Dubai's Clubbing Dress Code?

Topic locked
Dubai's clubbing dress code? May 16, 2007
Am wondering about Dubai's clubbing dress code. I have read in a mag something that bothered me:
"Although Dubai's clubbing dress code is fairly casual, be sure that you gain entrance by wearing trousers, shoes and a collared shirt otherwise you may find yourself on the outside looking in!"

Now, my clothes aren't that much revealing however I don't feel comfortable going clubbing wearing what is said above, especially in this weather.

Any ideas if it is accurate? should I wear as described above?

EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 16, 2007
I am sure that applies to men only. Women can enter naked and no one will stop them.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 16, 2007
Yes that's for men. Women can pretty much wear what they want to clubs, although depending which part of town you go to, I would always take a pashmina with you just to cover up if you find yourself out on the street afterwards, looking for a cab.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 16, 2007
^^^Agreed

Unpack those micro minis and get partying!
SNA33Y
Dubai forums Addict

May 16, 2007
Uh, ok. I thought it was prcicsly about women because the article was talking about women bars in Dubai and it displayed several women photos.
Are you sure guys? :?:
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 16, 2007
EyeCandyDiva wrote:Uh, ok. I thought it was prcicsly about women because the article was talking about women bars in Dubai and it displayed several women photos.
Are you sure guys? :?:

There are women-only bars in Dubai?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 16, 2007
There's no such thing here.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 17, 2007
gtmash wrote:
There are women-only bars in Dubai?

Sorry :oops:
It was ladies' nights not women bars. It is written that these nights are usually Sundays and Tuesdays but in certain places only.
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 17, 2007
There's ladies nights every night of the week if you know where to go. The dress code is for guys, not women. They want the girls in skimpy clothes to attract the men to the venues - that's the purpose of the ladies night, where the women go, the men are sure to follow.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 18, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:There's ladies nights every night of the week if you know where to go. The dress code is for guys, not women. They want the girls in skimpy clothes to attract the men to the venues - that's the purpose of the ladies night, where the women go, the men are sure to follow.

Thanks for the heads up. It always good to check before jumping into things. Am a-Dubai-newbie and still afraid of UAE's local society actions. I come from a different Arabic country-Lebanon- but it is more liberal and way different than the Gulf Countries.
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 18, 2007
Girl, the Lebanese dredd showing a whole lotta flesh here! Jujst take a wander to C Bar at the Al Marooj and you'll see what I mean.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 18, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:Girl, the Lebanese dredd showing a whole lotta flesh here! Jujst take a wander to C Bar at the Al Marooj and you'll see what I mean.

LOL! There's no harm in showing skin, is it? Thanks, you have been very helpful.
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 21, 2007
uhmm...u can show skin to me anytime!

(as long as you look like your avatar) :lol: :lol: :shock:
dodgeek
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 21, 2007
what are some good clubs in Dubai? i'd be most interested in house music, not rap.

thanks.
nuzbim
Dubai forums Addict

May 21, 2007
zinc .... crown plaza
dodgeek
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 21, 2007
dodgeek wrote:uhmm...u can show skin to me anytime!

Geek :roll:
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 21, 2007
EyeCandyDiva wrote:

Have you started gettting a lot of private messages yet? It's a specialty of this forum.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

May 21, 2007
gtmash wrote:
EyeCandyDiva wrote:

Have you started gettting a lot of private messages yet? It's a specialty of this forum.

No but apparently she has a stalker and is not happy about it.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 21, 2007
gee ......... i wonder who? :shock:
dodgeek
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 21, 2007
dodgeek wrote:gee ......... i wonder who? :shock:

http://dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=19379
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 21, 2007
mebbe she was showing too much skin? :oops: :oops:

haha...sorry just can't help it.....

anyway there is some truth to this thing about paying too much attention... and it is a sound advice to all them stalker-wanna-be....

women just dun dig into this sorta lovey dovey pay attention to u every second of the day thingy.....
dodgeek
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 21, 2007
You guys are wackos, did you know that? 8)
Talking about me behind my back, bad, bad boys!

And no Geek, I haven't shown much skin. Am still afraid of long bearded religious men hunting me down and locking me away, or this just happens in Saudi Arabia? :roll:
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 21, 2007
^ian^ wrote:
gtmash wrote:
EyeCandyDiva wrote:

No but apparently she has a stalker and is not happy about it.

FYI: no a woman is happy about having a stalker. I don't know why you think we should be? There are certain things that freaks us out.
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 21, 2007
gtmash wrote:
EyeCandyDiva wrote:

There's this idiot who wrote to me twice, on the third time he said something stupid, when gave him a sort piece of my mind, he pretended to be innocent (denied his previous messages) and acted like am the one who is hitting on him!

A serious case of schizophrenia or simply a dumb act by testerone?
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 21, 2007
uhmm...i'm a frequenter to the land of the free... saudi arabia... i love it!

women are not allowed to drive....
they can't show no skin.....
women are not allowed to speak to other men....hrmmz..perhaps thats a good solution to Dr. D!!!!

and yes....u actually DO get jailed for speaking to another man.....

oh....and Diva.....i think its the latter...u can't blame em...they are away from home and can't get no SATISFACTION!!!
dodgeek
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 21, 2007
Jeans (skirt or pants), white t-shirts and sleepers - my fave get-
up going to bar. However, i am not allowed to get inside the fancy bars, because the bouncer will ask me to change and show some skin.

I am in Islamic country! :shock: :shock: :shock:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

May 26, 2007
Well dresscode, depends on the place u go. But I seriously doubt if some bouncer would ask a girl to go wear revaling stuff n come.
On the other hand, go to some shady joints in burdubai, no matter what kinda clothes u wear, ppl would come n ask 'how much'.
I think its a matter of not being trashy..
regardless of whatever u wear n how much u wanna reveal, its abt being classy n decent. My view.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

May 27, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote:Well dresscode, depends on the place u go. But I seriously doubt if some bouncer would ask a girl to go wear revaling stuff n come.
On the other hand, go to some shady joints in burdubai, no matter what kinda clothes u wear, ppl would come n ask 'how much'.
I think its a matter of not being trashy..
regardless of whatever u wear n how much u wanna reveal, its abt being classy n decent. My view.

Good point you have there. It is about the attitude; classy or trashy, though what you have said about "how much" people is kind of frightening.
I went to Seville's in Wafi City, it is a bar and a restaurant. I wore what I usually wear on a daily basis: a jeans and a top. The women inside were dressed nicely, I sort of looked less chic :? But I had a great time though I had to leave at 11:30 so things might got a li'l bit heater later :cry:
EyeCandyDiva
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum