Du ?!

Topic locked
May 09, 2006
Don't get me wrong, I do have issues with Etisucksalot, but you have to agree that 99.9% of the time, when you pick up a phone here...it generally works! Can't be all bad until the bill arrives!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 09, 2006
I agree to a point DK. But providing a good service is something that should be taken for granted.

Ripping consumers off because of a monopoly sucks.

Take one example of Wesel. 160 dhs to provide the Sim Card, then 12 months later give us another 100 dhs to reactivate it.

So if we applied that crappy principle to DEWA DIC etc we would all be cut off after 12 months, then pay again to get reconnected.
arniegang

May 09, 2006
They do that every month don't they?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

May 10, 2006
I Agree to these terms wrote:Trouble with the incumbent is that it's an old work horse and it's upper layers cascading to the roots are stale and I'd hedge a bet that their ineptitute leads to their inability to manage in a changing market.

"Ineptitute"? Is that a kind of musical instrument?

I wouldn't have thought there was a significant level of ineptitude prevalent in the upper layers. Of course, it makes sense that they try to protect their monopoly as long as they can. What particular aspects of their changing market management policies would you have specific issues with?

I've been impressed how quickly they've come to connect phones, internet, and even more impressed that when I forget to pay my bill and the line gets disconnected, by the time I get home from making the payment, it's working again. And for no penalty fee.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

May 10, 2006
arniegang wrote:"the regulator" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, well... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Products and Services in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Products and Services in Dubai