Buying Property

Topic locked
Buying property Jan 11, 2008
Hi there

I heard a rumour that expats are now allowed to purchase property in Dubai and apply for citizenship. Is this true?

Thanks in advance

Bugwandinn
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Buying property Jan 11, 2008
Bugwandinn wrote:I heard a rumour that expats are now allowed to purchase property in Dubai and apply for citizenship. Is this true?

No. At least not that I've seen.

Expat property purchase was allowed from a few years ago. Residency visa available for property owners.

UAE citizenship possible but unrelated to property purchase, and eligibility is quite restrictive (unless your father a UAE citizen). I don't know details.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 11, 2008
Yup thought that was too good to be true :(
Bugwandinn
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 11, 2008
Expats can purchase property which then allows them to 'apply' for a residency visa, but there's no guarantee that it will be issued. You cannot work on a residency visa. But this is not citizenship and can be revoked at anytime.

If you require some more information I can give you the full lowdown if you PM me.

I'm involved with a consultancy company which gives advice on such matters and offers products from reputable developers, so feel free to ask any questions.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jan 11, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Expats can purchase property which then allows them to 'apply' for a residency visa, but there's no guarantee that it will be issued. You cannot work on a residency visa. But this is not citizenship and can be revoked at anytime.

If you require some more information I can give you the full lowdown if you PM me.

I'm involved with a consultancy company which gives advice on such matters and offers products from reputable developers, so feel free to ask any questions.

Wow Chocs, this could almost be classified as Spam :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum