Maid Visa For Indian Maid:URGENT

Topic locked
Maid Visa for Indian maid:URGENT Aug 10, 2006
Hi , I have just been transfered from Jakarta to Dubai.I have an Indian Maid working for me for last 2 years .She has been like our family member and a sister to my kids. She is 26 yrs old .I am an Indian.Could you let me know how can i get a maid visa for her.My salary is 9k Dhm/month.All the help will be appriciated thank

m_gulati80
Dubai Forum User

Aug 10, 2006
you got to be kidding with 9K dirhmas you won't be able to live in dubai, never mind being able to afford a maid. no one should have maids :twisted:
I-No-Jack
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 11, 2006
I-No-Jack wrote:you got to be kidding with 9K dirhmas you won't be able to live in dubai, never mind being able to afford a maid. no one should have maids :twisted:

Why shouldn't anyone have Domestic help working for them??
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 11, 2006
I think it is more of a "cultural" thing than affordability or morality!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2006
Concord wrote:I think it is more of a "cultural" thing than affordability or morality!

Interesting theory,

Ok following on from that which Culture is for Dmestic Help and which is against?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 11, 2006
Hi guys,
Why are we moving away from the topic ,i need to get my maid and i need some help in clarifing the visa related question so please help if you can
m_gulati80
Dubai Forum User

Aug 11, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
Concord wrote:I think it is more of a "cultural" thing than affordability or morality!

Interesting theory,

Ok following on from that which Culture is for Dmestic Help and which is against?

I would say that live-in maids are less common in America unless the person happens to be very wealthy - a few million dollars doesn't qualify.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2006
see http://dwc.hct.ac.ae/expatinfo/maids.htm
and other pages on that site... very informative

also see http://www.dnrd.ae/dnrd/Transactions/DN ... ce/R1A.htm

---
Issue new residence visa for servants of a Resident sponsor:

Requirements:
- Application form.
- Original passport.
- Copy of the sponsor passport.
- 3 passport size photograph.
- Original entry permit.
- Original medical checkup document.
- The sponsor’s work contract if he works in private company and if he works in governmental department must bring salary certificate and the salary mustn’t be less than AED 5000 + accommodation or AED 6000

Fees:
- AED 100 residency fees for one year.
- AED 110 for urgent application (According to the applicant desire).
- AED 4800 Ministry annual fees
- AED 100 for issuing servant card
- AED 10 Empost

Residents pay AED 5000 refundable deposit when they apply for an entry permit for work residence for a servant. Once the servant has entered UAE they then need to apply for the residence visa. At this point the AED 5000 is refunded.
-----

basically you will end up paying AED 5000+ yearly for the permit.
zaidinamdar
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 11, 2006
very complete answer from zaidinamdar.

my 5 cents worth

“Resolution 9 of 1995 concerning organizing and bringing in of family members and servants by foreign manpower”

Article 2

“An expatriate who receives a monthly salary of at least Dhs. 6000 may sponsor a male or female domestic worker, provided he pays the State’s Treasury an annual sum equivalent to the domestic workers annual salary and not less than Dhs. 400 per month.”

Article 5

“The following categories may not sponsor and bring in their families, even if the salary condition has been fulfilled:-

• Domestic workers and those in similar professions.
• Labourers and those in similar profession.”
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Aug 11, 2006
dbxsoul wrote:
Article 5

“The following categories may not sponsor and bring in their families, even if the salary condition has been fulfilled:-

• Domestic workers and those in similar professions.
• Labourers and those in similar profession.”

Did they really need to make it a law --- think about it! A plane ticket alone would be as much as their salaries!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 15, 2006
Hi m_gulati80,

Any luck in findin out about the maid visa for your maid? We are trying to get our maid who is Nepali citizen but so far no luck.

Please let me know if you get success in securing the maid visa.

Thanks!
Mum of 2
Mumof2
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum