Try Not To Laugh.......but............

Topic locked
Try Not to Laugh.......but............ Jul 07, 2011
DUBAI // The UAE's justice system has been ranked first in the Middle East and North Africa and 13th in the world by an annual study.

The World Justice Project's Rule of Law Index 2011, which covers 66 countries, put the UAE seven places above the US, which ranked 20th.

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news ... nual-index

This is the full report: http://worldjusticeproject.org/sites...roli2011_0.pdf (Download the PDF file and go to page 101 to see UAE's charts.)

I can't imagine who the organization got the "facts" from???

Or would this be a better question: how much did someone get paid?

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Try Not To Laugh.......but............ Jul 07, 2011
And I thought I'd seen it all !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Try Not to Laugh.......but............ Jul 07, 2011
Unbelievable!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Try Not To Laugh.......but............ Jul 07, 2011
The article states: "Ebrahim El Saddig, a partner at the international law firm SNR Denton & Co, who is based in Dubai, wrote the part of the report concerning the UAE."

Hardly impartial...it's not like he was going to point out what is wrong....
BlueOrb
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Try Not to Laugh.......but............ Jul 07, 2011
The UAE does not realize that they actually make it look worst. No one beleives their justice system is better than in the US or Europe, not only it makes people laugh, but also make them think how desperate the UAE is trying to bribe recognition.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Try Not to Laugh.......but............ Jul 08, 2011
If the US system is so good then why do people like Casey Anthony get let off. I mean someone laughing and smiling when asked about how she murdered her daughter would have been locked away for life in Dubai.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

benwj wrote:If the US system is so good then why do people like Casey Anthony get let off. I mean someone laughing and smiling when asked about how she murdered her daughter would have been locked away for life in Dubai.

no they wouldnt, it would depend on who it is.
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

And if it was so good in the UK we would deport those who preach hate openly on our streets. Instead we reward them with our benefits system.
Bethsmum

BlackburnRovers wrote:
benwj wrote:If the US system is so good then why do people like Casey Anthony get let off. I mean someone laughing and smiling when asked about how she murdered her daughter would have been locked away for life in Dubai.

no they wouldnt, it would depend on who it is.

Precedent?.. going against public opinion that is.
benwj

The UAE couldn't judge a game of tiddlywinks fairly.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Knight
Dubai Knight

I guess you didn't follow the case or don't understand how the system works. It's hard for people to factor in what the prosecution needs to do to prove their case when sitting back in a chair and playing judge and jury all by themself.

The majority of people are convinced she did kill her child. It appears even her parents are convinced of it since they haven't spoken to her since she was found not guilty. You have to keep in mind that the prosecutor had to PROVE that she killed her child, which they were unable to do. That evil person can stand in front of the cameras now and admit she did kill her child without fear of going to trial - double jeopardy. Her case was no different from OJ Simpson. The majority of the people were of the opinion that he committed murder, but the jury felt that the prosecutor did not prove their case against him. When OJ wrote his book he came short of admitting that he committed murder. It comes down to PROOF.

Now Casey Anthony can be considered that she is not a threat to society. What she has to watch out for is that society will be a threat to her. IMHO, if she wasn't guilty she would be asking that they find the person who did indeed kill her child, but I guess she already knows who did it.

Unlike a certain case here in the UAE -errrr, does the name Essa ring a bell???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

The only reason why they don't have the smoking gun is because, unlike in Dubai, the police couldn't take her out the back and request a confession :lol: :lol: :lol:
But she won't have to worry. She was found innocent so the govt will pay for a change in identity, relocation and police protection.
As for Essa, He WAS innocent wasn't he?
benwj

benwj wrote:The only reason why they don't have the smoking gun is because, unlike in Dubai, the police couldn't take her out the back and request a confession :lol: :lol: :lol:
But she won't have to worry. She was found innocent so the govt will pay for a change in identity, relocation and police protection.
As for Essa, He WAS innocent wasn't he?

:lol: :lol: Hey, she was found innocent!!! Why would she need to change her identity, relocate and need protection. Nope, you only get all those extras when you helped the government or are a known criminal. :wink: I'm sure the state of Florida thinks that enough money was wasted on that trial - at least the taxpayers who were demonstrating outside the court house think that.

Can't help to wonder where she's going to go when she is released. Don't think she's welcomed at many places and likely has very few friends. Apparently she doesn't have any skills for employment sooooo, what's left? Another one on the dole!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Try Not To Laugh.......but............ Jul 09, 2011
Sadly, in the Casey Anthony case there wasn't enough evidence to clearly say that she killed her daughter. She claimed the daughter drowned in the pool and she was spooked and didn't report it to the police. They were never able to establish how the girl died. I think the mother's behaviour was bizarre, and even if the child did drown in the pool it is horrible that no ambulance was called and the police weren't informed. She was out partying only days after the death and didn't seem upset at all. I think there is something deeply wrong with that woman, and it very well may be that she did kill her child, but there has to be forensic evidence that proves her guilt. Sometimes killers get away with their deeds, and the justice system is not always to blame. In my opinion the US justice system is not perfect, but it is far ahead of the UAE justice system.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Try Not to Laugh.......but............ Jul 09, 2011
Totally agree with Kanelli :)
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

and even if the child did drown in the pool it is horrible that no ambulance was called.

Is that the understatement of the year?
Bethsmum

herve wrote:Totally agree with Kanelli :)

It served your purpose also didn't it herve.
benwj

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat