General Advice New To Dubai

Topic locked
General advice new to dubai Jul 06, 2012
Hi,
Me, my husband and two babies are looking at moving to Dubai soon where my husband will be starting a new job. Neither of us have visited the country before and would appreciate any tips on moving, accommodation, settlement, visas, hidden extras etc.
Any advice would be great

aduggan
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: General Advice New To Dubai Jul 06, 2012
aduggan , simply put, dress sensibly and no demonstrations of intimacy between the sexes in public.
During Ramadan, dont eat, drink, or smoke in public.
I think thats the gist of it. To start with anyway :)
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

Re: General Advice New To Dubai Jul 07, 2012
I would suggest that before upheaving your entire family, that your husband work out his probation period before you all join him. This will give him the chance to suss out the lay of the land as it were and decide if he likes it and whether he and you consider it suitable for your entire family to come. I'd say come and visit first.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: General Advice New To Dubai Jul 12, 2012
Depending on company policy, it's useful to have a 7 day pre move visit to look at schools, accommodation, cars etc. to get the more realistic costs associated with living here. I understand some friends with kids have considerable daily travel taking the kids to school as either accommodation is outside budget or the closer schools are fully subscribed.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: General Advice New To Dubai Jul 12, 2012
I think that's the biggest issue, finding a school, not very easy these days.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat