Autocratic And Cowardly

Topic locked
Autocratic and Cowardly Jan 14, 2011
I’ve just been informed that BM has received another ban for reasons unknown and this time for a week, does anyone know the reason why? If a moderator is going to impose such a penalty I would have thought common decency at least, dictated the disclosure of the offence to the offender, to simply ban someone without explanation I find autocratic and cowardly.

Regards

Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Autocratic and Cowardly Jan 14, 2011
One of the last things she wrote was that she would never entertain a Paki. Might have upset some people.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:One of the last things she wrote was that she would never entertain a Paki. Might have upset some people.

British – Brit
Pakistani - Paki
Australian – Aussie
Canadian – Canuck
French – Frenchie
Netherlander – Dutch or Hollander
South African – Saffer
Palestinian – Pali

All of the above have been used, and some quite regularly on DF, I fail to see why a shortened or colloquial name of any Nationality in informal surroundings should cause offence? I for one am rather proud of my Nationality as a Brit.

Regardless of any personal opinions or interpretations I would be interested to know from the Moderators, the reason for BM's one week ban?

Regards
Dillon

Re: Autocratic And Cowardly Jan 14, 2011
Although she frequently sprouted racist rhetoric, possibly under the influence of Chardonnay :lol: , I would have to agree that she should not have been banned!
zonker
BANNED

I don't see any reason to ban her! and I have no idea why she got one! (except for some people are not happy about her presence!)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

DDS with his swollen "moderator" head - clearly.

Anyway, this Forums is about dead and banning BM only adds to it (as she is one of the few here who starts threads and engages discussion - many others critizice only or engage in self serving; "I am good and moral, look at me, etc. etc.").

Anyway, busy here as Berlusconi is stirring the pot again! (more entertaining that the forum !)
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

not COOL !
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dillon wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:One of the last things she wrote was that she would never entertain a Paki. Might have upset some people.

British – Brit
Pakistani - Paki
Australian – Aussie
Canadian – Canuck
French – Frenchie
Netherlander – Dutch or Hollander
South African – Saffer
Palestinian – Pali

All of the above have been used, and some quite regularly on DF, I fail to see why a shortened or colloquial name of any Nationality in informal surroundings should cause offence? I for one am rather proud of my Nationality as a Brit.

Regardless of any personal opinions or interpretations I would be interested to know from the Moderators, the reason for BM's one week ban?

Regards

Should I feel left out??? I'm a Yank through and through and proud of it!!!

I gather a flag being perceived as offensive is not as offensive as an avatar that clearly sends the message "terrorist", and I'm not talking about Mr Bean!!

I'm off to send a case of Chardonnay to the naughty corner!!! Fortunately I know how to get there. :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I didn't know she had been banned. So news to me.

I didn't complain about her - but she was laying it on a bit thick recently, she did use the phrase 'dirty stinky paki' or something similar, but was citing as something she would not normally say? Not sure if it was that or some other comment that broke the camel's back?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:I didn't know she had been banned. So news to me.

I didn't complain about her - but she was laying it on a bit thick recently, she did use the phrase 'dirty stinky paki' or something similar, but was citing as something she would not normally say? Not sure if it was that or some other comment that broke the camel's back?

Cheers,
Shafique

Shaf, easy enough to know why, just check the Moderator Control Panel. It had nothing to do with any comment she made. If you are going to refer to the possibility that it was over a comment, worse has been said about other nationalities with no repercussion.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

shafique wrote:I didn't know she had been banned. So news to me.

Cheers,
Shafique

And the full text for those who are interested.

Bethsmum wrote:
shafique wrote:Well, again you've failed and confused your experience facts.

Have you actually asked anyone in the US military about what the term 'grunt' is used to refer to? (I could point you to military sites on the web which explain this, or even a simple Google search - but hey, you're a lady of experience)

Cheers,
Shafique

Yes Shaf, I've lived in the real world. Unlike you apparantly. I suppose you are now going to say you didn't make up the term grunt, as you did with white ferral under class so it's ok to use it. I didn't make up the term 'dirty stinking paki' but I still wouldn't use it.
You see I'm learning from the master here!

Regards
Dillon

BM might have to learn from the likes of Concord from yesteryear, and just make up a new user name, like BMbanned or something. Smooth move banning one of the only frequent posters.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Such diabolical politics even exist in kinder-garden
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Ambassador wrote:this Forums is about dead

I thought so too... based on the number of posts anyway.

-- Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:38 pm --

Bora Bora wrote:I gather a flag being perceived as offensive

No doubt. rag[head] probably struck a chord as well.

-- Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:42 pm --

dubaidog wrote:BM might have to learn from the likes of Concord from yesteryear, and just make up a new user name, like BMbanned or something. Smooth move banning one of the only frequent posters.

Another name I haven't heard for a while.
This forums is littered with casualties and BM added to the list.
benwj

BM received a 7 days ban from yours truly for reasons known to her and myself, this had absolutely nothing to do with any other member of the forum.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I haven't seen BM's posts, but it seems that she didn't say anything worthy of a ban.

Like I said before, the moderation here sucks. No clear rules, and the moderators moderate according to their mood rather than set criteria.

Ambassador, I'm sure this forum would be a really fun place if all the women were blonde, tipsy and talked about having se.x with strangers in the rain. Having a good sense of humour can get you far too - people will actually pat you on the back for being Islamophobic because at least you are honest about it! Sorry if I'm one of those posters who irks you on this forum *hick* ... actually, I don't really mean that, you'll have to forgive me because I've been into the chardonnay and been up all night shagging my husband. See, I'm more human and likable now :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Well - Sage has clarified that BM was banned for something not involving others (and BB, you're right - I could have checked the moderator panel, I forgot about that - and I was making the same point you made, that the 'stinky..' comment was not a direct insult - and indeed worse things have been said.).

Kanelli - :)

Anyway, I look forward to welcoming back BM after her stint in purgatory.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Damn, one day you're away from the forum and all hell breaks loose. So who wants to fill me in ?
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Well, what is this mysterious conduct to get one banned? I certainly don't know what it is to avoid it.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Duh ! Checked the mod logs, its all there as in to who and why. Sage already said it was him and anyways it was his decison and I'm sure he will divulge it if he wants to as in to why. All in all it was sage's choice and I for one am not going to question his judgement. He did what his saw fit to do, end of story. Lets not turn this into a fussy parade like it always does.

Its going to be a quite week until BM returns, so lets make the best of it.

Toode loo
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

kanelli wrote:
Ambassador, I'm sure this forum would be a really fun place if all the women were blonde, tipsy and talked about having se.x with strangers in the rain.

What makes you think so?

kanelli wrote: Having a good sense of humour can get you far too

wholeheartedly agree

kanell wrote: - people will actually pat you on the back for being Islamophobic because at least you are honest about it!

about?

kanelli wrote: Sorry if I'm one of those posters who irks you on this forum *hick* ...

I was not thinking of you but know that you mention it..

kanelli wrote: actually, I don't really mean that, you'll have to forgive me because I've been into the chardonnay and been up all night shagging my husband. See, I'm more human and likable now :lol:

chardonnay !!!!!!!!!!!!

back to the topic, who is this "Sage" anyway. I realize that he has many posts (BTW I value quqntity to quality). I have not seen any contribution from Sage (at least in the General forum, the only one I frequent) is he an active contributor elsewhere. Or, based on his taliban avatar, is he just enforcing strict interpretation of Sharia Law?

-- Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:34 pm --

dubaidog wrote:BM might have to learn from the likes of Concord from yesteryear, and just make up a new user name, like BMbanned or something. Smooth move banning one of the only frequent posters.

Sounds like interesting times. Are you Concord (by another name :wink: )
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

kanelli wrote:I haven't seen BM's posts, but it seems that she didn't say anything worthy of a ban.

Like I said before, the moderation here sucks. No clear rules, and the moderators moderate according to their mood rather than set criteria.

Ambassador, I'm sure this forum would be a really fun place if all the women were blonde, tipsy and talked about having se.x with strangers in the rain. Having a good sense of humour can get you far too - people will actually pat you on the back for being Islamophobic because at least you are honest about it! Sorry if I'm one of those posters who irks you on this forum *hick* ... actually, I don't really mean that, you'll have to forgive me because I've been into the chardonnay and been up all night shagging my husband. See, I'm more human and likable now :lol:

BM is that you??? Did you hack K's account???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
kanelli wrote:I haven't seen BM's posts, but it seems that she didn't say anything worthy of a ban.

At first I thought so myself but I think

BM is into Sauvignon Blanc and
Boyfriend not husband

*runs to hide before the Taliban Mods arrive*
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

desertdudeshj wrote:Duh ! Checked the mod logs, its all there as in to who and why. Sage already said it was him and anyways it was his decison and I'm sure he will divulge it if he wants to as in to why. All in all it was sage's choice and I for one am not going to question his judgement. He did what his saw fit to do, end of story. Lets not turn this into a fussy parade like it always does.

Its going to be a quite week until BM returns, so lets make the best of it.

Toode loo

Hey Mr Taliban!!!! Don't waste your time:

It would take a lot more than that to get over on Sage!!!

-- Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:42 pm --

Ambassador wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

At first I thought so myself but I think

BM is into Sauvignon Blanc and
Boyfriend not husband

*runs to hide before the Taliban Mods arrive*

Errrrrrrrrrr, Miss BM is known for her love of Chardonnay. I just sent her a case while she's having a time out in the naughty corner!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
It would take a lot more than that to get over on Sage!!!

Good one! :D
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

aha , Now I get what this thread is about , That BM lady got banned ?? For what ? Don't tell me someone got offended with "something she said" or did ?

I get it the TRA in UAE are pretty ANAL ABOUT $HIT , But I havent read a singe message that warrants a ban ??

What gives y0 ?

Krap , Now I gotta be careful about what I say here ? I thought we all come to df to Kick-Back :bounce:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Autocratic And Cowardly Jan 15, 2011
Where are the mod logs?
benwj

Re: Autocratic And Cowardly Jan 15, 2011
benwj wrote:Where are the mod logs?

In the fireplace??? :drunken:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Autocratic and Cowardly Jan 15, 2011
Hi, I am new here so please forgive me if you think I am over stepping the mark of a new person. i watched this forum for a while before I got the courage to join yesterday, you all seem like a really nice bunch so I hope I'm not going to upset anybody here. The rules stated that i must agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Dubai Forums” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “Dubai Forums” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit.
I understand that the forum should not be blocked to those living in the UAE, but I must ask, isn't writing death to all Jews contravening these rules?
4GetMeNot
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Autocratic and Cowardly Jan 15, 2011
4GetMeNot wrote:Hi, I am new here so please forgive me if you think I am over stepping the mark of a new person. i watched this forum for a while before I got the courage to join yesterday, you all seem like a really nice bunch so I hope I'm not going to upset anybody here. The rules stated that i must agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Dubai Forums” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “Dubai Forums” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit.
I understand that the forum should not be blocked to those living in the UAE, but I must ask, isn't writing death to all Jews contravening these rules?

Hey! You are too new to be saying these things! You are definitely overstepping the mark!! :lol:
You should be playing with your dolls!
You dont know how grand , how important,and mature the mods are here...shussh! :wink:
zonker
BANNED

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat