Westerners In Dubai

Topic locked
Re: Westerners in Dubai Nov 24, 2011
Chocoholic wrote:the main reason why many people will not mix with locals, because many might be nice to your face, but they have a whole different attitude behind your back.

:shock:

Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Westerners in Dubai Nov 24, 2011
MarN21 wrote:Hi every1, I am new in Dubai. I have been born and raised in a western country. Coming here, after meeting many westerns in dubai, i have realised that they all hate arabs!! I dont understand why?!! Specially emaratis, they say they would never b friend with emaratis!

you're hanging with the wrong crowd , humans are the same all over the world , the eat , they defecate , they procreate etc..
shawagma
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Westerners In Dubai Nov 26, 2011
lool we'll see abt that.. maybe ur right, it's just the wrong crowd..
MarN21
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Westerners in Dubai Nov 27, 2011
Nucleus wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:the main reason why many people will not mix with locals, because many might be nice to your face, but they have a whole different attitude behind your back.

What? You think they're going to stand up for anyone that is not their 'brother'? You have another thing coming. Have seen quite a few people done over by people they thought were 'friends'.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Westerners in Dubai Nov 27, 2011
Chocoholic wrote:
Nucleus wrote:

What? You think they're going to stand up for anyone that is not their 'brother'? You have another thing coming. Have seen quite a few people done over by people they thought were 'friends'.

I've heard of and seen it done by different nationalities doing it to their own and to other nationalities. I've even seen locals do it to each other. :D
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Westerners in Dubai Nov 29, 2011
Bora Bora wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:What? You think they're going to stand up for anyone that is not their 'brother'? You have another thing coming. Have seen quite a few people done over by people they thought were 'friends'.

I've heard of and seen it done by different nationalities doing it to their own and to other nationalities. I've even seen locals do it to each other. :D

Yup. Regardless of nationality, if close friend does this it is something else, but I don't have high expectations from others in general.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Westerners in Dubai Nov 29, 2011
Nucleus wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:What? You think they're going to stand up for anyone that is not their 'brother'? You have another thing coming. Have seen quite a few people done over by people they thought were 'friends'.

Yup. Regardless of nationality, if close friend does this it is something else, but I don't have high expectations from others in general.

That's a bit of a sad thing to say, but in some cases I have to agree with you.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat