The Most Dangerous Car On Dubai's Roads...

Topic locked
  • Reply
The most dangerous car on Dubai's roads... Posted Mar 04, 2009
The Nissan Sunny

Image

Sure, they look harmless, but I bet they kill more people than cancer every year. What is it about these cars that compels the drivers to drive not only at 93km/h on the open highway, but to do it in the second lane from the left? That's next to the fast lane people, it's next to the fast lane where people are driving at 160.

I don't think I've ever seen one of these going faster than 120. Do they have a speed limiter in them, or does their suckiness just infect the driver's self esteem so much they they feel they don't deserve to go faster?

Does it not bother them that there are people passing them on all sides, 15 cars backed up behind them and even trucks going faster than them? Dude, look behind you, those 35 people aren't on your tailgate because they love the grandma Nissan styling, they're on there because they had to slam on the breaks to avoid hitting you because you seem to be going backwards.

Get out of the way!

[/rant]

Captain Australia
Dubai chat master
User avatar
Posts: 851
Location: Radelaide

  • Reply
Posted Mar 04, 2009
Nissan cars are reputed for being most stylish and faster than their toyota counterparts.
However when it comes to Sunny and Corolla, it surprising how almost all Sunny drivers drive slowly, are Keralites and moustached at that

I call them "Sunnymen", and everytime I overtake one of them, I place a bet with my friends on the driver being a moustached South Indian with both hands on the steering.

I will be very politically incorrect and state why they have no qualms about that. Its the same reason why they stomp on the brakes when they see radars.

Its about money.....

They are ok with getting rear-ended as long as its the other person's fault and they dont have to pay fines.

Such drivers also have a tendency to brake hard when they are 10 meters from the signal and it just turns amber.

"Yass long yas i yam not paying, yy worryyy?' shakes head from side to side
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper
Posts: 508

  • Reply
Posted Mar 04, 2009
Don't know about the money thing, but I have noticed that 90% of the drivers seem to be Indian, and now you say it, moustached. ha!

It's not even the size of the engine either. Tida and Yaris drivers seem to have no problems reaching the speed limit. It's just something about the Sunny.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master
User avatar
Posts: 851
Location: Radelaide

  • Reply
Posted Mar 04, 2009
The drivers are South Indians, and yes I have been overtaken at 160 kph by a 1.3l Echo, but never a Sunny......
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper
Posts: 508

  • Reply
Posted Mar 04, 2009
Rant continued:

Captain, would you rather prefer to see the old days of Sunny driving?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTFpOp9JFUM&feature=related
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts
User avatar
Posts: 5928
Location: ---

  • Reply
Posted Mar 04, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Rant continued:

Captain, would you rather prefer to see the old days of Sunny driving?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTFpOp9JFUM&feature=related


Holy sh*t! Those boys are mad. Ok, I'll take the grandpas on SZR over these guys thanks. ha!
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master
User avatar
Posts: 851
Location: Radelaide

  • Reply
Posted Mar 04, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:
RobbyG wrote:Rant continued:

Captain, would you rather prefer to see the old days of Sunny driving?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTFpOp9JFUM&feature=related


Holy sh*t! Those boys are mad. Ok, I'll take the grandpas on SZR over these guys thanks. ha!


But I don't like Sunny's at all, so I have to show a little off-topic food here. And its my personal favourite, also performed in Dubai...offcourse ;)



And to bump back on the rant; Sunny's can do it, but a BMW can do it way faster the good way and... the bad way.
See how this BMW 750 holds up appearances after hitting a 'a little sand dune' :D

Insane Arabs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsg8CFi8 ... =1&index=4
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts
User avatar
Posts: 5928
Location: ---

  • Reply
Posted Mar 04, 2009
The most dangerous is Toyota Hiace fully loaded with passengers and always speeding 160 km/h even in City streets. I believe one such driver with a beard and guts could kill as many people as 12 Sunny...
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU
User avatar
Posts: 2265

  • Reply
Posted Mar 04, 2009
Yeah, but he's speeding and swerving safely at 160 and only crashes because he doesn't see the Sunny doing 93 and crashes into him.

Just kidding. Some of those van drivers are mad, and I wager not a seatbelt among the 12 people in the back.


PS: I saw a speed camera and 10 metres of barrier taken out this morning on the Dubai-Abu Dhabi highway (Abu Dhabi bound opposite the Samha ADNOC). Way to take one for the team mate.

If you're going to crash, please aim for a speed camera. ;-)
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master
User avatar
Posts: 851
Location: Radelaide

  • Reply
Posted Mar 04, 2009
The scriest are those truck drivers who think they're driving ferraris.
Snow
Dubai forums Addict
User avatar
Posts: 297

  • Reply
Posted Mar 04, 2009
I saw a cop the other day driving casually in the truck lane doing 80. There were half a dozen trucks behind him not daring to pass, and probably swearing all kinds of things because they couldn't drive as fast as they normally do.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master
User avatar
Posts: 851
Location: Radelaide

  • Reply
Posted Mar 04, 2009
dare I mention the Good old land cruiser or Nissan Patrol with blacked out windows....Christ knows what they can see through them at night.....But that is not the point....is it?
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper
Posts: 543

  • Reply
Re: The most dangerous car on Dubai's roads... Posted Mar 05, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:The Nissan Sunny

Image

Sure, they look harmless, but I bet they kill more people than cancer every year. What is it about these cars that compels the drivers to drive not only at 93km/h on the open highway, but to do it in the second lane from the left? That's next to the fast lane people, it's next to the fast lane where people are driving at 160.

I don't think I've ever seen one of these going faster than 120. Do they have a speed limiter in them, or does their suckiness just infect the driver's self esteem so much they they feel they don't deserve to go faster?

Does it not bother them that there are people passing them on all sides, 15 cars backed up behind them and even trucks going faster than them? Dude, look behind you, those 35 people aren't on your tailgate because they love the grandma Nissan styling, they're on there because they had to slam on the breaks to avoid hitting you because you seem to be going backwards.

Get out of the way!

[/rant]


my hats down for you Captain.. you just spoke out my heart :D
quatroporte
Dubai chat master
User avatar
Posts: 698
Location: Dubai

  • Reply
Posted Mar 05, 2009
Ha ha...this thread is hilarious. There is a problem going too fast, driving slow, dosen't seem right either. Prudence and safety by moustached men, are virtues to some, vices to others....
But i guess the problem, whole and soul, lies with driver training in this part of the world and in the subcontinent. Seriously in my opinion, allowing and incompetant fool to take the wheels, should be constituted an act of terrorism! Some of the accidents I've seen on the roads in UAE....outrageous!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 3034

  • Reply
Posted Mar 05, 2009
And vehicles with those darned tinted glasses......Jus makes me :x :x
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 3034

  • Reply
Posted Mar 05, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:Ha ha...this thread is hilarious. There is a problem going too fast, driving slow, dosen't seem right either.


If you drive slower than me, you are an idiot. If you drive faster than me, you are a maniac.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU
User avatar
Posts: 2285
Location: Dubai

  • Reply
Posted Mar 05, 2009
gtmash wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:Ha ha...this thread is hilarious. There is a problem going too fast, driving slow, dosen't seem right either.


If you drive slower than me, you are an idiot. If you drive faster than me, you are a maniac.


Yep, the true hypocracy of the human mind. Sad beings are we actually, aint it? ;)

As long as we follow the herd...everything's OK :shock:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts
User avatar
Posts: 5928
Location: ---

  • Reply
Posted Mar 05, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
gtmash wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:Ha ha...this thread is hilarious. There is a problem going too fast, driving slow, dosen't seem right either.


If you drive slower than me, you are an idiot. If you drive faster than me, you are a maniac.


Yep, the true hypocracy of the human mind. Sad beings are we actually, aint it? ;)

As long as we follow the herd...everything's OK :shock:


Tell me bout it.....we humans are weird animals....Hypocrisy is a trait all of us share in common, irrespective of nationality, caste or creed!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 3034

  • Reply
Posted Mar 06, 2009
'Fancy' buses, end of story! :D :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 4261

  • Reply
Posted Mar 06, 2009
ferrari
guru777
Dubai Expat Wannabe
Posts: 5

  • Reply
Posted Mar 06, 2009
guru777 wrote:ferrari


ARE YOU A THIEF?????
TheChoosen
Dubai Expat Helper
User avatar
Posts: 403

  • Reply
Posted Mar 10, 2009
Hilarious thread! I have felt the same about Sunny's for many years.
NinaSimone
Dubai Forum User
Posts: 19

  • Reply
Posted Mar 11, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:I saw a cop the other day driving casually in the truck lane doing 80. There were half a dozen trucks behind him not daring to pass, and probably swearing all kinds of things because they couldn't drive as fast as they normally do.


You may not know this, but trucks on the AUH motorway are NOT allowed outside the slow lane, if they come up on a slower moving truck, the slower moving truck normally pulls into the hard shoulder (still moving) to allow the faster truck to overtake.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU
User avatar
Posts: 2051

  • Reply
Posted Mar 11, 2009
The scariest things are when you come up behind a Tiida/Yaris doing over 160/180 km/h, these things are all over the show on damn skinny tyres. :lol: and vise versa, when you get overtaken by a Tiida or Yaris doing over 160/180 :shock:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU
User avatar
Posts: 2051

  • Reply
Posted Mar 11, 2009
yorky500 wrote:The scariest things are when you come up behind a Tiida/Yaris doing over 160/180 km/h, these things are all over the show on damn skinny tyres. :lol: and vise versa, when you get overtaken by a Tiida or Yaris doing over 160/180 :shock:


...that only rented new tyres to pass the plate renewal then put the eight year old ones back on....
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot
User avatar
Posts: 4261

  • Reply
Posted Mar 11, 2009
The most dangerous car for me is actually a truck- those white ones with elaborate flowery decors on the railings and usually driven by a pakistani guy (uh-oh...), used to move stuff from furnitures to empty soda cans.
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict
Posts: 220
Location: Bubble Land

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat