Places To Jog!!

Topic locked
Places to Jog!! Jan 21, 2011
Helloooo...

I will be visiting Dubai next week! This is my third time going as I have family that lives there, but this will be my first time staying with a friend and actually enjoying the city!! Usually I'm tied down to family events etc, and I don't end up seeing anything but the malls :(

I would like to ask if you guys have any places to recommend for a nice jog? I like to go for jogs and I am not sure of where to go for this type of activity. Also, how safe is it if I decide to jog in my friends area, I believe she lives in garden city or something like that. Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks a bunch.
Canadian Visitor! :)

CanadianVisitor
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Places to Jog!! Jan 21, 2011
CanadianVisitor wrote: Also, how safe is it if I decide to jog in my friends area,

Just to be extra careful, wear a bulletproof vest at all times, having a 9mm as a trusty side arm will ensure no one stands in your way
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

zubber wrote:
CanadianVisitor wrote: Also, how safe is it if I decide to jog in my friends area,

Just to be extra careful, wear a bulletproof vest at all times, having a 9mm as a trusty side arm will ensure no one stands in your way

wow so quick to be sarcastic ... at least give me 24 hours!!

:P
CanadianVisitor
Dubai Forum Visitor

Hey Canadian Visitor

Zubber is obviously just kdding - Dubai is pretty safe as I am sure you will know as you have been here before. I don't know where your friend lives as "garden city" doesn't ring a bell to me. If its Discovery Gardens than there is a residential complex close by called Jumeirah Islands - now thats a beautiful jog - only open to residents but if security ask just jog past them and tell them you live in Cluster 16, villa 7. Enjoy your time here. :D
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

CanadianVisitor wrote:wow so quick to be sarcastic ... at least give me 24 hours!!
:P

:mrgreen:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

JoeTGF wrote:Hey Canadian Visitor

Zubber is obviously just kdding - Dubai is pretty safe as I am sure you will know as you have been here before. I don't know where your friend lives as "garden city" doesn't ring a bell to me. If its Discovery Gardens than there is a residential complex close by called Jumeirah Islands - now thats a beautiful jog - only open to residents but if security ask just jog past them and tell them you live in Cluster 16, villa 7. Enjoy your time here. :D

Yes, discovery garden!! haha so if i use that I'm safe?? I'll give it a try! :) Thanks so much!!
CanadianVisitor
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Places to Jog!! Jan 24, 2011
Discovery Gardens is fine if you like jogging around car parks.

Pop across the the Sheikh Zayed Road and jog around the Marina, there is a footpath all the way round.

Alternately, get the metro up to Safa Park. There is a fully sprung running track around the outside and is a haven for those with the desire to wear short shorts, expensive plimsoles, lycra vests and iPods on their arm.

:D :D :D

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Places to Jog!! Jan 24, 2011
Dubai Knight wrote:Discovery Gardens is fine if you like jogging around car parks.

Pop across the the Sheikh Zayed Road and jog around the Marina, there is a footpath all the way round.

Alternately, get the metro up to Safa Park. There is a fully sprung running track around the outside and is a haven for those with the desire to wear short shorts, expensive plimsoles, lycra vests and iPods on their arm.

:D :D :D

Knight

Oh is the metro up and running??? Hmm ... maybe I'll use that to get around. I was planning on renting a car.

Thanks for the info on Safa park!
CanadianVisitor
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat