Friends Can Be Lovers But Lovers Cannot Be Friends

Topic locked
Friends Can Be Lovers But Lovers Cannot Be Friends Jun 05, 2005
They say that a key to a good relationship is a good foundation of friendship. Friends can really be lovers. But how about as relationship turns sour, after the break up, can lovers still be friends afterall?

Yes Or No, share your experience.

sweet mary
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 05, 2005
Being friends is a great idea, but a little hard to put into practical use. It really depends on if you both are completely over each other. It sucks to be at a party chilling and you see your ex with someone else or vice versa and drama persues. If you both have ended on mutual terms than it can be a good thing, because you can turn to that person to let you know things you messed up on in a relationship that you dont sometimes see yourself.
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 06, 2005
I want an ugly gal to b my best freind so I can get her beautiful freinds contacts. Something like pimpin :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 06, 2005
Sumn like it, sumn like pimpin'
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 08, 2005
If the relationship turns really sour and before it was really sweet, i doubt it can continue as a friendship..
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Jun 08, 2005
Yes and No
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 08, 2005
Bonds are based on trust - be it friendship or plain ol' cupid love. Once a relationship goes bust/bonkers either through internal or external reasons, trust goes out the window aswell. Yes, chances are trust could be regained, but it wont attain the same heights as it did initially. In other words, you both would be fooling yourself - something like a dormant volcano, just waiting for the right moment to explode.

Like Andyba summed it up, a sweet tooth once turned rotten, cannot be replanted again. Well if you think about it, nothing is impossible, but to turn impossible to possible, both of you would have to make double/triple the effort.
Phoenix
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 08, 2005
Phoenix wrote:Like Andyba summed it up, a sweet tooth once turned rotten, cannot be replanted again. Well if you think about it, nothing is impossible, but to turn impossible to possible, both of you would have to make double/triple the effort.

I can get implants baby :D Reincarnate my love and a new phoenix will rise from the ashes! :D
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2005
sniper420 wrote:I can get implants baby :D

So you finally are going for the shemale look I see :shock:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2005
Liban wrote:
sniper420 wrote:I can get implants baby :D

So you finally are going for the shemale look I see :shock:

Teeth implants u fool! :x
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 12, 2005
Won't they drag on Liban's schlong??
Pumpkin Escobar
Dubai chat master

Jun 13, 2005
Pumpkin Escobar wrote:Won't they drag on Liban's schlong??

:lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 17, 2005
the worst enemy is lovers..after kissing and huging and living together for years suddenly they spilt and everyone goes in his own way carrying the bad experience about the other part..thats always happens
nezar33
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Friends Can Be Lovers But Lovers Cannot Be Friends Sep 01, 2006
sweet mary wrote:They say that a key to a good relationship is a good foundation of friendship. Friends can really be lovers. But how about as relationship turns sour, after the break up, can lovers still be friends afterall?

Yes Or No, share your experience.

Yes and NO. Depends, on the person as I have no porblem being fiends with my ex's but most them say, or it doesn't work out. It's not a fact, it may work it may not ;-)
DXB69LONDON
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 02, 2006
^^^^^^^^, were you bored and you had to dig up topics that are over a year old?
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 02, 2006
It depends why you broke up and what kind of person you are.

If you were treated really badly then I might understand why you would not want to be friends and if you saw him/her with another lover, you need to remind yourself of the reason for the split, even though you may still have overwhelming feelings.

If it was a mutual split then it's harder I think. You may feel jealousy inside but if you can control it for the sake of a wonderful friendship, I think the effort may be worth it. And I think it is possible.

I'm a forgiving and pretty controlled person. Although I've never been in a relationship, I'm still friends with some of the guys I dated (and really liked).
Princess Banana Hammock
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance