For The Ladies

Topic locked
for the ladies May 26, 2010
after some heavy tanning a few years ago (looked like a gypsy one summer and my face ended up looking like a world map once the colour came off) and 4 years in dubai, my skin got pretty messed up. so a friend of mine talked me into using this product called obagi to get rid of the spots on my face.
girls I'm telling you, this thing works. im using 1st a face wash, followed by 10% concetration serum and finally this bleaching cream on the affected areas. actually is best if you just apply on the entire face. ur skin will get red like when you expose it to sun, but after a few days, when you wash it the upper layers will start coming off and the skin under just amazing. ive been using this combination finished with sun protecting cream for the last 2.5 weeks and cannot recognize my skin. so smooth and clean and almost no trace of the spots.

oh and though not cheap, is not over the board expensive either. there is a shop in dubai mall and a farmacy in marina where they sell it.

raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: for the ladies May 26, 2010
Excellent i hope it works on my spotty ar*e :wink:
busa
Dubai forums Addict

busa wrote:Excellent i hope it works on my spotty ar*e :wink:

You have to stop wearing those leather trousers!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dubai Knight wrote:
busa wrote:Excellent i hope it works on my spotty ar*e :wink:

You have to stop wearing those leather trousers!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight

But they make me look so "buff"
busa
Dubai forums Addict

You're putting something which contains BLEACH on your skin? Are you mad!!!!

There are far better ways to get rid of sun spots - the easiest of which is just to apply a high SPF sunscreen on your face everyday, as the skin naturally comes off so the sun spots will fade.

Never put anything containing bleach in on your face, trust me you'll regret it in the long term!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:You're putting something which contains BLEACH on your skin? Are you mad!!!!

There are far better ways to get rid of sun spots - the easiest of which is just to apply a high SPF sunscreen on your face everyday, as the skin naturally comes off so the sun spots will fade.

Never put anything containing bleach in on your face, trust me you'll regret it in the long term!

Women folk are plainly mad
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Yeah well you know those that are pale sit in the sun to darken their skin, whereas dark skinned women bleach their skin to look pale - go figure.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: For The Ladies May 26, 2010
Aye but all the fun bits are normally white
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Not if you're an 'all over tanner' they're not! :lol:
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

raidah wrote:after some heavy tanning a few years ago (looked like a gypsy one summer and my face ended up looking like a world map once the colour came off) and 4 years in dubai, my skin got pretty messed up. so a friend of mine talked me into using this product called obagi to get rid of the spots on my face.
girls I'm telling you, this thing works. im using 1st a face wash, followed by 10% concetration serum and finally this bleaching cream on the affected areas. actually is best if you just apply on the entire face. ur skin will get red like when you expose it to sun, but after a few days, when you wash it the upper layers will start coming off and the skin under just amazing. ive been using this combination finished with sun protecting cream for the last 2.5 weeks and cannot recognize my skin. so smooth and clean and almost no trace of the spots.

oh and though not cheap, is not over the board expensive either. there is a shop in dubai mall and a farmacy in marina where they sell it.

Chocs is totally correct. I have a friend who is a plastic surgeon and he said the only safe way to take off skin is by using a laser or a medical jel. He said anyone using bleach of any kind is a fool and it will damage your skin permanently. In fact he said anyone using this sort of product may think they look better now but continued use can age the skin by 20 - 25 years in just a few years of use.
arniegang

What Raidah is describing sounds very much like a home chemical peel to me, which is not really a good idea without seeing a dermatolagist first. The fact that you said your face went red and the skin peeled off, could have gone very differently if you'd had a allergic reaction to any of the ingredients. The results could have gone completely the other way and been pretty horrific.

I would never ever do anything like this, unless it was done by a professional, and it's normally a course of treatments over months with long breaks inbetween to allow the skin to recover., certainly not to be used on a daily basis.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

arniegang wrote:
raidah wrote:after some heavy tanning a few years ago (looked like a gypsy one summer and my face ended up looking like a world map once the colour came off) and 4 years in dubai, my skin got pretty messed up. so a friend of mine talked me into using this product called obagi to get rid of the spots on my face.

Chocs is totally correct. I have a friend who is a plastic surgeon and he said the only safe way to take off skin is by using a laser or a medical jel. He said anyone using bleach of any kind is a fool and it will damage your skin permanently. In fact he said anyone using this sort of product may think they look better now but continued use can age the skin by 20 - 25 years in just a few years of use.

Yes yes very good, but i think we should be concentrating on this "all over tanning" thingie,i think it could be the way forward, photos should be required as proof though
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Took a look at the website for this product. It is not a bleach-based product. Actually it is dispensed through a doctor issuing a prescription (US). Obviously you need to see a physician for an evaluation in order to determine if this product (which actually is medicinal) is for you.

UAE - no prescription required!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

busa wrote:Yes yes very good, but i think we should be concentrating on this "all over tanning" thingie,i think it could be the way forward, photos should be required as proof though

I am right behind ya buddy!

However I am intrigued by this dark skinned girls going white and white skinned going dark...white skinned girls get a tan, but have the white bits. So on the dark skinned girls are the 'interesting' bits therefore still dark? Is it like a black and white negative thing?

I think we should be told...er...shown!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Bora Bora wrote:Took a look at the website for this product. It is not a bleach-based product. Actually it is dispensed through a doctor issuing a prescription (US). Obviously you need to see a physician for an evaluation in order to determine if this product (which actually is medicinal) is for you.

thanks for clarifying Bora

this is not to be used if you have a dark skin naturally to get whiter. I'm as white as one can get and the purpose of using this was to clean up the skin, which it did.

as for alergic reactions, its a no brainer that you test 1st on hand any product that could potentially damage face skin or scalp
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

raidah wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Took a look at the website for this product. It is not a bleach-based product. Actually it is dispensed through a doctor issuing a prescription (US). Obviously you need to see a physician for an evaluation in order to determine if this product (which actually is medicinal) is for you.

thanks for clarifying Bora

this is not to be used if you have a dark skin naturally to get whiter. I'm as white as one can get and the purpose of using this was to clean up the skin, which it did.

as for alergic reactions, its a no brainer that you test 1st on hand any product that could potentially damage face skin or scalp

Oi! What about answering my extremely important questions? Busa needs to know too!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: for the ladies May 27, 2010
I fear that we may never know old chap
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Re: for the ladies May 27, 2010
Then I shall have to resort to my Russian military grade binoculars with the lenses polished by Brillo and hunker down outside the walls of the ladies labour camp one night for verification.

All in the name of science, of course!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: For The Ladies Jun 04, 2013
i want to know about any skin bleaching cream
rabia
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: For The Ladies Jun 04, 2013
I will not trust some bleach , my Sun protection cream is far better.
Judij
BANNED

Re: for the ladies Aug 11, 2013
Girls u will not believe i had a massage from a male he is superb in his services awesome satisfaction hi iis a Male masseur, Professional masseur for females , specialized in full body massage , will do any additional service as per request , satisfaction is his prime moto. ..... will try agan.............
honestgangster
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat