My wife is a US-trained dentist with 5 years clinical experience. With our impending move (my jon) to Dubai, what can she expect employment wise?
(1) Is her US credential (DDS) fully recognised?
(2) Can she come to Dubai on a "spouse" visa and then look for work, or will she be required to have a job offer before coming to Dubai?
(3) What licensing requirement is there, and what are the prerequisites for getting licensed?
(4) How is the job market and prospects for dentists in Dubai? Is there enough turnover for positions to be created or is it a fairly stagnant situation with a few established clinics and not much growth of new clinincs?
(5) What can she expect to be paid?
(6) What is the general attitude towards working women and dentists in particular?
Any advice along these lines is welcome!