200 Lashes To Saudi Rape Victim

Topic locked
Nov 26, 2007
I wonder what would you guys think of this
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian lawmakers have announced an investigation into a state prison system after authorities said a teenage girl was locked up in an Amazon jail for weeks with 21 men who she said would only let her eat in return for s3x.

The jailing of the 15-year-old on theft charges set off a national scandal over the treatment of women by Brazil's justice system and failures by authorities in northern Para state, where separate jails for men and women do not exist in most towns.
http://www.gulfnews.com/world/Brazil/10170324.html

Another case where separation between men and women is the correct solution but this time it wasn't the girl's fault.
Burton: the primitive man species exists in Brazil too

debian
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 26, 2007
debian wrote:I wonder what would you guys think of this

Well, it's pathetic too.

Just because you kind find a worse situation, doesn't make the previous situation any better.

Both should be admonished.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 26, 2007
I do not agree that the "separation between men and women is the correct solution", debian.
If a man cannot be with an unrelated woman for a minute before deciding to rape her (or at leat that's how saudi's law think of what men would do- because of a woman's temptous nature, that's why they separate the s3xes), then there's something wrong with his values.
I still think eduacation and instilling good values is the way to go.

by the way, if for a woman being with an unrelated male is illegal, does this mean they can't have male friends? :roll:
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Nov 26, 2007
debian wrote: Another case where separation between men and women is the correct solution but this time it wasn't the girl's fault.

Here is the big difference.

In the Brasil case the authorities are conducting and investigation and the perpetrators (both the jail officials and the rapists) will be punished (well in pricipal as who knows what the Brasilian prosecutors are like, etc.).

If this had happened in Saudi Arabia then someont would have said, well the girl should not have shop lifted (she was jailed on suspision of shoplifting) because that caused the police to arrest her and caused the jailer to put her in a cell with 20 men and caused the men to rape her. So of course it was her fault all along.... And while at it why not give her 200 lashes.

See the logic...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 26, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote:I wonder if these guys who argue for the law ever meet women in their lives.

They met and kept their women in a harlem.
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 27, 2007
SCY wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:I wonder if these guys who argue for the law ever meet women in their lives.

No - I think they are more likely to be in Manhattan rather than 'harlem'

:lol:

(I'll get my coat)

cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 27, 2007
Concord wrote:
debian wrote: Another case where separation between men and women is the correct solution but this time it wasn't the girl's fault.

Here is the big difference.

In the Brasil case the authorities are conducting and investigation and the perpetrators (both the jail officials and the rapists) will be punished (well in pricipal as who knows what the Brasilian prosecutors are like, etc.).

If this had happened in Saudi Arabia then someont would have said, well the girl should not have shop lifted (she was jailed on suspision of shoplifting) because that caused the police to arrest her and caused the jailer to put her in a cell with 20 men and caused the men to rape her. So of course it was her fault all along.... And while at it why not give her 200 lashes.

See the logic...
No, in this case it's the jail's fault, the jail officials should not have kept her with the men.

You believe (or want to believe) that they will always blame the woman but that's not true

My point was that no one criticized the decision to move the girl away and suggested instead to focus on teaching the men and "instilling good values" in them
debian
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 27, 2007
pinoy1 wrote:I do not agree that the "separation between men and women is the correct solution", debian.
If a man cannot be with an unrelated woman for a minute before deciding to rape her (or at leat that's how saudi's law think of what men would do- because of a woman's temptous nature, that's why they separate the s3xes), then there's something wrong with his values.
I still think eduacation and instilling good values is the way to go.

by the way, if for a woman being with an unrelated male is illegal, does this mean they can't have male friends? :roll:
Well it happened again in Brazil and according to the statistics rapes are much more in the west, so either they are not educated too or it's just not working
debian wrote:My point was that no one criticized the decision to move the girl away and suggested instead to focus on teaching the men and "instilling good values" in them
debian
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 27, 2007
debian wrote:I wonder what would you guys think of this
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian lawmakers have announced an investigation into a state prison system after authorities said a teenage girl was locked up in an Amazon jail for weeks with 21 men who she said would only let her eat in return for s3x.

The jailing of the 15-year-old on theft charges set off a national scandal over the treatment of women by Brazil's justice system and failures by authorities in northern Para state, where separate jails for men and women do not exist in most towns.
http://www.gulfnews.com/world/Brazil/10170324.html

Another case where separation between men and women is the correct solution but this time it wasn't the girl's fault.

debian, I really don't understand your point. Of course men and women should be seperated in prison, of course it's the 'correct solution' - it's a prison!

Just because male and female prisoners should be seperated from each other while in prison, are you saying that men and women - civilians - should also be seperated from each other in normal society??

You are comparing apples and oranges.
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Nov 27, 2007
I would just point out again that a recent article in Gulf News described the general reaction to this case from young, educated, modern Saudi women.

These women are muslim too. They have their faith, they are not complete hedonists bent on destroying Islam, or traditional Saudi values.
But they do NOT agree with this ruling. They think it sucks.

Again, why are you so supportive of the law, or the application of the law in this instance? Why not lend your support to the women who are trying to voice their opinion and effect (some) change...??
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Nov 27, 2007
shafique wrote:
SCY wrote:

No - I think they are more likely to be in Manhattan rather than 'harlem'

:lol:

(I'll get my coat)

cheers,
Shafique

"Harlem?" lol hahaha
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 27, 2007
debian wrote:My point was that no one criticized the decision to move the girl away and suggested instead to focus on teaching the men and "instilling good values" in them

Why do you think these guys are in jail in the first place? :roll:
You were not talking about separation of men and women in prison, you were talking about separation of men and women in everyday life. No comparison.
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Nov 27, 2007
Debian, rudeboy, I'm just wondering, how do you see women?
Do you think they are there to tempt you into commiting a sin or a crime? Do you think that if they go out in the streets with skimpy clothes and get raped it's their fault?
If you see a lady with an unrelated man in a car, do you think it's ok to rape her since she's commiting the crime of meeting the man?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat