Cirque Du Soleil In Dubai!!!

Topic locked
Cirque du Soleil in Dubai!!! Sep 13, 2006
Cirque du Soleil is set to eclipse Lord of the Dance, Chicago and Robbie Williams as the UAE’s biggest ever live entertainment event when it comes to town next year.
The French-Canadian acrobatic troupe yesterday announced that Dubai will be the venue for its first Middle East performances during the Dubai Shopping Festival.

More than 140,000 are expected to turn up for the 56 performances of Quidam at Ibn Battuta Mall between February 4 and 28.

That dwarfs the 14,000 people who saw Lord of the Dance in January 2004, the 20,000 crowd at the Robbie gig this year and the more than 28,000 who went to see Broadway hit Chicago in May.

Local promoters estimate that the market for live entertainment in the UAE is around 200,000, but organisers are counting on the high volume of tourists that flock to the Emirates every year to see the show.

“The readiness of the Middle East’s tourism infrastructure and the increasing appetite for culture and highvalue entertainment in the region, makes this an ideal time to bring Cirque du Soleil to Dubai,” said Marvin Shaire, chief operating officer of Retailcorp, the event’s organiser.

The sheer scale of the producton is also unprecedented. Quidam – one of a dozen different but unique Cirque de Soleil shows – travels with its own city, a big top with more than 2,500 seats, an artistic tent, a box office, kitchen, school, offices and warehouses.

Cirque du Soleil marketing director Milan Rokic said the production of Quidam was chosen because “it fitted in with our global plans”.

It will be on exclusively in Dubai, he added.

“We don’t duplicate our shows. We have 13 shows performing simultaneously and when Quidam plays in Dubai it is the only place in the world you will be able to see that specific show.” Quidam means “anonymous passer-by” in Latin and was inspired by New York. Cirque du Soleil was formed in 1984 by a group of young street performers. Since then, the business has expanded from 73 to 3,000 employees. Its artists and employees represent more than 40 nationalities and speak 25 languages.

Rokic said Cirque du Soleil had become so successful because it was cross-cultural and explored universal themes such as “happiness, sadness, joy, relationships”.

The performers do not speak in any particular language, “it’s a made-up language”, he explained.

Corporate packages are already available and tickets will be on sale to the general public from November 1. Prices are Dh200, Dh300 or Dh400 for premium nights (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) and Dh100 for children. On weeknights, prices range from Dh75 to Dh350.

People can book online at http://www.showbizme.com or can call 04 366 2277.

Retailcorp has appointed Australian company Showbiz as the exclusive agent for ticket distribution.

This decision was taken because an external ticket supplier can provide the high level of service people expect for such an event, the organiser said.

MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2006
Very excited about this one, saw there show in Las Vegas and it was great !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2006
is it an acrobatic troupe? sorry for being ignorrant :?

i heard something bout it on the radio today morning.

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2006
Yes Jeevan they are, but the show is very different and unique from anything you would have ever seen.

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2006
this is one show i wouldnt miss!!....QUINDAM is the new production by CDS...apparently the older shows were really spectacular too...missed it in hong kong as the lines were a mile long...jeevan i highly recommend it...as lot of the commercials get thier ideas from Cirque and a vice versa...its all about adaptation of impossible angles and maneuveres...man my spelling sucks...hahaha
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 13, 2006
Bah damn Canadians, can't get away from them :lol: :lol: :lol:

i've been to a couple of their shows before, definitely worth checking out.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Sep 14, 2006
Really want to see them!!!!

I also want to work as a clown in my part-time, does anyone know anyone who can help?
girl_glen
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 14, 2006
girl_glen wrote:I also want to work as a clown in my part-time, does anyone know anyone who can help?

DubaiForums.com is currently accepting applications for forum clown after the sad demise of the late HP. Apply within.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 14, 2006
MaaaD wrote:
girl_glen wrote:I also want to work as a clown in my part-time, does anyone know anyone who can help?

DubaiForums.com is currently accepting applications for forum clown after the sad demise of the late HP. Apply within.

maad it seems u really miss HP ....... y dont u try ur own advice u once gave to him , i guess HP is fiollowing ur advice and enjoying somewhere......remember free hand?
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Cirque du Soleil in Dubai!!! Nov 04, 2006
MaaaD wrote:Cirque du Soleil is set to eclipse Lord of the Dance, Chicago and Robbie Williams as the UAE’s biggest ever live entertainment event when it comes to town next year.
The French-Canadian acrobatic troupe yesterday announced that Dubai will be the venue for its first Middle East performances during the Dubai Shopping Festival.

More than 140,000 are expected to turn up for the 56 performances of Quidam at Ibn Battuta Mall between February 4 and 28. Hi, this should read Jan 4th to Feb 18th 2007 and tickets are currently available for performances from Jan 4-25
That dwarfs the 14,000 people who saw Lord of the Dance in January 2004, the 20,000 crowd at the Robbie gig this year and the more than 28,000 who went to see Broadway hit Chicago in May.

Local promoters estimate that the market for live entertainment in the UAE is around 200,000, but organisers are counting on the high volume of tourists that flock to the Emirates every year to see the show.

“The readiness of the Middle East’s tourism infrastructure and the increasing appetite for culture and highvalue entertainment in the region, makes this an ideal time to bring Cirque du Soleil to Dubai,” said Marvin Shaire, chief operating officer of Retailcorp, the event’s organiser.

The sheer scale of the producton is also unprecedented. Quidam – one of a dozen different but unique Cirque de Soleil shows – travels with its own city, a big top with more than 2,500 seats, an artistic tent, a box office, kitchen, school, offices and warehouses.

Cirque du Soleil marketing director Milan Rokic said the production of Quidam was chosen because “it fitted in with our global plans”.

It will be on exclusively in Dubai, he added.

“We don’t duplicate our shows. We have 13 shows performing simultaneously and when Quidam plays in Dubai it is the only place in the world you will be able to see that specific show.” Quidam means “anonymous passer-by” in Latin and was inspired by New York. Cirque du Soleil was formed in 1984 by a group of young street performers. Since then, the business has expanded from 73 to 3,000 employees. Its artists and employees represent more than 40 nationalities and speak 25 languages.

Rokic said Cirque du Soleil had become so successful because it was cross-cultural and explored universal themes such as “happiness, sadness, joy, relationships”.

The performers do not speak in any particular language, “it’s a made-up language”, he explained.

Corporate packages are already available and tickets will be on sale to the general public from November 1. Prices are Dh200, Dh300 or Dh400 for premium nights (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) and Dh100 for children. On weeknights, prices range from Dh75 to Dh350.

People can book online at http://www.showbizme.com or can call 04 366 2277.

Retailcorp has appointed Australian company Showbiz as the exclusive agent for ticket distribution.

This decision was taken because an external ticket supplier can provide the high level of service people expect for such an event, the organiser said.
brettj
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Nov 11, 2006
I booked my tickets yesterday 8)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 13, 2006
The Vegas Show is completely different to the one that is coming here. Quindam is still a great spectacle and many of the performers are long standing CduS acts, but this is their 'B' stream team.

Will be there too...probably backstage!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 13, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:The Vegas Show is completely different to the one that is coming here. Quindam is still a great spectacle and many of the performers are long standing CduS acts, but this is their 'B' stream team.

Will be there too...probably backstage!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight

Hi best friend of mine :wink:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai EventsForum Rules

Return to Dubai Events