Furniture Buying

Topic locked
furniture buying Feb 27, 2007
My apartment is finally ready so I will need to go over to buy furniture for it. I would like to furnish it in a traditional arab theme but although I want it to look nice, at the same time I don't want to spend too much money on it as we may rent it out if we get the chance. It will be mostly ourselves and friends and family staying in it, and I know they will take care of it, but if we do decide to rent it out to strangers then I don't want to be worrying about them damaging the furniture.Can you recommend a good furniture store with reasonable prices? Do you know of any furniture stores in Dubai who has a website where i could perhaps order the furniture online from here in the UK. We won't have much time to spend in Dubai when we are over signing the paperwork, so don't know if it will be possible to choose furniture and get it delivered while we are over there. What is the average time we are likely to wait on getting the furniture delivered? I don't really want to use these firms who supply whole furniture packages as i feel they are more expensive, and i am looking forward to going around and choosing the furniture too. Look forward to your suggestions.
Thank you

maryjo
Dubai Forum User

Feb 27, 2007
Ikea!

There's loads of stores but a lot of the Arabian style furniture tends to be expensive. Takes 3-4 days to get delivery once you're out here. Go to the Mall of the Emirates or somewhere to start, they have upmarket stores like Marina or pretty average but durable stuff like the Home Centre I think it's called.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum