Urgently Looking For A Home For Our Cat

Topic locked
Urgently looking for a home for our cat May 30, 2007
Hi there,

My wife and myself are leaving Dubai after 2 years and we are unable to take our 12 year old cat with us, he has been with us since we found him as an abandoned cat of about 6 weeks old in Kuwait. Since then he has been all over the world with us – Kuwait, Korea, Bangladesh, France here etc etc. We are going first to France and then Kazakhstan in August, and we are concerned that he would not make the journeys as he is so old now and would not deal with the stress. When he arrived here it took him few weeks to get over the stress of moving.

Our plan originally was that we would be in Dubai until the end of his natural life, but for various reasons we have to move on at this stage. Obviously we are not going to abandon him on the street, we have tried all avenues open to us to find him a home – Feline Friends, radio, supermarket ads, friends are asking around, but it seems that no-one wants an older cat.

I have contacted a vet to have him put to sleep but we are putting that off as late as possible.

He is an indoor cat, he does not go outside, so he would be fine in an apartment, he does not really like little people (kids) as they are too fast and sudden for him. He does not have front claws, so he could not defend himself against another cat. He likes the quiet life and just likes to take things easy.

He has a webpage here : http://garyandsally.googlepages.com/sidcat

I hope someone here can help, or may have a contact who would be interested in an older cat.

Regards
Gary and Sally Elliott

sidcat
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 30, 2007
Hi

I have sent you an email to your Gmail account - I am very interested!
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

May 30, 2007
What an amazing forum - just two hours after posting this message, we have a new home for Sid cat!

Thanks for all the replies, and now our visit to the vet will be a happy one to update his vaccinations :)

We are so relieved and happy that he will continue to live in the manner to which he has been accustomed.

Again, many thanks for this forum especially from Sid.
sidcat
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 30, 2007
That's fantastic news. Such a shame you can't take him with you, but yes if he's feeling his age, the stress might be too much for him. I'm very glad you found someone caring enough to give your cat a chance to enjoy his twighlight years.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 01, 2007
Yes, XPClone popped over today, to pick up Sidcat and relocate him to his new home.

I am sure that he will be very happy with his new family, but we are still very sad to have to say goodbye to him and miss him terribly already.
sidcat
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 02, 2007
in my country , people will put the cat in bag and throw it inside a truck :lol:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 02, 2007
HP wrote:in my country , people will put the cat in bag and throw it inside a truck :lol:

HP = probably best you f*ck off back there or f*ck off - off this thread. Tw@t!
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 04, 2007
Couldn't have put it better myself, XPClone! You have a great way with words, short and to the point.

I wouldn't have been so polite :)
sidcat
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 04, 2007
XP Clone: kudos to you.

I thought you have been here long enough to know "HP". Ignore him and ignore "Mac" they are "outrageous" but not mean...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Urgently looking for a home for our cat Jun 04, 2007
sidcat wrote:He is an indoor cat, he does not go outside, so he would be fine in an apartment, he does not really like little people (kids) as they are too fast and sudden for him. He does not have front claws, so he could not defend himself against another cat. He likes the quiet life and just likes to take things easy.

You should call him Garfield ;)
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 05, 2007
Concord wrote:XP Clone: kudos to you.

I thought you have been here long enough to know "HP". Ignore him and ignore "Mac" they are "outrageous" but not mean...

I know - but I couldn't resist. Sometimes these people just have to be told!

Sid is doing very well in his new home and seems to have settled in and has started playing now instead of hiding under the bed. He's a great cat. :D
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum