Leaked Images Of BMW Forthcoming Vision Z Concept

Topic locked
Leaked images of BMW forthcoming Vision Z Concept Aug 14, 2009
Images leaked on Web of what was claimed to be BMW’s forthcoming Vision Z Concept, hiding under a thin semitransparent cover.

Click on following to read full story with images;)

http://www.thecarlovers.com/index.php?p=read-news&id=72

Cheers

wishmaster
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 14, 2009
Ha! The car looks 'Bangled'! Ever since Chris Bangle took over I've really hated BMW designs. The front of the car looks horrendous, as though it would instantly metamorphose into something else altogether. It kinda looks incomplete!
What happened to free flowing smooth designs with sharp curves?
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 14, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:Ha! The car looks 'Bangled'! Ever since Chris Bangle took over I've really hated BMW designs. The front of the car looks horrendous, as though it would instantly metamorphose into something else altogether. It kinda looks incomplete!
What happened to free flowing smooth designs with sharp curves?

Bangle did a great job leading BMW into the future. I do admit not every model was as aggressive as I like them to be.

Chris Bangle was Director of Design until February 2009. The Dutchman Adriaan van Hooydonk has taken over the scepter now at BMW Design.

This model is one of Adrian's: see his comments about the exterior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtSHXB9G ... r_embedded

BMW is the best baby :wink:
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 14, 2009
it's just a concept car...
G to tha T
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 14, 2009
G to tha T wrote:it's just a concept car...

The Z-version is.

But this is the latest official release: BMW X6M with the 4.4i V8 twin scroll turbo. All wheel drive with DPC.

555hp @6000 rpm.

This beast weighs in at 2380 kg !!! and still it reigns to 100km/h in 4.7 seconds.
Snow tests: http://www.autojunk.nl/clips/view/154070
Track test prototype: http://www.autojunk.nl/clips/view/150563

Its not my favourite, but hey, its quite impressive for this weight to enter the market officially on a racetrack. Its just as quick as the old E46 M3 but almost a ton heavier :lol:

Luxury SUV sports. Not my style. :wink:
I think the X5M is nicer. But the E92/E93 M3 does it for me.
RobbyG

Aug 14, 2009
Looks like a cross between a Mitsubishi Galant and a Siemens toaster !

:)
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 14, 2009
viking-warrior wrote:Looks like a cross between a Mitsubishi Galant and a Siemens toaster !

:)

Excatly, although a bit more like the newer lancer. G you would say BMW the best because you have one. Probally makes you feel special as not many of them around in your part of the woods.

I think BMW didn't make any decent looking cars after the last 94-01 generation 7 series. Always hated the 5 series and the X6 what were they thinking !

My opinion about Porsche, Merc and BMW still the same, highly overated and over hyped. I'm sure if they replaced the badge with a Hyundai. Nobody would buy them or have anything good to say about them.

Merc and BMW are just riding on thier past laurels.

Its just the badge nothing else. Still two thumbs down for BMW.
desertdudeshj

Aug 15, 2009
Hey Rob Bangle may be no more, but his designs will live on for a while, that's for certain.
I still don't like the Z4!

Merc definitely aint riding on past laurels, not in my book.

Mercs are aspirational. If one has only driven Jap cars he will never know what he's missing. Jap cars do the job, they will take you through ur daily grind and bustle...but a Merc is for connoisseurs. Not just the Merc but a BMW, Audi, Lexus etc.
The new Merc E350 is testament to this.

Not all BMW's are great, but I appreciate the effort. There was a visionary change in thinking and for good or bad it represents progress.

I too absolutely love the older BMW's. So popular with Palestinians today. Those were beautiful cars. But BMW's design has evolved and that's a good thing.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 15, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:I too absolutely love the older BMW's. So popular with Palestinians today.

Thats one of the reasons I don't like the BMW's. The late 80's early 90 3 series are quite nice but have that sitgma attached to them.

I really like the old Shaba's aswell ( 90's S Series ) always wanted one

I just sold my range, was a victim of the credit crunch. When things get better looking to get a Lx470 instead of a LS this time or newer model range rover. Thats the only thing I can thank BMW is refining the Range Rover. Really love that car. While at the same time messing up there own X5 ?

Lexus and Range Rover are the only true Luxury vehicles in my view ( Not counting the maybachs, bentleys and Rolls ofcourse ) and oh not to forget the only worth while Merc the G55. And the worst being the Cayenne S still cant get over the sh!t colour interiors. The Turbo saving some face only due to the throaty exhaust note it gives out.

Although in Mercs defense. My wife works for Al Fahim ( EMC ) and I get to oogle at the new mercs in the showroom everymorning ( I always need to use the loo when droping her off ;) )

And some very classy looking models out there. excluding the CLS thats one ugly fark.

I also pass by AGMC the only thing intresting on the floor there is the highly modidied X5 somekind of special edition. Rest is all the boring stuff.
desertdudeshj

Aug 15, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:I too absolutely love the older BMW's. So popular with Palestinians today.

Thats one of the reasons I don't like the BMW's. The late 80's early 90 3 series are quite nice but have that sitgma attached to them.

I really like the old Shaba's aswell ( 90's S Series ) always wanted one

I just sold my range, was a victim of the credit crunch. When things get better looking to get a Lx470 instead of a LS this time or newer model range rover. Thats the only thing I can thank BMW is refining the Range Rover. Really love that car. While at the same time messing up there own X5 ?

Lexus and Range Rover are the only true Luxury vehicles in my view ( Not counting the maybachs, bentleys and Rolls ofcourse ) and oh not to forget the only worth while Merc the G55. And the worst being the Cayenne S still cant get over the sh!t colour interiors. The Turbo saving some face only due to the throaty exhaust note it gives out.

Although in Mercs defense. My wife works for Al Fahim ( EMC ) and I get to oogle at the new mercs in the showroom everymorning ( I always need to use the loo when droping her off ;) )

And some very classy looking models out there. excluding the CLS thats one ugly fark.

I also pass by AGMC the only thing intresting on the floor there is the highly modidied X5 somekind of special edition. Rest is all the boring stuff.

If you are representing the regular opinion, then I'm the contrarian.

But I must say, I don't drive BMW just for the looks (other brands have nice exteriors also) but I prefer it because of the driving qualities.

I think you would concur with me if you had more feeling for the finer art my friend. And I understand that personal opinion is every mans good. BMW just goes beyond opinion. Its an engineering excellence, aswell as Mercedes.

GM, Chrysler and Ford went bust for a reason. They are rusty in every sense ;) and thats just one reason... :D
RobbyG

Aug 15, 2009
RobbyG wrote:I think you would concur with me if you had more feeling for the finer art my friend.

And what are you trying to say here. That your some kind of elite connoisseur of art. Whlile we or I are grunts ?

G my friend. An average person who grew up here by the age of 20 drives more Luxury cars and SUV's than you will ever see in a life time in dyke land.

Have you ever driven, let me rephrase, how many top luxury SUV's or cars have you seen let alone driven staying out there ?

Your limited experience with the finer automobiles really doesnt hold any water.
desertdudeshj

Aug 15, 2009
n'aime pas
dresden
Dubai chat master

Re: Leaked images of BMW forthcoming Vision Z Concept Aug 15, 2009
wishmaster wrote:Images leaked on Web of what was claimed to be BMW’s forthcoming Vision Z Concept, hiding under a thin semitransparent cover.

Click on following to read full story with images;)

http://www.thecarlovers.com/index.php?p=read-news&id=72

Cheers

That looks bad!
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 15, 2009
Urgh looks like a bad Dodge Charger - not nice.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 15, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:
RobbyG wrote:I think you would concur with me if you had more feeling for the finer art my friend.

And what are you trying to say here. That your some kind of elite connoisseur of art. Whlile we or I are grunts ?

G my friend. An average person who grew up here by the age of 20 drives more Luxury cars and SUV's than you will ever see in a life time in dyke land.

Have you ever driven, let me rephrase, how many top luxury SUV's or cars have you seen let alone driven staying out there ?

Your limited experience with the finer automobiles really doesnt hold any water.

Nice of you to highlight something I said that has an important piece of context missing that comes after it. Dangerous quote DD, but I'll forgive you for ripping my words apart. :twisted:

Having said that, I'm not saying you're a grunt. Now you said it, perhaps you are which does explain the huge rusty carbon footprint you drive ;)

So tell me more about my 'limited experience'? What on earth would you know, what I experienced and gathered over the years? 8)

I think your statement doesn't hold any sand either. I put my odds on my water. Its your choice though :D

RobbyG

Aug 15, 2009
Well here's what I do know, your young ( late 20's ) an umemployed ( for quite sometime now ) areonautical engineer or something ? And you drive a old BMW which has already been in a couple of crashes.

What I also know in general is people in your parts of the woods really don't have the car culture we have here. I've seen Germans from Stuggart I might add oogling over an mid 90's Porsche. Why I ask, because it a big deal from many of their own mouths they hardly see those "over there" let alone having driven one. And when was the last time I saw a Lamborghini Gallardo. Oh thats right when I went to pick up a pack of smokes an hour back.

So I seriously doubt, you might have direct long term experience with any of the newer generation models. Other than the oldish B'mer you have now and any of the previous cars you might have owned.

True its all assumption but 1+1 usually is 2

What I also do know is my profession has always been automobiles one way or the other whether it be testing prototypes, driving them, modifying them, repairing or servicing them. Also having worked with most major car manufacturers including your beloved German brands.

Rob, when I first joined this forum a few months back I honestly thought you were a decent chap, well you are ( I think ) but it your general condescending tone in almost every post you post here does get annoying sometimes.
desertdudeshj

Aug 15, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Well here's what I do know, your young ( late 20's ) an umemployed ( for quite sometime now ) areonautical engineer or something ? And you drive a old BMW which has already been in a couple of crashes.

What I also know in general is people in your parts of the woods really don't have the car culture we have here. I've seen Germans from Stuggart I might add oogling over an mid 90's Porsche. Why I ask, because it a big deal from many of their own mouths they hardly see those "over there" let alone having driven one. And when was the last time I saw a Lamborghini Gallardo. Oh thats right when I went to pick up a pack of smokes an hour back.

So I seriously doubt, you might have direct long term experience with any of the newer generation models. Other than the oldish B'mer you have now and any of the previous cars you might have owned.

What I also do know is my profession has always been automobiles one way or the other whether it be testing prototypes, driving them, modifying them, repairing or servicing them. Also having worked with most major car manufacturers including your beloved German brands.

Rob, when I first joined this forum a few months back I honestly thought you were a decent chap, well you are ( I think ) but it your general condescending tone in almost every post you post here does get annoying sometimes.

I don't agree completely, but I'll give you this: I have a strong opinion about things.

I will come forward to you. I had a bit of a condescending tone there.
You may see this as my apology.

;)
RobbyG

Aug 15, 2009
Accepted, I think ?
desertdudeshj

Aug 15, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Accepted, I think ?

Thats up to you, my friend. ;)
RobbyG

Aug 15, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:

Oh boy, you must be really something. You do have all the reasons to be very proud of yourself. Can I get your autograph, please!
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 15, 2009
:angry3: Your done, got that out of your system...good. Now move on now n00b
desertdudeshj

Aug 16, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:

Hey! I love the CLS. But taste is subjective.
dresden
Dubai chat master

Aug 16, 2009
RobbyG wrote:GM, Chrysler and Ford went bust for a reason. They are rusty in every sense ;) and thats just one reason... :D

wrong.
dresden
Dubai chat master

Aug 16, 2009
Yes taste is subjective. I think it looks like an exagerated VW beetle.

I do think Americans do have some nice automobiles in their stable but the problem I think is they are making too many products out on the shelve and splitting up their resources instead of making a few good solid all round cars. Like Jeep comming out with the totally useless 4 dr wranglers, patriost and compass. Well atleast they realised and dropped the last two.

Have one full size SUV, one Mid size, one sedan etc etc. They are trying too hard to fill up every segment with a lot of quickly made and not thought out very well stuff.

They need to ditch the excess bagage and concentrate on a few. I like the new direction Cadillac is going in also the new retro styled muscle cars like the Mustang, Camaro and Challenger.

Although the mid to small sedan segment really needs to be looked at and some clever marketing.
desertdudeshj

Aug 16, 2009
RobbyG wrote:GM, Chrysler and Ford went bust for a reason. They are rusty in every sense ;) and thats just one reason... :D

Well even porsche was on the verge of brankruptcy and closure. Even with its "lengendary" history and reputation. It was the Cayenne which pulled it out of the doldrums.

Toyota for the last few years has been making the shitiest cars ever and still hold number 1 spot, only recently due to the economic situation they have reported a loss after a gazillion years.

In my view how a company is doing and the quality of cars they make are not locked solid ofcourse they are linked but is not the only factor. If that makes any sense.
desertdudeshj

Aug 17, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Yes taste is subjective. I think it looks like an exagerated VW beetle.

I do think Americans do have some nice automobiles in their stable but the problem I think is they are making too many products out on the shelve and splitting up their resources instead of making a few good solid all round cars. Like Jeep comming out with the totally useless 4 dr wranglers, patriost and compass. Well atleast they realised and dropped the last two.

Have one full size SUV, one Mid size, one sedan etc etc. They are trying too hard to fill up every segment with a lot of quickly made and not thought out very well stuff.

They need to ditch the excess bagage and concentrate on a few. I like the new direction Cadillac is going in also the new retro styled muscle cars like the Mustang, Camaro and Challenger.

Although the mid to small sedan segment really needs to be looked at and some clever marketing.

Agreed on all counts about the American Manufacturers,

But keep in mind, their troubles are exponentially higher due to union's and change is very tough within the organization. It just adds to their woes.

They do make pretty decent cars now-a-days, perhaps not up to jap/german spec though, but then again, their price ranges arent up there either...
dresden
Dubai chat master

Aug 17, 2009
Yeah the unions really jacked them up and walked away with a very good package.
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat