quite a few Iranians in the UAE and they were without exception seeming of very good character and manners. Comparison with Israelis I have met is impssible without mentioning chalk and cheese.

My omission of commenting on Israelis was intentional. The only comparison I was making was to the two governments. As you said, chalk and cheese and I will leave it at that. :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 14, 2009
Thank you all for nice wishes, and i would rather pretend not see what redchief has written about lending money! personally I dont think it is true...

protest will be on friday, in fact government has banned every gathering after this election. but every year on the last friday in Ramadan government perform a gathering in memory of Qods and Palestine! this year protesters are gonna use this opportunity.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat