John Askew @ Zinc (refurbished) 16/11/06

Topic locked
John Askew @ Zinc (refurbished) 16/11/06 Nov 08, 2006

MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 08, 2006
apparently Zinc has paid 6 million dirhams to refurbish the place and its looking good ..
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 08, 2006
MaaaD wrote:apparently Zinc has paid 6 million dirhams to refurbish the place and its looking good ..

Sorry maaad - what happened to Fresh then?
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 08, 2006
I dont know, fresh was just a temporary place for partying while they worked on the new zinc. I dont think there will be anymore events in that ballroom :D
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 08, 2006
It's ok - I prefer Zinc than Fresh. :wink:
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 09, 2006
Interesting stuff... MaaaD: Any idea whether Above & Beyond are going to spin in Dubai anytime soon? It says on their website that Dubai is TBC for 16/11 and 14/12 :S
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 09, 2006
double post
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 09, 2006
maybe 14th of Dec .. but i highly doubt the 16th of Nov to close and i havent heard anything. You should ask David Newsum. (I think he brought them last time?)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 09, 2006
MaaaD wrote:maybe 14th of Dec .. but i highly doubt the 16th of Nov to close and i havent heard anything. You should ask David Newsum. (I think he brought them last time?)

I talked to him and he told me he plans to bring them back in Jan or Feb '07, and Apartment have someone else next Thursday... We'll see though, I doubt it will be at a special venue because such thing should be advertized and planned well in advance
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 16, 2006
see ya party animals there tonight ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 17, 2006
Well I like what they've done to the place, only mproblem is they need more extractors, it's too damn smokey in there.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 17, 2006
ya i loved the new design. simple and smart. My most favorite thing was that the bar has two sides one of them being facing the dance floor. Also thank god they got rid of the claustraphobic stairs .. :D

John Askew was a pleasent surprise (i had never heard of him before last night)....
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 04, 2006
kool kool
hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai EventsForum Rules

Return to Dubai Events