Dirham Exchange

Topic locked
Dirham Exchange Apr 27, 2007
I am currently out of Dubai and I don't think I'll go back there in a long while. I have some DHS with me and I want to exchange it to dollars or pounds as the money exchanges in the place I live do not accept dirhams. What should I do?

Thanx

Jolin
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Dirham Exchange Apr 27, 2007
Jolin wrote:I am currently out of Dubai and I don't think I'll go back there in a long while. I have some DHS with me and I want to exchange it to dollars or pounds as the money exchanges in the place I live do not accept dirhams. What should I do?

Thanx

Send them to me c/o Dubai Forums :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Dirham Exchange Apr 27, 2007
Jolin wrote:I am currently out of Dubai and I don't think I'll go back there in a long while. I have some DHS with me and I want to exchange it to dollars or pounds as the money exchanges in the place I live do not accept dirhams. What should I do?

Thanx

where abouts are you?

Dont exchange them for pounds as the exchange rate is very unfavourable atm.
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 28, 2007
Are we talking pound stirling, Egyptian pounds etc.

Always go for dollars, the Dirham is pegged to the Dollar at a rate of around 3.65.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 28, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:Are we talking pound stirling, Egyptian pounds etc.

Always go for dollars, the Dirham is pegged to the Dollar at a rate of around 3.65.

Whilst this is correct when you are in Dubai, this person is trying to get rid of Dirhams somewhere where they don't accept them.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 29, 2007
I've always exchanged at a bank.
giggsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat