Iranian Women - Rights Etc

Topic locked
Iranian Women - Rights etc Jan 06, 2011
[Mod: Split from the 'Islamification of Britain' thread]

Mel is just being obtuse.

Iran is full of women who are working in all aspects of society and who don't have to ask their husbands (or fathers) for instructions on how to perform their tasks.

And let's not forget the Iranian sportswomen either:
dubai-politics-talk/iranian-sportswomen-kick-arse-t44652.html

But, this has nothing to do with the fact that thousands are choosing Islam and have obviously been reading the same books on Islam as I read! ;)

cheers,
Shafique

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: The Islamification of Britain: record numbers embrace Mu Jan 06, 2011
shafique wrote:Iran is full of women who are working in all aspects of society and who don't have to ask their husbands (or fathers) for instructions on how to perform their tasks.

And let's not forget the Iranian sportswomen either:
dubai-politics-talk/iranian-sportswomen-kick-arse-t44652.html

Yes, but they have to fight to gain their basic rights. A married woman needs their husband's formal written permission to work, to travel, to even have a surgery! Let aside custody of children and divorce.

Those pics are bizarre! how we have to do sports in hijab and cover! For me as a swimmer and aerobics instructor I can never compete in any international contests! Oh except for the Islamic ones!

And don’t start talking about these are cultural, we all know that these rules are very Islamic!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: The Islamification of Britain: record numbers embrace Mu Jan 06, 2011
And still, so many women are choosing Islam after studying the pros and cons, and separating the myth from reality.

The women working and pictured don't fit the picture painted by BM of someone who needs to ask for hubby's permission to sneeze. That was my point.

If Iranian women have to fight to get the basic rights that their religion and common decency demands, then that is indeed wrong. But I had the impression that Iranian women were vocal and active about their rights.

(BTW - I didn't know there were international sports events for aerobics instructors. If Iranian sportswomen can win medals at Wushu - what 'aerobic' competition can't they enter and why?)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Iranian Women - Rights Etc Jan 06, 2011
It's not for instructors it is for professionals, and yes it needs a special suit which is not allowed in Islam.

Those who choose Islam, don’t know about its reality, they just deceived by people like you!

But they all should meet me! :lol:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Iranian Women - Rights etc Jan 06, 2011
The way that Islam is currently practiced in many countries, with women being segregated, covered, unable to move freely in society as men can - all puts me off Islam as a possible choice if I was looking for a religion. Some of it may be cultural, some religious - by it is really hard to distinguish between the two in many cases.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Shaf, splitting the threads are getting boring! first, you started being off topic and you have to bear the answer! second, one or two posts in a thread is not a big deal really!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

kanelli wrote:The way that Islam is currently practiced in many countries, with women being segregated, covered, unable to move freely in society as men can - all puts me off Islam as a possible choice if I was looking for a religion. Some of it may be cultural, some religious - by it is really hard to distinguish between the two in many cases.

The discrepancy and fault in logic can only be corrected after a through critical examination, which requires an intense personal effort, dont be deluded by the masses their are many "things" , which "people" do , that defies any rational understanding.
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

rational and Islam!!! :lol:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:It's not for instructors it is for professionals, and yes it needs a special suit which is not allowed in Islam.

What is special about the suit - can you post a pic?

What can't someone wearing what they wear for martial arts (and win gold medals) wear and do the same thing? (Just curious)

melika969 wrote:Those who choose Islam, don’t know about its reality, they just deceived by people like you!

LOL

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

(BTW - I find nothing in Islam irrational. No equivalent of trinity or transubstantiation or even Rapture in the Quran)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:
melika969 wrote:It's not for instructors it is for professionals, and yes it needs a special suit which is not allowed in Islam.

What is special about the suit - can you post a pic?

What can't someone wearing what they wear for martial arts (and win gold medals) wear and do the same thing? (Just curious)

Sth like a swim suit, it should be tight with no sleeves, plus shorts.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Why can't the competition be done in say a burkini? It is it just the rules that need changing or does the suit actually have a function?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Why can't the competition be done in say a burkini?

You know shafique she can't really say that the domination is in the hands of christian/jewish/atheist world as authority for guidelines..so muslims really cannot have any say in such matters eigh.. too tough indeed...
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Shaf, Islam does look better to you because you are a man. :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Berrin wrote:
shafique wrote:Why can't the competition be done in say a burkini?

You know shafique she can't really say that the domination is in the hands of christian/jewish/atheist world as authority for guidelines..so muslims really cannot have any say in such matters eigh.. too tough indeed...

Yea too tough.. they dont want to wrap women in several blankets! because of the lack of self control!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

^You didn't answer the question.

Is it the rules that need changing or is there something special about the costume? Why can't the competitors wear something like the burqini?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

They may be able to, but these athletes would stick out like a sore thumb. Everyone else wears similar sports gear optimal for movement and with good fabrics etc. It is strange to try to do sport wearing loose clothing and being covered from head to foot. Would be quite hot and the women would have to take care about dehydration.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:They may be able to, but these athletes would stick out like a sore thumb. Everyone else wears similar sports gear optimal for movement and with good fabrics etc. It is strange to try to do sport wearing loose clothing and being covered from head to foot. Would be quite hot and the women would have to take care about dehydration.

No they are not able too. It is possible in some other sports, as you can see in the pics shaf posted in politics! but regulations say in this sport they can not.

It affects the performance and it's not accpeted.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Clothing affecting sports performance ? , Preposterous !
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

^Zubber -some clothing can affect some sports - I'm just asking whether this is the case here for competitive aerobics.

Mel - in what way would a burqini (or similar) affect the performance? I understand the rules don't allow for less flesh showing - but it seems to me that the rules may be at fault rather than a Muslim lady's sense of modesty.

There are all-in-one swimsuits which are worn by some athletes now to improve performance, and the fabrics used in burqinis etc are the same as those used in other professional sportswear, so are as breathable etc.

From what I can tell, professional aerobic gymnastics is no less energetic than the street dance competitions where the competitors are fully dressed as a norm.

I can fully understand that Muslim ladies won't be able to take part in pole-dancing competitons or bikini contests - there showing flesh is one of the main features. But isn't athleticism and coreography just as impressive when more modestly dressed than in a short and sleeveless top?

Just asking.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

No I dont think so, because I don't think of flesh as much as some other people does! I'm a professional.

The clothes designs is based on real studies on anatomy and it is for athletes.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

They may be able to, but these athletes would stick out like a sore thumb..

Who cares if they stick out like a tumb..It's not a beauty contest..
Why does it matter, if the criterion to win is all about your strenght and swimming technique..

-- Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:37 pm --

The clothes designs is based on real studies on anatomy and it is for athletes.

So are you saying that it is not the race of the skilful man but rahter the race of the clothes designs...Blimey...
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Note that athletic wear is specially designed to take into account many factors, do not underestimate the level of sophistication employed in the design of the material. This is why clothing no longer affects sports performance.
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Hey Mel - you didn't tell us that there is an Iranian female aerobics team:

They seem to have won a competition:
http://www.irandokht.com/editorial/inde ... ialID=3080
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

It is strange to try to do sport wearing loose clothing and being covered from head to foot. Would be quite hot and the women would have to take care about dehydration.

:)I never heard of burkinis made of a feltlike material from goat hair or wool. Scientists must be working on them for full performance as well... :D
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Curiouser and curiouser - a couple of years ago, a course for Aerobic Gymnastic Coaches was held in Tehran by the national coach of Iran ( a French former world champion, no less):

Iran to organize an Aerobic Gymnastics Coaches course
By Asian Gymnastics Union | Published 08/13/2008 | General News , Aerobic Gymnastics | Unrated

An aerobics Gymnastics Course will be conducted in Teheran, Iran from 16th August to 23rd August.
The eight day course will be held under the guidance of former World Aerobics champion from France Greg Alcan who is now the head coach of Iran team.
Through this course, the Iranian Gymnastics Federation aims to establish a base of trainers in order to develop and promote of this important Discipline.

http://www.qatargym1.com/english-articl ... rse-/.html

And Iran seems to regularly send teams to international games. Do they not include a ladies team? (Couldn't immediately see that they did or didn't)

Hmmm.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

zubber wrote:Note that athletic wear is specially designed to take into account many factors, do not underestimate the level of sophistication employed in the design of the material. This is why clothing no longer affects sports performance.

I would only say that sophistication of the material would help if some could efford to wear them and some others not...But once it's known it is available for everbody to wear and try, so you get back to square one..all gets down to your stamina and technique you use...
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Since this has gone totally offtopic and turned into a swimming debate, I'll just put in my 2 cents. AFAIK new body suits were the new rage in pro swiming and they were known to enhance performance due to advanced fluid dymanics i.e less resistance.

I clearly remember seeing even the men wearing these full body suits, and I think there was even some controversy as they gave the athelets an unfair advantage

-- Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:08 pm --

But for the Burquini, personaly I think thats just rediculas and stretching it too far !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

^^ haha , Didnt the guyz in the TRON MOVIE wear this too :)
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

What is Burqini?...I look at the pictures on the net and they are not far off than what you attached above...
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums