Visa Cancellation Issues!

Topic locked
Visa Cancellation issues! Oct 09, 2007
Hi,

I am currently on an expired visa and have finished my grace period since yesterday, i tried to get my visa cancelled at the jebel ali immigration office but ran into some problems.

1. i am on my father's visa and i am a student here in ajman, my father left work around 2 years ago and left uae without cancelling his visa due to some personal problems, and to this effect my father's company has listed him as absconding!

2. in the visa cancellation form a signature from the sponspor is required, in this case my father...and since he's not in uae how will i bypass this?

3. how much fine do i have to pay per day after my grace period expires?

4. will i be allowed to leave uae witout getting my visa cancelled? and will i be able to return back or get a new visa issued?

5. if i can get my current visa cancelled, i wont face any problems in getting a new visa from my college!

6. does the u.a.e have any human rights regarding this? or is it as backward as i think it is?

please someone help me regarding my issues as i have no where to go and my father's company which is based in jebel ali free zone is hardly willing to offer any help at all!

And the great major/ general sitting at the jebel ali immigration office doesn't seem to offer any solutions either!

to top it off some people suggest i should befriend a connected local to breeze me thru my issue!

Thanx once again and i am waiting for some help...from anyone!

NittyGritty
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 10, 2007
ha-ha, well i can see at least you have tried to do something regarding your situation - more than most problem posters!

firstly, what sort of visa do you have and how old are you.

was your father's visa issued through the JA FZ, or dubai immigration.

i am 100% sure that your fathers' ex-employer will not sign the cancellation, he has already lost his labour deposit money! how long ago was he declared "absconded"? i assume your current visa was issued during his period of employment (which makes it within the last 3 years).

your point number 6... sorry .... no! and in certain respects yes!
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Oct 10, 2007
sorry, one last question. you said that you have approached your father's previous employer and they would not help... how would you define thier attitude towards you??

friendly, but unwilling to assist, or
openly hostile towards you???

this may help...
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Oct 10, 2007
The work visa does not get automatically cancelled even after two whole years of absconding?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Visa Cancellation issues! Oct 10, 2007
This is a sticky problem that you are in.

NittyGritty wrote:Hi,

I am currently on an expired visa and have finished my grace period since yesterday, i tried to get my visa cancelled at the jebel ali immigration office but ran into some problems.

1. i am on my father's visa and i am a student here in ajman, my father left work around 2 years ago and left uae without cancelling his visa due to some personal problems, and to this effect my father's company has listed him as absconding!

That's because he is absconding and the Visa needs to be cancelled. As DBX says they will not be of help because the Company will lose their deposit.

2. in the visa cancellation form a signature from the sponspor is required, in this case my father...and since he's not in uae how will i bypass this?

An explanation would probably suffice from the Employer, if they were willing to help.

3. how much fine do i have to pay per day after my grace period expires?

Dhs. 100.00 per day.

4. will i be allowed to leave uae witout getting my visa cancelled? and will i be able to return back or get a new visa issued?

If your Visa has now expired and your Father is reported as absconding it is likely that you would be detained at the Airport if you tried to leave. Getting a new visa to come back to UAE for education purposes without your Parent (s) to sponsor you will be very difficult I believe.

5. if i can get my current visa cancelled, i wont face any problems in getting a new visa from my college!

Has your college stated that they will get you a visa?

6. does the u.a.e have any human rights regarding this? or is it as backward as i think it is?

Human rights hardly has anything to do with this. It is unfortunately your Father that has caused the situation

please someone help me regarding my issues as i have no where to go and my father's company which is based in jebel ali free zone is hardly willing to offer any help at all!

Have you actually spoken to your Fathers CompanY?

And the great major/ general sitting at the jebel ali immigration office doesn't seem to offer any solutions either!

Unfortunately they probably hear this and many more kind of stories everyday

to top it off some people suggest i should befriend a connected local to breeze me thru my issue!

Thanx once again and i am waiting for some help...from anyone!

The other alternative that you have will be to report to your Embassy and explain the situation, they may be able to offer you advice.

Good Luck
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Got the work done...finally!!! Oct 14, 2007
Well all i needed to get things done was a call from a guy who's working at a higher post in the company....although i do have to pay a penalty fees of about 2000 dhs!!!

Are u sure the fine after the grace period is 100 dhs per day...i heard it was 25dhs per day!!!!

Anyways thanx a lot to everybody who has given me feedback regardig my issues....it's easier to get the american passport than trying to stay here!!!
NittyGritty
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum