DUBAI Or Not DUBAI ???

Topic locked
DUBAI or not DUBAI ??? May 01, 2007
Hi all !

I may have a possibility to have a job in Dubai in the coming months.
I'd really like to go there, would be a great opportunity to discover this area and to meet new people...But there's always "but"....

I wonder about the life there, cause I heard lots of good stuffs, but I also heards exactly the opposites !
Is it easy to live for a single girl ? Is there special rules about what you wear, where you can go for evenings ? Or are you completly free ?
What about the art and cultural life such as theatre, museums, exhibitions ?? Is it easy to get week ends off from Dubai, for camping or so on ?
What about accomodation ? I guess it's quite expensive, but may be
there are possibilities to find roomates ?

As you see, there are lots of questions about almost every matter....So all replies are welcome !

Thanks & byebye
Claire

Clairette
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: DUBAI or not DUBAI ??? May 01, 2007
Clairette wrote:
I wonder about the life there, cause I heard lots of good stuffs, but I also heards exactly the opposites !

most of your questions have been answered in some form or another on this forum use the search function and you will find tonnes of information. And always remember that things are relative from one person to another what one person considers wow the other person might thing is trashy !

Is it easy to live for a single girl ? Is there special rules about what you wear, where you can go for evenings ? Or are you completly free ?

lots of single girls living in the city, no special rules on what you wear or not to wear. Just like any other city there are parts of it though that it wouldnt be a good idea to walk alone in a mini skirt :)

What about the art and cultural life such as theatre, museums, exhibitions ?? Is it easy to get week ends off from Dubai, for camping or so on ?

cultural life is very weak here, although we do have an exhibition every week but i am not sure if that classifies as "culture". However things are improving and you can see more and more cultural events in the city now (theatre, art galleries, non-pop singers, etc .. )

What about accomodation ? I guess it's quite expensive, but may be
there are possibilities to find roomates ?

yes probably your biggest expense, discussed to death on here. and you can find roommates easily ..

anyway best advice is if you can, come spend some time in Dubai before you accept coming here .. seeing things first hand will give you a better position to judge. If you cant do that, then just use this forum :)

best of luck.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: DUBAI or not DUBAI ??? May 15, 2007
Clairette wrote:Hi all !

I may have a possibility to have a job in Dubai in the coming months.
I'd really like to go there, would be a great opportunity to discover this area and to meet new people...But there's always "but"....
-- snip --
As you see, there are lots of questions about almost every matter....So all replies are welcome !

Thanks & byebye
Claire

IMHO, your purpose "...I'd really like to go there, would be a great opportunity to discover this area and to meet new people..." should far outweigh the negatives or restrictions being discussed here.

Any negatives or restrictions are relative and subjected to much discussions, and no one is totally right or wrong ...

Come here, and witness her continuous growth. And it will add value to your exposure and CV.

Rgds.
dubaiforumuser
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum