Why Having Educational Qualifications Attested

Topic locked
why having educational qualifications attested Aug 02, 2005
In the message "job conditon in dubai" one of you statet:

[quote] "get your educational qualifications attested. if you are married and your wife intends working at some point, have her documents (qualifications)attested at the same time. " [/quote]

What exactly do you mean with "attested" and what for? Is it that you need attested copies of the originals for applying for jobs?

Thanks
gokm ':?:'

gokm
Dubai Forum Visitor

Aug 02, 2005
Certified copies at the UAE consulate in Germany. They will stamp them as proof of their validity..
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

:) Aug 02, 2005
short awnser is...

if you don't have the documents attested you will not be able to get a work permit in the UAE - this is the federal law and there is no way around this!

attestation... you take your documents (highest attained educational qualification) to the nearest UAE (or Saudi) consulate in the country in which you reside. they will check it, verify and attest it for you - for a fee obviously :)

without this varification you cannot work legally in the UAE!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jan 01, 2008
Is the requirement to get educational documents attested still there?

I do not have a degree. I have completed the examinations of a UK based professional body and will be attaining their fellowship soon. On this basis, I have gotten a job in a company in DIFC and they are satisfied with me being part-qualified and have offered me a Manager job.

In such circumstances what documents will I need?

Also if you have a UK qualification, do you still need to get the degree/certificate attested from your local embassy or will attestation from British Counsulate be enough?
vizkids
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jan 02, 2008
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum