DU Offices

Topic locked
DU offices Jun 16, 2008
Where is my nearest DU office, i live in Jumerieah Lake Towers ?

W & C
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 16, 2008
I have been told that its in the Media City. I live in JLT also and unfortunately my building does not have phone lines yet. They keep saying it will be another 2-3 weeks and it has been over 2 months now. Which building do you live in?
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 16, 2008
K-Dog wrote:I have been told that its in the Media City. I live in JLT also and unfortunately my building does not have phone lines yet. They keep saying it will be another 2-3 weeks and it has been over 2 months now. Which building do you live in?

Green Towers, ha i bet you are in the same building as me?
W & C
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2008
I'm in Shera Tower. You don't have landline either, eh?
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 17, 2008
Dubai Media City - building no.14.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 17, 2008
K-Dog wrote:I'm in Shera Tower. You don't have landline either, eh?

Just been told by DU, that we will not be getting connected untill September, i am not happy, i need broadband and TV, can anyone here offer an alternative solution ?
W & C
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2008
Hey W,
I ended up getting a Satellite receiver and Orbit subsciption for TV and a USB modem through Etisalat for internet. They are not cheap but can't live without them. I'm really pissed off at DU also.
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 17, 2008
K-Dog wrote:Hey W,
I ended up getting a Satellite receiver and Orbit subsciption for TV and a USB modem through Etisalat for internet. They are not cheap but can't live without them. I'm really pissed off at DU also.

The trouble with that is my building will not let me put my Sat dish above the balcony level, i need to watch my football and news!!
W & C
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2008
My building has a centerlized dish on top of the bldg. All people need is a receiver to get free channels or subsribe to whatever service provider for pay channels (Showtime, Orbit etc). Check with your bldg if they have a dish on top
K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 17, 2008
K-Dog wrote:My building has a centerlized dish on top of the bldg. All people need is a receiver to get free channels or subsribe to whatever service provider for pay channels (Showtime, Orbit etc). Check with your bldg if they have a dish on top

OK thanks i will do ..
W & C
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2008
XPClone wrote:Dubai Media City - building no.14.

There you will find 16 clowns sitting next to each other and one directly infront of you......if you just move slowly....stay calm.....they wont hurt u....
guest999

du Jun 18, 2008
we live directly across SZR from the du building, in the Greens, and it took us two days to find the stupid building. We migh be exceptional, but we tried our hardest - honestly.
Our excuse is that the building exterior doesnot contain the word'Du' anywhere. Though almost every other company in the building has has its name outside and every other building in DMC carries compnay names. But don't be put off.
If you drive through the tunnel from Knowledge Village, take right at roundabout and then look for a building with some red panelling on your l/h side - that it is. Do a U-turn at next mini roundabout and come back.
It is open till 8pm (I think) and entirely staffed by low energy idiots.
For Du, read 'Don't'
bagof
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 19, 2008
I keep getting conflicting stories from different people about when DU are going to connect us in Green Lakes 3, i was told by the office in IBN BATTUTA that it was delayed untill September because of the project manager's delay, and that DU had put the cables in and everything was ready to go, when i approached the project manager he told me it was DU what has been delaying the connection and we could be connected within the week, so i went back to DU and they basicly said was rubbish and September was the date, HOW THE FECK CAN YOU GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER ? :evil:
W & C
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat