Would You Attend An Outdoor Market During Ramadan?

Topic locked
Would you attend an outdoor market during Ramadan? Apr 09, 2013
I find it a little annoying that during the summer months there is very little to attend for entertainment (apart from the cinema and shopping malls). Myself and a group are looking into organising an evening market/souk/ bazaar in one of Dubai's larger parks during the final two weeks of the Ramadan. Would you consider attending such an outdoor event between 7pm and 2am or would the evening heat rule out any chance?

Ideally it would involve about 100 private and independent vendor's who would sell the likes of art/ handcraft/ clothes/ home&fashion accessories/ toys/ snacks/drinks etc.; a childrens play zone, face painting,a food area.
Given the time of year, it would also include different types of cultural awareness/ understanding & charity organisations. It would be focused on fun and community spirit.

From my research so far the response has been hugely positive, but i would love to get your thoughts. Good, bad or undecided. We are strongly considering this. Please leave a note and thank you in advance.

HappyDubai
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat