Biblical War Crimes

Topic locked
Re: Biblical war crimes Mar 24, 2010
If you want to start a thread about God causing suffering - fair enough, do so. There's a lot of suffering caused by God - from cancers, accidents, plagues, earthquakes etc - but I don't agree with you that these natural disasters as the same as Israelites enslaving virgins and slaughtering people in cold blood.

Your logic is no different from Al Qaeda and other religious extremists who say they are killing in the name of God. Only you go further and condone the enslavement of virgins who were spared so that the Israelites may 'use' them.

This thread is about Biblical war crimes - and the fact you are not confirming whether you are proud to be more extreme a religious fanatic than Al Qaeda.

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Biblical war crimes Mar 25, 2010
So do you think Al Qaeda is too soft for not agreeing with you that it's ok to enslave and rape virgins - just as long as 'god told you to do it'?

But then again, given you have claimed the LRA terrorists are Christian - and they DO actually practice enslavement and rape, do you condone or condemn them? (I presume as they aren't white or Israelite you'll have no problems in condemning these Christians for raping and slaughter - but perhaps you think the Israelites were better than the LRA?)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:If you want to start a thread about God causing suffering - fair enough, do so. There's a lot of suffering caused by God - from cancers, accidents, plagues, earthquakes etc - but I don't agree with you that these natural disasters as the same as Israelites enslaving virgins and slaughtering people in cold blood.

Your logic is no different from Al Qaeda and other religious extremists who say they are killing in the name of God. Only you go further and condone the enslavement of virgins who were spared so that the Israelites may 'use' them.

This thread is about Biblical war crimes - and the fact you are not confirming whether you are proud to be more extreme a religious fanatic than Al Qaeda.

Strawman.

I didn't say that God causes cancer, accidents or earthquakes that afflicts us today.

I'm saying that allah (and his followers) deliberately causes suffering to humanity by inflicting natural or unnatural disasters on disbelievers.

It's really a wow statement that you are unable to distinguish between the two.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

So you're not going to start a new thread?

But your diversionary tactic is transparent - I asked you:

shafique wrote:So do you think Al Qaeda is too soft for not agreeing with you that it's ok to enslave and rape virgins - just as long as 'god told you to do it'?

But then again, given you have claimed the LRA terrorists are Christian - and they DO actually practice enslavement and rape, do you condone or condemn them? (I presume as they aren't white or Israelite you'll have no problems in condemning these Christians for raping and slaughter - but perhaps you think the Israelites were better than the LRA?)
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

No - I don't support the suffering that allah (and his minions) inflicts on disbelievers - wiping out towns.

Wiping out generations of people.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

But you don't condone the 'Christian' Terrorists who kidnap and rape virgins - like the Israelites did.

Hmm.

You are a Tali-tubby aren't you?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Biblical war crimes May 17, 2010
shafique wrote:Eh requested his quotes from this thread. So bumping this for easy reference.

We can post the response to this topic here, when it is answered in the Lars thread in the politics section.
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums