HUGE Visa Problem

Topic locked
Re: HUGE Visa problem May 29, 2011
Dillon wrote:Your research is correct, for a citizen who is legally, a resident of the UK.

At 15 you would be a minor without a parent or guardian with residency rights, you would not be granted an Employment visa, without an Employment Visa you would not be allowed to work, unless on an illegal status, you would have no right to employment .

Without an Employment Visa you will not be granted a NI number which means you will be without Schooling, Job, Healthcare, Housing and Social Welfare, this includes any rights you may have as a citizen and the duty of care of a local authority, they will only provide accommodation to legal residents of the state, as an alien and without a NI number, the local authority will provide a bed for you in a detention centre where you will be processed and sent for deportation, your only alternative, other than friends or family would be one of the charities, trust me, you don’t want to do this!

the UKBA now allow entry to the UK on a 5 Tier points system, Tier 1 being the most desirable category for individuals to be allowed entry and Tier 5 the least, with the information you have provided here on DF, you would only be allowed entry to the UK under a tourist visa where you would have no access to, Job, Healthcare, Housing and Social Welfare. You appear to be an intelligent and articulate individual, but selective in what you want to hear, identify the visa under which you will apply to enter the UK, you will then understand what benefits that visa will provide, anything else you do will be illegal.

I think you’ll find your ‘Huge Visa Problem’ will be gaining access to the benefits system within the UK, which appears to be central to your plans, and not just getting out of Dubai.

I see...
So I'm not allowed an Employment Visa at my age? Would it be sufficient to live off a student visa?
I mean having a student visa allows me to have part time work and study, but I'm not sure if I'm eligible for it.

I'm going to call the UK embassy here and learn more about this, it seems as if all the research I've done is useless to me.
Anyways thanks for letting me know this, I'd rather find out now than after I visit the embassy.
And you're right, everyone always tells me this...I only hear what I want to hear :P

Chocoholic wrote:Dillon is correct, as a non-resident of the UK you are not entitled to anything. I would think long and hard about your decisions. You can't just waltz in and expect to be given all the benefits that residents have, it doesn't work like that.

I would strongly suggest your family try to resolve their situation here.

Yeah that's not going to happen soon, at least not in my lifetime.

Apparently I misunderstood everything about applying for a residence visa, I thought all you had to do was say 'I would like to move here permanently' and I would be granted one...
sadly that's not the case though.

Thanks everyone.

EDIT: Would it make any difference if I was an emancipated minor?

cw71017
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

LOL wouldn't we all love to just be able to rock up and live and work of our country of choice, anywhere in the world? Just doesn't happen.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:LOL wouldn't we all love to just be able to rock up and live and work of our country of choice, anywhere in the world? Just doesn't happen.

Yeah...doesn't exactly help my misanthropy lol
cw71017
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

cw71017 wrote:EDIT: Would it make any difference if I was an emancipated minor?

Unfortunately not, neither a precocious minor! LOL Although a sense of humour does help in situations like this. Incidentally, real men avoid tofu like the plague!

:lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Take it one step at a time bro. Right now worry about getting out of here and get that ball rolling. Once your back home then think about moving on from there or what your other options are.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dillon wrote:
cw71017 wrote:EDIT: Would it make any difference if I was an emancipated minor?

Unfortunately not, neither a precocious minor! LOL Although a sense of humour does help in situations like this. Incidentally, real men avoid tofu like the plague!

desertdudeshj wrote:Take it one step at a time bro. Right now worry about getting out of here and get that ball rolling. Once your back home then think about moving on from there or what your other options are.

I will, I'm redrafting the entire idea in my head now.
I'm gonna read a lot more about immigration laws, because I find that the more familiar you are with the law, the easier it would be to bend/break it (without actually being outside of it).
This entire thing would be much easier if I was born 12 months earlier...lol

-- Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:11 pm --

Sorry for double posting, but it's my thread so whatever :p

Anyways, I've been trying to find another place that I can go to (preferably an English speaking country) and I thought maybe Canada? Since the birth rate in that country is pretty low, surely it must be easier to immigrate there?
I looked up the laws and found that it's much different to the UK, and I was right...basically what you have to do is show up with the intent of living there, no kidding.
Now I maybe wrong since I barely gave it 30 - 45 mins of research, but how realistic am I being?

If I had found a friend to room with, and found a job before I got there...I think my chances would be higher.

None of this is certain, I'm really just typing my thoughts.
Ideas?
cw71017
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: HUGE Visa Problem Sep 22, 2015
cw71017 , i'm homeless and i'm only 13........

cw71017 ,
wolfofnight
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai VisaForum Rules

Return to Dubai Visa