Terrorism In The US - The Facts

Topic locked
Terrorism in the US - the facts May 13, 2010
Here's an interesting fact - according to the FBI, between 1980 and 2005 there were more terrorist acts by Jewish extremists than there were by Muslim extremists. Note that we aren't talking about acts carried by Jews - but acts carried out by Jews in the name of their religion.

According to this data, there were more Jewish acts of terrorism within the United States than Islamic (7% vs 6%). These radical Jews committed acts of terrorism in the name of their religion. These were not terrorists who happened to be Jews; rather, they were extremist Jews who committed acts of terrorism based on their religious passions, just like Al-Qaeda and company.

According to this article, the stats show that all Muslims are terrorists - except for the 94% that aren't:

All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t
Posted on 20 January 2010 by Danios

CNN recently published an article entitled Study: Threat of Muslim-American terrorism in U.S. exaggerated; according to a study released by Duke University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, “the terrorist threat posed by radicalized Muslim-Americans has been exaggerated.”

Yet, Americans continue to live in mortal fear of radical Islam, a fear propagated and inflamed by right wing Islamophobes. If one follows the cable news networks, it seems as if all terrorists are Muslims. It has even become axiomatic in some circles to chant: “Not all Muslims are terrorists, but nearly all terrorists are Muslims.” Muslims and their “leftist dhimmi allies” respond feebly, mentioning Waco as the one counter example, unwittingly affirming the belief that “nearly all terrorists are Muslims.”

But perception is not reality. The data simply does not support such a hasty conclusion. On the FBI’s official website, there exists a chronological list of all terrorist attacks committed on U.S. soil from the year 1980 all the way to 2005. That list can be accessed here (scroll down all the way to the bottom).

Terrorist Attacks on U.S. Soil by Group, From 1980 to 2005, According to FBI Database

According to this data, there were more Jewish acts of terrorism within the United States than Islamic (7% vs 6%). These radical Jews committed acts of terrorism in the name of their religion. These were not terrorists who happened to be Jews; rather, they were extremist Jews who committed acts of terrorism based on their religious passions, just like Al-Qaeda and company.

Yet notice the disparity in media coverage between the two. It would indeed be very interesting to construct a corresponding pie chart that depicted the level of media coverage of each group. The reason that Muslim apologists and their “leftist dhimmi allies” cannot recall another non-Islamic act of terrorism other than Waco is due to the fact that the media gives menial (if any) coverage to such events. If a terrorist attack does not fit the “Islam is the perennial and existential threat of our times” narrative, it is simply not paid much attention to, which in a circuitous manner reinforces and “proves” the preconceived narrative. It is to such an extent that the average American cannot remember any Jewish or Latino terrorist; why should he when he has never even heard of the Jewish Defense League or the Ejercito Popular Boricua Macheteros? Surely what he does not know does not exist!

The Islamophobes claim that Islam is intrinsically a terrorist religion. The proof? Well, just about every terrorist attack is Islamic, they retort. Unfortunately for them, that’s not quite true. More like six percent. Using their defunct logic, these right wingers ought now to conclude that nearly all acts of terrorism are committed by Latinos (or Jews). Let them dare say it…they couldn’t; it would be political and social suicide to say such a thing. Most Americans would shut down such talk as bigoted; yet, similar statements continue to be said of Islam, without any repercussions.

The Islamophobes live in a fantasy world where everyone is supposedly too “politically correct” to criticize Islam and Muslims. Yet, the reality is the exact opposite: you can get away with saying anything against the crescent. Can you imagine the reaction if I said that Latinos should be profiled because after all they are the ones who commit the most terrorism in the country? (For the record: I don’t believe in such profiling, because I am–unlike the right wing nutters–a believer in American ideals.)

The moral of the story is that Americans ought to calm down when it comes to Islamic terrorism. Right wingers always live in mortal fear–or rather, they try to make you feel that way. In fact, Pamela Geller (the queen of internet Islamophobia) literally said her mission was to “scare the bejeezus outta ya.” Don’t be fooled, and don’t be a wuss. You don’t live in constant fear of radicalized Latinos (unless you’re Lou Dobbs), even though they commit seven times more acts of terrorism than Muslims in America. Why then are you wetting yourself over Islamic radicals? In the words of Cenk Uygur: you’re at a ten when you need to be at a four. Nobody is saying that Islamic terrorism is not a matter of concern, but it’s grossly exaggerated.

http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/not-al ... e-muslims/

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Terrorism in the US - the facts May 13, 2010
I think the link you were looking for is: http://looneytuneswatch.com/
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Terrorism In The US - The Facts May 13, 2010
No, that's quite another type of fantasy world altogether! :)
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

It's interesting that you would compare the number of terror attacks carried out by Muslims to the number of terror attacks carried out by Jews.

Strange, when you had so many different choices to pick from - such as leftists or Latinos, etc. (though, I noticed that the dreaded far-right didn't even make it as their own category - interesting).

As for the claim that the Jews were really all religious fanatics, I'll have to see the links before I'll take that website's word for it.

What is interesting is that we are not given any idea what types of attacks these terrorists actually perpetrated.

I mean, I'm familiar with the 9/11 bombings, 1993 WTC bombings, LAX shooting, Nidal Hassan's Jihad spree, the Iranian foreign exchange student's SUV jihad attack, etc, but besides the notorious bombings of Ted Kaczinsky (sp?), Eric Rudolph and Tim McVeigh, other terror attacks aren't well known.

Perhaps the FBI is adding 'terror' attacks onto their list, such as smoke bombing an empty lab which tests on animals.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Terrorism In The US - The Facts May 13, 2010
I guess you will insist that denial is just a river in Egypt! ;)

But, seriously, weren't you surprised that there were more terrorist acts listed by the FBI carried out by Jewish terrorists in support of their religious views than there were Muslim terrorist acts? I was.

The stats speak for themselves - the web page linked to has full refs and links to the FBI stats and descriptions of the terror attacks (and no, he didn't include spurious acts that shouldn't be considered acts of terrorism).

Knock yourself out trying to disprove the stats.

Edit - here's the FBI site:
http://www.fbi.gov/publications/terror/ ... 2_2005.htm

The Jewish Terrorists listed seem to be from the Jewish Defense League - and most of the attacks were bombings. Interestingly, your friend Baruch Goldstein was a JDL member:
The 1994 Cave of the Patriarchs Massacre, in which dozens of Palestinians at prayer were massacred by a gunman in the West Bank city of Hebron, was perpetrated by a one-time JDL member who had emigrated from the United States, Baruch Goldstein.[10] The JDL maintains, on its website, "we are not ashamed to say that Goldstein was a charter member of the Jewish Defense League."[11]

Cheers,
Shafique

-- Thu May 13, 2010 8:36 pm --

You may also want to look at the 2000-1 FBI report:
http://www.fbi.gov/publications/terror/ ... 0_2001.htm

Includes bombing plots by the JDL against an American Congressman who happened to be Muslim.. and just so there is no confusion the FBI say:

The Jewish Defense League has been deemed a right-wing terrorist group.
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Cannot see a Jewish attack in the US for the last 25 years on the FBI list. However, thousands of Americans have been killed by Muslim terrorism on American soil in that period.

But hey, why let the facts get in the way of some good ol' jew bashing.

Expected nothing else from somebody defending nazi's and wife beating.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

What didn't you understand by what I actually wrote?
As for the claim that the Jews were really all religious fanatics, I'll have to see the links before I'll take that website's word for it.

Hmmm, so far, we have one actual terror attack (an assassination) and a few alleged plots.

'nuff said.

vs. 19 suicide bombers, massive truck bombs, homegrown and foreign Jihadists and weekly terror plots.
event horizon

Re: Terrorism In The US - The Facts May 14, 2010
As I said, the stats are from the FBI and the Jewish religious fanatics were members of the JDL who also exported terrorists to Palestine (see link above).

I fully understand you don't want to acknowledge the facts, and want to delay looking at the FBI list - but we'll wait for you to confirm or challenge the fact that Muslim terrorists only constituted 6% of attacks in the US.

You may also want to read the report mentioned in the opening paragraph:
CNN recently published an article entitled Study: Threat of Muslim-American terrorism in U.S. exaggerated; according to a study released by Duke University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, “the terrorist threat posed by radicalized Muslim-Americans has been exaggerated.”

FD - if you go back exactly 25 years, you'll find a spate of pipe bombs by Jewish religious terrorists:
5/15/1985 Northridge, CA Pipe Bombing Jewish Defense League
8/15/1985 Paterson, NJ Bombing Jewish Defense League 1 1
9/6/1985 Brentwood, NY Bombing Jewish Defense League 1
10/11/1985 Santa Ana, CA Bombing Jewish Defense League

You didn't look closely enough before throwing out the usual 'anti-Jewish' slurs! (And these are listed near the end of the paper - under 'chronology' section) ;)
Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Terrorism in the US - the facts May 14, 2010
Your first link in your last post didn't work the first time I clicked on it.

As for your claim that the Jewish terrorists were really religious terrorists, I haven't seen any evidence for this beyond your soap-box oped.

After all, I doubt anyone could claim that Trotsky was a religious fanatic even though he was a pretty bad guy and someone who was of Jewish heritage.

-- Fri May 14, 2010 10:07 am --

LoL.

Here are some of the terror attacks that the author would like to conflate with Islamic terrorism:

MARCH 30, 2001

Arson

Eugene, Oregon

(One act of Domestic Terrorism)

On March 30, 2001, 37 new sport-utility vehicles at a dealership in Eugene, Oregon, were destroyed by arson. Subsequent investigation determined that more than 20 two-gallon containers filled with gasoline were placed under the vehicles and ignited. Damage is estimated at approximately $1 million. On April 1, 2001, Craig Rosebraugh of the North American Earth Liberation Front Press Office announced a claim for the arson by an “anonymous group.” The claim cited “Free” and “Critter,” two environmental activists who were convicted and incarcerated for an arson that had previously been set at the same dealership.

Portland, Oregon

During the early morning hours of April 15, 2001, a fire was reported at the Ross Island Sand and Gravel company in Portland, Oregon. The Portland police and fire bureaus responded and discovered three concrete-mixing trucks on fire. The remains of incendiary devices were later found under each of the trucks. A fourth device was found intact near one of the burned vehicles. The ELF claimed responsibility for the arson in a news release issued on April 23, 2001.

On May 21, 2001, a fire was intentionally set at the University of Washington’s Center for Urban Horticulture. The office of an associate professor specializing in hybrid poplar tree research appeared to be the primary target of the arson; however, fire also damaged other parts of the center, causing approximately $3 million in damage. Five-gallon containers filled with gasoline and electronic timers were used to start the fire. The ELF claimed responsibility for the arson, as well as another arson involving similar incendiary devices set the same day at the Jefferson Poplar Farm, in Clatskanie, Oregon.
event horizon

Well, I hope you can get on to it now here it is with some spaces in it:

http:// www .fbi.gov/publications/terror/terrorism2002_2005.htm

Let me know what your checking throws up about the Jewish Defense League bombings etc and whether they are religous terrorists or not. (Note that I'm not saying they are a major problem in the US - they just carried out more terrorist bombings etc than Muslims did, but still only represented 7% of terrorist acts).

I totally agree that Trotsky would not be characterised as a Jewish terrorist - however, Baruch Goldstein and the other JDL members are - they are self-confessed Jewish religious 'nutters' who use violence to terrorise.

Let me know if you still have problems verifying the facts.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

LoL, one of those 'bombings' was a tear-gas grenade and another was setting a door on fire.

Behavior I don't condone, but I can't help but wonder if some here are trying to compare 19 suicide bombers ramming commercial planes into buildings to the above.

Oh yeah, I don't need to wonder, do I?
event horizon

Please carry on. As I said, the facts speak for themselves.

The litmus test would be whether you'd jump up and down if a Muslim did a similar act.

(The list is the FBI's list of terrorist acts - so feel free to let them know which ones shouldn't be on there)

Is it true that the facts show that 94% of terrorist acts were not carried out by Muslims and that more terrorist acts were carried out by Jewish terrorists than were carried out by Muslims?

We already know your 'beliefs' - but what do the facts show?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:FD - if you go back exactly 25 years, you'll find a spate of pipe bombs by Jewish religious terrorists:
5/15/1985 Northridge, CA Pipe Bombing Jewish Defense League
8/15/1985 Paterson, NJ Bombing Jewish Defense League 1 1
9/6/1985 Brentwood, NY Bombing Jewish Defense League 1
10/11/1985 Santa Ana, CA Bombing Jewish Defense League

Yes thats what I said:

Flying Dutchman wrote:Cannot see a Jewish attack in the US for the last 25 years on the FBI list. However, thousands of Americans have been killed by Muslim terrorism on American soil in that period.

shafique wrote:You didn't look closely enough before throwing out the usual 'anti-Jewish' slurs! (And these are listed near the end of the paper - under 'chronology' section) ;)

LOL. Silly silly Shafique.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

:) If you look through the list you'll also find more recent attacks - by Jewish terrorists on US soil, on the FBI list.

(The attacks I listed are all in the last 25 years - and there are many more from earlier years)

:) Silly indeed.

The stats are clear. Yes, of course we do also see outliers in the data - notably McVeigh's Oklahoma bombing and 9/11 - but the headline stats are still true - only 6% of the terrorist attacks were carried out by Muslims, 7% by Jewish relgious terrorists and the rest by others (including Christian fundamentalists who target doctors). The article starts with a reference to a study which shows the threat from Muslims has been exagerated.

The stats support this view.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote::) If you look through the list you'll also find more recent attacks - by Jewish terrorists on US soil, on the FBI list.

(The attacks I listed are all in the last 25 years - and there are many more from earlier years)

:) Silly indeed.

Cheers,
Shafique

Okay on another link you posted I saw this one listed:

10/20/1986
New York City, NY Incendiary Bombing Jewish Defense League

No dead, noone wounded.

I will rephrase. Cannot see a Jewish attack in the US for the last 23 years, 5 months and 23 days on the FBI list.

Silly Shafique, with his silly games.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Well, if you had said 20 years, 10 years etc I wouldn't have been able to show you were mistaken. You said 25 years!

As it is, the stats are still true - 94% of terrorist attacks in the period were not carried out by Muslims, more were carried out by Jewish religious extremists.

Edit - and let's not be coy that these Jewish Extremists weren't cold blooded terrorists. They killed the Christian American-Arab activist Alex Odeh in October 1985, just because they disagreed with his views.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Odeh

As I said, the CNN article and study by US university is from this year and states that the Muslim threat has been exagerated. The stats support this view.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:As it is, the stats are still true - 94% of terrorist attacks in the period were not carried out by Muslims, more were carried out by Jewish religious extremists.

Loonies.com could make a harder case by looking at the last ten years of the list (1995-2005). 1,5% of the attacks listed was done by Muslims. They could have claimed that 98,5% of terrorist attacks in the period were not carried out by Muslims. But no, their hatred is so big that they had to compare it to a group which didn't execute an attack for 23+ years. Implying, based on these figures, that jewish terrorism (which is non-existent for the 23+years in the US) is a bigger threat in the US than Muslim terrorism (which caused thousands of deaths the last ten years) is FUBB.
According to the list tree spiking counts as much as flying planes in building causing 1000s of deaths.
Only loonies will base there opinions on websites named loony.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sure, you can dice up the stats in different ways.

The main point was that the stats do indeed support the view in the academic study which says the threat from Muslim extremists has been exagerated.

Loonwatch does indeed keep an eye out for loonies - but thus far their reporting has been spot on. I guess that is why there's no need for me to defend them against name-calling ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Flying Dutchman wrote:
According to the list tree spiking counts as much as flying planes in building causing 1000s of deaths.
Only loonies will base there opinions on websites named loony.

Well by now everyone knows your hatred towards muslims otherwise I can't see how you can justify this what seems to be a lame excuse coming from former chief of CIA:

"Porter Goss said that no one person or group of people could have prevented the 11 September attacks."
This is such a remarkable admitance coming from CIA.. "CIA" - CIA head just says so much to all of us...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4314268.stm

You may continue to deny jewish involvement, but everyone else knows that almost all current civilized crimes against humanity are jewish led evangelical christian terror.

The happy news is that American national deep state is now aware of jewish/evangelical terror leak into CIA and these days prefers to put FBI more upfront into the name and blame game in order to sort CIA out ..
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

shafique wrote:Sure, you can dice up the stats in different ways.

Well yes, if you think tree spiking and flying planes into buildings are exactly the same thing you might call it that way. :roll:

shafique wrote:Loonwatch does indeed keep an eye out for loonies - but thus far their reporting has been spot on. I guess that is why there's no need for me to defend them against name-calling ;)

Right, I remember you also found articles on a neo-nazi website 'spot on'.
:shock:

-- Fri May 14, 2010 1:15 pm --

Berrin wrote:You may continue to deny jewish involvement, but everyone else knows that almost all current civilized crimes against humanity are jewish led evangelical christian terror.

:drunken: :drunken: :drunken:

Yoh Berrin, I also heard a rumor evul djoos were behind Pearl Harbor. Do you mind sharing? A good laugh is a nice way to start the weekend. Or how about jews poisened all the wells in the Middle Ages. Please share!
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

:drunken: indeed...I can tell it's been a long time since your last visit to a coffeehouse..

-- Fri May 14, 2010 2:07 pm --

Or how about jews poisened all the wells in the Middle Ages

You don't need to go as far as middle ages..It must be in their genes to carry on..
Israeli police said they suspected militant Jews from a nearby wildcat settlement outpost called Havat Maon.
"No-one has water," said village elder Saber Ehrany, who accused settlers of trying to drive the villagers out.
Settlers have returned several times to the Havat Maon site after Israeli soldiers expelled them.
Mr Ehrany said it was common for the settlers to harass and intimidate the residents of Tatwana.
"They always do these things to us. They are trying to push us to leave the village," he said.
Police spokesman Doron Ben-Amo said it was "unlikely" that the Palestinians would contaminate their own well.

http://www.theinsider.org/news/article.asp?id=964

Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

FD - the list is the FBI's list of terrorist acts, not mine and not the author of the article.

Again, the fact that the academic study referred to in the opening paragraph of the article concludes that the Muslim extremist threat has been exagerated is backed up by the FBI's list.

Even if you remove the tree spiking incidents, the fact still remains that the Jewish extremists carried out more attacks than Muslim, and both would still be dwarfed by the terrorist acts carried out by non-Jews and non-Muslims. (And, are you sure these were included in his stats? - I haven't checked - but in the comments section note he says he hasn't included any incidents where there was just breaking and entering, or stealing of animals etc - he states he's counted terrorist acts only)

Edit:
The FBI has a convenient pie chart of the terrorist attacks (by type)
(Note this is the pie chart referred to in the 'second update' of the article I linked to.
An Islamophobe commented on this article, saying that the statistics are flawed because the FBI included small acts such as “stealing rats from a lab” as an act of terrorism. Of course, this is patently false. Here is a breakdown of the terrorist attacks by type (the pie chart is from the FBI’s official website and can be accessed here):

But, interesting tactic though - try to discredit the conclusions by allusion only. The facts are there to be verified - I look forward to new stats, should you be inclined to calculate them. On this one, I've no reason to question the conclusions or stats presented.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Here's the comment from the "Islamophobe" (boy, aren't Muslims and their ilk quick to call others names):

Interesting, but you are misusing statistics. Look I can do it too!

Look at the pie chart of the deaths caused by terrorist attacks vs. the group you might get a clearer picture of why Al-Qa’ida gets so much press:

Al-Qu’ida: 2972 (93.6%)
Timothy McVeigh: 168 (5.2%)
Other: 38 (1.2%)

So 94% of all terrorist related deaths in the US are caused by Islamic extremists.

Same data, opposite result.

I will say that giving equal weight to flying a plane full of people into a building by Al-Qu’ida terrorists and the Animal Liberation Front stealing a bunch of lab rats is disingenuous. Yet both are listed as terrorist acts in that table.

For perspective there were 30,896 firearms related deaths in the US in 2006 alone.

Islamphobic post

And yes, tree spiking was counted. Though, tree-spiking is what I would consider an act of terrorism, the metal spike can easily wound or kill the chainsaw operator.

The point being, of course, is that (the more harmless) enviromental nazis and tear gas throwers are given equal weight as truck bombers and kamikaze pilots.

Needless to say, it's a lot easier to spike trees and rack up terror attacks that way than it is to blow up a federal building or attack the Pentagon.
event horizon

Re: Terrorism In The US - The Facts May 15, 2010
So, which of the 318 terrorist acts were tree spiking then? Were they part of the 20 'malicious destruction' - given that 209 were bombings, aren't you just airing your desperation? ;)

Stats speak for themselves.

I know you refuse to condemn JDL export terrorist Baruch Goldstein, but do you also refuse condemn his compatriots who killed the American, Christian Alex Odeh in 1985 - just because he was an Arab and could embarrass them on TV debates?

Edit - and let's not be coy that these Jewish Extremists weren't cold blooded terrorists. They killed the Christian American-Arab activist Alex Odeh in October 1985, just because they disagreed with his views.

This wasn't a tree spiker incident! (And neither were the other 208 other bombings in the list)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Terrorism in the US - the facts May 15, 2010
Please try and keep up.

I already said that tree spiking is an act of terrorism. The chainsaw operator can easily be wounded or killed by the enviro-nazis who spike trees.

My point was that throwing a tear gas canister into a building, starting a door on fire or spiking trees (which could all lead to deaths) is leagues away from leaving dozens of pounds of high explosives on a crowded train, let alone finding 19 suicide bombers to ram commercial airliners into office buildings.
event horizon

Re: Terrorism In The US - The Facts May 15, 2010
Yes, I agree eh - McVeigh's Oklahoma bombing and the 9/11 attacks are the outliers on the list. All the other terrorist attacks kill relative few people and most cause no injuries. Put it another way, of the top two lethal attacks - one was by Muslims, one wasn't.

The point still remains though, 94% of terrorist acts were carried out by nonMuslims, more terrorist acts were carried out by Jewish extremists (who killed an American by bombing him in one of the attacks- just because he publically debated with them on TV and disagreed with their views).

But let me ask you again about whether you condemn the JDL bombing in 1985:

I know you refuse to condemn JDL export terrorist Baruch Goldstein, but do you also refuse condemn his compatriots who killed the American, Christian Alex Odeh in 1985 - just because he was an Arab and could embarrass them on TV debates?

..let's not be coy that these Jewish Extremists weren't cold blooded terrorists. They killed the Christian American-Arab activist Alex Odeh in October 1985, just because they disagreed with his views.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Seems to me many of these so called 'Acts of Terrorism' could be explained as simple insurance scams or petty rivalry between business people.

Hardly a nationwide guerrilla war.

Parking a truck full of explosives outside a building with deliberate intent (Oklahoma) is clear terrorism.

:( :( :(

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:Seems to me many of these so called 'Acts of Terrorism' could be explained as simple insurance scams or petty rivalry between business people.

Well, given it was an FBI list - I wouldn't be surprised if there is some dodgy data in there. However, 209 bombings out of the 318 terrorist acts sounds to my (admitedly layman) ears as a bit more than insurance scams!

Dubai Knight wrote:Hardly a nationwide guerrilla war.

Well, in a way that is the point the article is making - terrorism in the States is largely carried out by numpties, the majority of whom are non Muslim. The list includes McVeigh killing his countrymen, 9/11 and also Jewish Extremists blowing up Christian American opponents just because they are Arab and good on TV.

So, another way of looking at it - the majority of the numpties are non-Muslim, and the honours amongst the 'serious terrorists' are shared between a few - which include Muslim, Jew and nonMuslims

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Terrorism in the US - the facts May 16, 2010
shafique wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Seems to me many of these so called 'Acts of Terrorism' could be explained as simple insurance scams or petty rivalry between business people.

Well, given it was an FBI list - I wouldn't be surprised if there is some dodgy data in there. However, 209 bombings out of the 318 terrorist acts sounds to my (admitedly layman) ears as a bit more than insurance scams!

Dubai Knight wrote:Hardly a nationwide guerrilla war.

Well, in a way that is the point the article is making - terrorism in the States is largely carried out by numpties, the majority of whom are non Muslim. The list includes McVeigh killing his countrymen, 9/11 and also Jewish Extremists blowing up Christian American opponents just because they are Arab and good on TV.

So, another way of looking at it - the majority of the numpties are non-Muslim, and the honours amongst the 'serious terrorists' are shared between a few - which include Muslim, Jew and nonMuslims

Cheers,
Shafique

Ah, good old American stereotyping!

"You got a beard? You is a Mooslim!"

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Terrorism In The US - The Facts May 16, 2010
^:)

It reminds of the poor Sikh guys who were arrested (and one was killed IIRC) in the US in the aftermath of 9/11 - I recall all the guys in the office shaking their heads at the yanks for confusing these guys for Muslims because they had long beards and turbans!

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk