Your Experience Is My Hope. Please Advise Me!

Topic locked
your experience is my hope. Please advise me! Jan 20, 2006
Dear all,

I am really thrilled at the cooperative and helpful attitude of this forums. as I have recieved nice responds to my few posts.

I am planning to move to Dubai very soon (March 2006) on visit visa in ordeer to look for an opportunity. As a matter of fact I am a bit confused regarding following issue:

Do I need a work permit in in order to work in Dubai. if 'yes' what are the criterias to get one. Also I am wondering to know in the case that I can find a job there, is it the company which applies for my residence and work permit stuff or is my own responsibility. what are the criteria? and if it can be easily obtained?

My experience as a foreigner in Europe says me that having work permit here is quite difficult and employers are not interested in hiring people without this permission. if there is a rare case that the employer wants to apply for work permit, the process is so time consuming and beaurocratic.

I appreciate your time and attention. and I hope I can repay back your help!

Best Regards,
Ramin

Raminjoker
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: your experience is my hope. Please advise me! Jan 20, 2006
Raminjoker wrote:Dear all,

I am really thrilled at the cooperative and helpful attitude of this forums. as I have recieved nice responds to my few posts.

I am planning to move to Dubai very soon (March 2006) on visit visa in ordeer to look for an opportunity. As a matter of fact I am a bit confused regarding following issue:

Do I need a work permit in in order to work in Dubai. if 'yes' what are the criterias to get one. Also I am wondering to know in the case that I can find a job there, is it the company which applies for my residence and work permit stuff or is my own responsibility. what are the criteria? and if it can be easily obtained?

My experience as a foreigner in Europe says me that having work permit here is quite difficult and employers are not interested in hiring people without this permission. if there is a rare case that the employer wants to apply for work permit, the process is so time consuming and beaurocratic.

I appreciate your time and attention. and I hope I can repay back your help!

Best Regards,
Ramin

Hello Ramin,

About the work permit: Pretty much everything will be arranged by the company, especially if its located in Dubai Media City or Internet City (coz its free zone). So that means, the firm will arrange mostly your accomodation and a car (or taxi transport costs expences). The firm is atleast forced to insure your medical care.

If u come to Dubai, u will get a free visa, valid for 60 days. Be sure you don't have an Israelian stamp in your passport. Its necessary u need to find a job within those 60 days, coz otherwise u need to get a new extension of your visa. When u find a job, a longer in Dubai stay will be arranged for u.

By the way, I am from Holland as well. Do you have a Dutch passport? In that case u wont face much difficulties :wink:

Hope this is helping u out a bit.
Defo
Dubai Forums Talker

Thanks my friend Jan 21, 2006
my friend,

thanaks for your respond. I hope I can do sth about these stuff when I get there.

by the way,
i have been living in Enschede since August 2004 and I dont have Dutch passport cause I have been here just for study purpose.
i really do like Dutch people and their hospitality and attitude toward foreigners.

its a pitty than I can not speek dutch but I can just say : Dooyyeeeeeeeeeee (goodbye).
hope to see you in Dubai

bye
Raminjoker
Dubai Forum Visitor

moving to dubai Feb 01, 2006
If you hold a Netherland passpost ,you will get a visit visa on arrival . However ,to work in Dubai you should have a residence visa . For this you should find out an employer or you can come on an investor visa if you are planning to set up own buiness.

If you need any help on this side ,feel free to contact

regds
Sreedhar
Seaworld Shipping & Logistics
Dubai ,UAE
Tel : 00 971 4 3590222
Fax:00 971 4 3595772
Mob:00 971 50 6408715
Email :seaship@emirates.net.ae
Yahoo: sreedharponnath@yahoo.co.in
Web:www.seaworldship.com
sree
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 01, 2006
Welcome Ramin, and good luck!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Thanks for your kindness Feb 01, 2006
Dear all,

thanks for your kindness and help. I look forward to meet in Dubai!

Good luck all
Raminjoker
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum