Best Cheesecake In Dubai

Topic locked
Best Cheesecake in Dubai Jan 05, 2008
Where can you get the best cheesecake in Dubai?

Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Cheesecake Jan 05, 2008
I've tried many and have yet to find one that comes even close to taste and texture of my homemade. Sorry, so far I have only found very cheap immitations from the restaurants here.
nora
Dubai Forum User

Jan 05, 2008
DONT have the cheesecake from Spinneys.... its terrible
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 05, 2008
Sweets here are terrible. Safe bet will be Sara Lee's !!

Alternatively Al Qasr's dessert is ok too.
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Re: Cheesecake Jan 05, 2008
nora wrote:I've tried many and have yet to find one that comes even close to taste and texture of my homemade. Sorry, so far I have only found very cheap immitations from the restaurants here.

Is that an invitation or are you starting a new business? :D
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 06, 2008
wow...
riveting subject!!!
gezza
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 06, 2008
Nope, not starting a business. You asked, and I simply answered. If the Cheesecake Factory could not make it in Dubai, it would be silly of me to even try (even though their location stunk!).

Next time I make cheesecake, I'll post and, if you're nice, I may even courier a piece to you. Currently, I'm out of the country, but should return to DXB within a couple of weeks. Now you've got me hungary for cheesecake.
nora
Dubai Forum User

Jan 06, 2008
Oh man...the cheesecake factory!
I used to love that place but yes, strangely enough it never did catch on...people just seemed to go to Cocos instead...
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Jan 06, 2008
Talking on the (riveting) subject of restaurants/places that never quite 'caught on', does anybody remember that family restaurant joint which was located in one of the malls on Jumeirah Beach Rd - the one with cafe ceramique??

I think it was called Bennigans or something...wasn't it supposed to be an Irish American TGI Fridays?? Lol...

I never ate there, and I always meant to.
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Jan 06, 2008
burton wrote:Talking on the (riveting) subject of restaurants/places that never quite 'caught on', does anybody remember that family restaurant joint which was located in one of the malls on Jumeirah Beach Rd - the one with cafe ceramique??

I think it was called Bennigans or something...wasn't it supposed to be an Irish American TGI Fridays?? Lol...

I never ate there, and I always meant to.

]

Man, I love Benigans. There was one in Dubai?
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 07, 2008
Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf have an average cheesecake. Nothing like the real New York Baked variety or the Grodzinsky's light and fluffy available in North West London...but edible.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 07, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf have an average cheesecake.

Shame to say, Coffee Bean's cheesecakes are much better in Asia. Everything is way friggin sweet here.

Off topic, anyone come across any nice muffin in this country? They are appalling! :cry:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Jan 07, 2008
BabyDoll wrote:
Off topic, anyone come across any nice muffin in this country? They are appalling! :cry:

Nice muffin?

Check the thread in this very forum with reference to getting crabs at the York International!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 07, 2008
hey DK

where did you get my Birthday cake? , Mrs A wants more please.
arniegang

Jan 07, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
Check the thread in this very forum with reference to getting crabs at the York International!!

Knight

Go back and check the thread. I suggested a eat-out this week either at the Metropolitan or the York !
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Re: Cheesecake Jan 07, 2008
nora wrote:I've tried many and have yet to find one that comes even close to taste and texture of my homemade. Sorry, so far I have only found very cheap immitations from the restaurants here.

How about sharing us your homemade cheesecake recipe? So, we can try to bake some one of this days.
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Cheesecake Jan 08, 2008
SCY wrote:

How about sharing us your homemade cheesecake recipe? So, we can try to bake some one of this days.

I second that- the Dubaidudette needs another recepie to ruin with her atrocious culinary skills
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 09, 2008
arniegang wrote:hey DK

where did you get my Birthday cake? , Mrs A wants more please.

LeNotre...outlets in MoE and on the Jumeirah Beach Road next to Spinneys. The significant other used to work there if you recall...

8) 8) 8)

Fat Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 09, 2008
say no more Squire

ta

8)
arniegang

Jan 09, 2008
I'll be happy to share my favorite recipe when I get back to Dubai. If your seriously interested in making one, start saving your money as it takes a minimum of 40 oz. of cream cheese. If you want the best, only use Philadelphia cream cheese. Unfortunately, you need to use the original wrapped brick-type which can only be found now at Safestway for about 18 Dhs. per box. (Sorry, the soft tub type doesn't work.) If anyone knows where I can find cheaper, I'd love to know. If I remember right, you'll need 5 boxes. Also, start looking around for a box of Keebler grahm crackers. They have been out of stock for a number of weeks, and Im hopeful they're back by the time I return.

Exact measurements are important, so I'll post recipe when I get back. Regarding Coffee Bean and Tea's cheesecake - sorry, don't agree. I try them from time to time hoping they will taste as good as they look, but dissappointed every time.
nora
Dubai Forum User

Jan 09, 2008
nora wrote:Regarding Coffee Bean and Tea's cheesecake - sorry, don't agree. I try them from time to time hoping they will taste as good as they look, but dissappointed every time.

Indeed... Coffee Bean and Tea's cheesecake is terrible....
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 09, 2008
KeithL wrote:
nora wrote:Regarding Coffee Bean and Tea's cheesecake - sorry, don't agree. I try them from time to time hoping they will taste as good as they look, but dissappointed every time.

Indeed... Coffee Bean and Tea's cheesecake is terrible....

Nooo. When they first started it was good. Not sure where went wrong after that. But the ones in Dubai are never good to begin with.
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Jan 09, 2008
Cheesecake! Yum! Am hungry now :cry:
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 12, 2008
Maccaroni Grill's cheescake is actually not bad (At dubai festival city)
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 12, 2008
Just heard that the best cheesecake in Dubai is at the new Raffles hotel at Wafi.

Checking it out today!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 12, 2008
Will wait for your reviews. After all there are very few more important things in life than good cheesecake :D
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 12, 2008
Ok Dubaidude - you are the one who started this thread. Now you're questioning the importance of cheesecake in the scheme of things - a good cheesecake is right at the top! Just kidding. Anxiously awaiting reviews as well.

Cheers
nora
Dubai Forum User

Jan 12, 2008
OK, I can officially confirm that the cheesecake available at Raffles Hotel is just fantastic! Mind you, its only available as a whole cake and is 150Dhs...but its worth it!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jan 12, 2008
Great news. Now, how big's the cake and how many slices?
nora
Dubai Forum User

Jan 12, 2008
Its big enough! Not very thick but about 30cm x 30cm and just yummy!

8) 8) 8)
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai Business TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Business Talk