Looking For A Long Lost Relative In Dubai

Topic locked
Looking for a long lost relative in Dubai Sep 01, 2013
Hello,

I’m writing because I’m not sure where else to turn…

I’m looking for a long lost relative. He’s a Palestinian immigrant, English (and Arabic) speaking, and, at least 30 years ago, he was a boat captain for an oil company in Dubai. His name is Mohammed (possibly of a different spelling variation). I don’t have a last name.

I know the odds are greatly against success, but I wanted to reach out in case anyone had any ideas of a good way to find him.

Thank you.

IFKC
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Looking For A Long Lost Relative In Dubai Sep 01, 2013
Every other man in Dubai is called Mohammed.

In England we have a TV series called Long Lost Relatives. It's s real tear jerker. I think they usually have more to go on than a first name.

Good luck tho. I have no idea where you could start. How about going back to where he came from to get a family name?
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

You will certainly have to give more information than that.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Thanks to both of you. Unfortunately, there's not much more information to give. I don't have a last name or any other good identifying information. But I realize the most common name in the world is espeically common in Dubai. :) I just want to give it a shot.

Is anyone aware of any english forums geared toward the Palestianian community in Dubai? I wasn't able to locate one.
IFKC
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Looking For A Long Lost Relative In Dubai Sep 02, 2013
I have a couple of Palestians living in UAE on my Facebook. I still think you need more than 'Mohammed'. How come you don't have a family name if he is a relative?
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Looking For A Long Lost Relative In Dubai Sep 02, 2013
This might seem a bit unorthdox... but if I were you I'd dump the internet and I'd just hang around any of the ports in Dubai. Oh wait... 30 years ago. Hmm... yep I doubt you will find him. There are s*** tons of people named Mohammed in Dubai. I can think of 10 Mohammeds right off my head already. You're going to need more info than that.

Or you can go to the oil company he works for and ask.
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Looking For A Long Lost Relative In Dubai Sep 04, 2013
Hi Im Mohammad, would be nice if someone is looking for me, besides debt collectors, police the law... Hi Im Mohammad any females looking for me im right here.
Bugz
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Looking For A Long Lost Relative In Dubai Sep 06, 2013
Bugz wrote:Hi Im Mohammad, would be nice if someone is looking for me, besides debt collectors, police the law... Hi Im Mohammad any females looking for me im right here.

LOL

Fishy post...surely there is at least a last name from 30 years ago! Yours and the person's; otherwise how do you know 'el capitan' is/was related to you?
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Looking For A Long Lost Relative In Dubai Sep 08, 2013
I saw what you did there Ambassador. Fishy post, sea captain. Haha.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat