Importing An Air-Rifle From U.S

Topic locked
Importing an Air-Rifle from U.S Jun 04, 2009
Hello Guys :)

I just wanted to know if it is possible to import an airgun from United States through the website (pyramydair) as they could ship to UAE...My only concern is the Dubai Customs :)

The Airgun is an 5.5 PCP Airforce Condor.

supra
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 05, 2009
Hi
Airgun very difficult to export,but i don't know how to import.
i think you should ask forwarder.-.-
jokey_wang
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 05, 2009
why would you want to import an airgun? what / where are you planning on using it? :shock:

Keep it in the US, where it belongs. :wink:
Scotsman

Jun 05, 2009
I'm thinking that Customs may take it away from you and give you a receipt, saying come back in a month's time to collect it. That's what they did with a high powered air pistol I arrived with a few years ago. Not sure what happens after that as I never bothered to go back to collect it.

You can buy quite decent airguns here, with all the accessories, scopes, etc. There's a large shop in Deira near to City Centre.The Arabs do love a gun....
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 05, 2009
mmm, seem to remember a story about some sickos shooting and killing two cats in Springs with an airgun. just curious as to what the intended purpose is. :roll:
Scotsman

Jun 05, 2009
Scotsman wrote:why would you want to import an airgun? what / where are you planning on using it? :shock:

Keep it in the US, where it belongs. :wink:

Well, I think that's his business, but he could start by shooting all the bastard cats that sleep and urinate on the roof of my soft top car......
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 05, 2009
don't agree hump, if he's intending shooting pooch's & pusses, I might buy one too! Garage the car, I've a soft top too and never had a problem with any animal on top, you live on safari??
Scotsman

Jun 05, 2009
Mate, my car is under cover but it's an open garage. I bought a cover for the roof, the tomcats now spray all over that instead, which is not as bad as it was except that I have to handle it every day to put it on and off :(

Cats are wild animals that should not be classed as pets, nobody has any control over them, but their so called 'owners' say they love their little balls of fur. :evil:

Dogs are kept under control or should be. I read a couple of weeks ago that there is a even law being introduced to stop them being in public without being on a lead. Harsh, but when you see the way that locals can treat dogs that they 'find' you would not want your dog to go missing.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 05, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Mate, my car is under cover but it's an open garage. I bought a cover for the roof, the tomcats now spray all over that instead, which is not as bad as it was except that I have to handle it every day to put it on and off :(

Cats are wild animals that should not be classed as pets, nobody has any control over them, but their so called 'owners' say they love their little balls of fur. :evil:

Dogs are kept under control or should be. I read a couple of weeks ago that there is a even law being introduced to stop them being in public without being on a lead. Harsh, but when you see the way that locals can treat dogs that they 'find' you would not want your dog to go missing.

Fair point hump. I've had cats throughout my life till I moved here and while I love them, they are independent and I did get a bit fed up clearing up pooh from our garden in Scotty land, so goodness what the non cat owning neighbours thought! I got my lab here in Dubai and i do respect the laws and culture of locals and would never leave the dog pooh or allow my dog to run off leash and hound the locals. But I would do the same in my own country too. Responsibility is the key :D
Scotsman

Jun 05, 2009
Good man. I love labs, never had one though. My parents used to own a pet shop so I've been brought up an animal lover, but cats...

I guess it's only the anti-social side of them I've a problem with. Is it cruel to clip their claws and keep them indoors, walking them in a harness if you really feel you have to? I don't know, but seems the only answer to me!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 05, 2009
Bloody Yanks and their guns! Pfff
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 05, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Good man. I love labs, never had one though. My parents used to own a pet shop so I've been brought up an animal lover, but cats...

I guess it's only the anti-social side of them I've a problem with. Is it cruel to clip their claws and keep them indoors, walking them in a harness if you really feel you have to? I don't know, but seems the only answer to me!

Hisssssss!!!! No harness for me!!! Got me eye on your car. I'm going to leave a surprise for you when you get up in the morning SH. :twisted:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 05, 2009
Bora there's only one weapon I'd use on you, and you know where I keep that ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 05, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Bora there's only one weapon I'd use on you, and you know where I keep that ;)

Sigh. I can only hope. :P
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 05, 2009
I'm afraid it's large bore, hope that's OK :)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 05, 2009
Speedhump wrote:I'm afraid it's large bore, hope that's OK :)

get a room :D
Scotsman

Jun 05, 2009
Scotsman wrote:

get a room :D

Getting to know us, getting to all about us....................
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 05, 2009
:? .com
Scotsman

Jun 05, 2009
^^^Doesn't surprise me. Stick around hon!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 05, 2009
drifted way off topic, ban guns in the UAE!! :evil:
Scotsman

Jun 05, 2009

You just bang away hon.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 05, 2009
kill me and I will become "far more powerful than you can ever imagine!"

Besides, got me right to avatar now!!

LOL

:headbang:
Scotsman

Jun 05, 2009
Scotsman wrote:kill me and I will become "far more powerful than you can ever imagine!"

Besides, got me right to avatar now!!

LOL

:headbang:

OMG, he's a cartoon character!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 05, 2009
you aint seen nothing yet :oops:
Scotsman

Jun 05, 2009
Scotsman wrote:you aint seen nothing yet :oops:

FYI: Nothing surprises me!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 05, 2009
I would :shock:

PS why can't I upload my avatar????? what is this 10kb stuff, can I condence
Scotsman

Jun 05, 2009
Scotsman wrote:I would :shock:

PS why can't I upload my avatar????? what is this 10kb stuff, can I condence

I can tell you but then I would have to kill you.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 05, 2009
do it, please!!! :smilebox:

please tell me, otherwise I'll inflict more smileys on everyone!
Scotsman

Jun 05, 2009
Scotsman wrote:do it, please!!! :smilebox:

please tell me, otherwise I'll inflict more smileys on everyone!

Check you messages.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 05, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Bloody Yanks and their guns! Pfff

What's the pproblem with the Yanks and their guns? You would love to have one when you see bump into a guy trying to whak you or any of your kids :wink:
PointGiven
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat