Questions About Dubai

Topic locked
Questions about Dubai Jul 31, 2005
HI, I was thinking of moving from the US to Dubai and have some general questions.

If you have a US green card, how is that affected if you live over seas for 2-5 years?

Will your credit suffer if they find out you are living overseas ? (US credit rating)

If you have credit card debt will they freak out and demand payment right away?
Ie the terms of your credit card are only good while u are a US resident?

When you apply for jobs, do they usually ask for a picture and can they ask questions about your religon?

What is the Demand like for Us people with Business/IT degree's + exp?

ARe there any LEGIT recruiting companies that FIND you a job and take the fee from the company
vs wanting money from you? All the ones i have ran across want $ from you, which I think is
a scam.

Thanks

Arif
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Questions about Dubai Aug 01, 2005
Arif wrote:HI, I was thinking of moving from the US to Dubai and have some general questions.

If you have a US green card, how is that affected if you live over seas for 2-5 years?

Ask your immigration department.

Will your credit suffer if they find out you are living overseas ? (US credit rating)

Ask your bank.

Er yes! more than likely.

Living in America is not the be all and end all.

When you apply for jobs, do they usually ask for a picture and can they ask questions about your religon?

Not necessarily a picture at first, but you will have to provide multitudes of pictures for various things. Yes companies ask you to state your religion on an application form.

These industries are constantly growing, have a look at some online recruitment agencies or www.gulfnews.com

ARe there any LEGIT recruiting companies that FIND you a job and take the fee from the company
vs wanting money from you? All the ones i have ran across want $ from you, which I think is
a scam.

Yes companies like Clarendon and Parker are good. No company should charge YOU for finding YOU a job.
Thanks
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Questions about Dubai Aug 01, 2005
Arif wrote:HI, I was thinking of moving from the US to Dubai and have some general questions.

a scam.

Thanks

1) Your green card will expire.
2) If you leave with a clean slate and no unpaid debts, you come back with that same clean slate
3) I'd clean up the debt, but then again it depends on the issuing financial institution
4) They ask for your picture and yes they do ask your religion
5) Demand is their for your field, but supply is even larger
6) Yes there are. Grafton, Clarendon Parker, Charterhouse, Nadia, Headhunters, Brookes Whittle, to name a few :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 16, 2005
point 1) is wrong. You can leave the US for an extended period while maintaining your permanent residence (Green card) status. However there is a few things you will have to do which include applying for a "Re-entry" permit. check this link out :

http://www.hooyou.com/i-485/MaintainlegalPRS.html

hope this clarified things for you ..

you will however have to maintain your bank account, file taxes, and so on .. and ofcourse be employed overseas.

best of luck with the move ..
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Credit card Sep 10, 2005
You might want to keep a US address for certain purposes while overseas. You could make payments on your credit card bills thru a family member if somebody is willing to do that for you.
OldAsiaHand
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum