Owning A Jet Ski In Dubai - New Laws

Topic locked
Owning a Jet Ski in Dubai - new laws Oct 15, 2008
Hi.

Does anyone own a jet ski on here?

I was thinking about buying one and read that a new law has just been passed saying that you have to register them (yet another stealth tax to pay!!). The law also states that jet skis are banned from use in certain places, but the news articles dont say where?! It wouldnt surprise me if they hadnt even thought about where they are banned before passing the law!

So I suppose what I need to know is: how much is this new 'tax' and where can you actually jet ski legally?

Cheers

Craigo

Craigo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 15, 2008
have you checked with the shops for the new laws about owning a jet ski?
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Oct 16, 2008
sharfraz wrote:have you checked with the shops for the new laws about owning a jet ski?

Good idea, I havent up until now! Im buying one second hand so it hadnt crossed my mind. Just wondered if anyone on here knew.
Craigo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 16, 2008
Nice to see another Mighty Whites supporter in Dubai.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 16, 2008
update the forum, once you have the information...
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Oct 16, 2008
No it's not another tax! Stupid people who don't know how to ride them properly are constantly causing accidents! A guy die two weeks ago after being hit by one off Jebel Ali! Last week at our club, some drunk tosser took one out and crashed into a house boat!

Jet Ski's are a menace! The people who ride them are a menace!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 16, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Jet Ski's are a menace! The people who ride them are a menace!

I am suprised at you Choc's.

Not like you to tar everyone with the same brush.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 16, 2008
yorky500 wrote:Nice to see another Mighty Whites supporter in Dubai.

Nice one yorky500, are you a Mighty Whites fan too? There's a Dubai Whites supporters club you know? We're an official LUFC branch. There's a BBQ next week that about 40 whites fans are attending if you want the info for it?

Chocoholic wrote:
Jet Ski's are a menace! The people who ride them are a menace!

You cant just generalise people like that. I am actually a very responsible jet ski owner (well, I was the last time I owned one!) and would never put others in danger. I must admit though, there are a lot of idiots out there that are wreckless!
Craigo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 16, 2008
Ok, sorry! But the Jek Skiers I encounter every weekend are complete nutters with no repsect for other users of the water.

I'm a wakeboarder and they constantly shadow the boat and riders trying to use our wakes. They ride so close, we are constantly tellign them to bugger off as they are putting our boarders at risk with their stupid antics.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 19, 2008
sharfraz wrote:update the forum, once you have the information...

I found something saying its AED500 to register one through RTA Marine and it lasts for two years.

No mention of the new fines they have dreamt up or where you cant jet ski though.
Craigo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 20, 2008
Check with Polaris. Based down in Ras Al Khor industry.

Nice to see you back too Yorky!!!

Chocs, do the guys shadowing your wake drive up real close and flash their lights at you? Abu Dhabi jet skiiers!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 20, 2008
They're bloody idiots! Again this weekend, although this time one decided to shadow one boat, whilst riding directly at the other - pricks!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 27, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Ok, sorry! But the Jek Skiers I encounter every weekend are complete nutters with no repsect for other users of the water.

I'm a wakeboarder and they constantly shadow the boat and riders trying to use our wakes. They ride so close, we are constantly tellign them to bugger off as they are putting our boarders at risk with their stupid antics.

Hi Chocoholic, I'm new in Dubai and also keen on wakeboarding... am looking for things to do to get settled here, can you tell me where you go wakeboarding please? Is there a club or something similar?

Thanks

Sam
nomadic
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat