UAE Introduces Multiple-entry Visa For Property Owners

Topic locked
May 06, 2009
uaekid wrote:
Snow wrote:This is a sign that the prices will still be going down...

I guess so but not in AD, it is crazzzzzzzzy, my brother is trying to get a 3 or 4 bedroom villa and offering a 350,000 but no luck for a month now, he is homeless LOL

You could get villas dime a dozen in Abu Dhabi. I had a word with Asteco and they had more than 100 villas to rent in AD and lot below AED 300,000. In addition, they had a 3 bed apartment in the city with Jacuzzi etc for around AED 320,000-330,000.
Try Aldar for Raha Gardens and you can negotiate. The last I checked 3 bed townhouse was for AED 220,000. They have more than 200 villas and none have been rented. I also keep getting emails for villas to rent in khalifa A, MBZ, etc ... 5 beds for less than AED 300,000. The market is not as bad as it seems.

I just drove around in AD last week and found that there are at least 1,000 villas to be rented plus got details for more than 30-40 available apartments in AD. I just spoke to Asteco, Colliers, Hamptons, LLJ, etc.

worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

May 06, 2009
On the whole this law needs lot of improvements, otherwise why should I not invest in UK. I might as well get 3 months visa to keep staying here as that will cost me lot less.

I personally think this will hurt the market rather than benefitting it. The other thought is that maybe this law is not for common man and their aim is to have super rich, but does the super rich really wanna be here. I doubt it.
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

Re: UAE introduces multiple-entry visa for property owners May 06, 2009
xdude wrote:too much of uncertainity... n wht if my aprtment was worth 1.2 million when i bought it n now its worth 900k.. do i loose the permit...
:shock:

Valid point. What is the basis of the 1million? What about inflation/appreciation. I could argue that something worth 950,000 is now worth a mill. I see valuation agencies having the last laugh.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 09, 2009
uaekid wrote:what more are expecting here sage? I mean what are the negative sides of UAE visa as you see it ? what could be done or changed to make it more desirable ?

Way too expensive.
Validity should be minimum 3 years.
Should be valid for any person who purchases property, not just those over 1m.
Shouldn't have to exit country to re-new.

I believe that they should put togther a committee of owners to help them get something proper introduced.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat