Dubai On Empty

Topic locked
Dubai on Empty Mar 17, 2011
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2011/04/dubai-201104?currentPage=1

And did we laugh at some of the descriptions ... probably blocked for resident, but a hoot for the rest

viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Dubai on Empty Mar 17, 2011
I don't agree with everything he says but it is well written by A.A. Gill who writes for the Sunday Times. In all the years I've read that paper I don't think I've ever read a positive thing about Dubai.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Dubai On Empty Mar 17, 2011
An interesting read, the article is just one of many written by a reporter who basically knows nothing about Dubai or how it works.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Dubai On Empty Mar 18, 2011
Got a bit tired at times of the endless flowery language, but I can agree with a lot of what was written.
Although the biggest laugh I had was seeing that it was written for "Vanity" Fair, which I am proud to say, is a magazine that I do NOT subscribe to. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Dubai on Empty Mar 18, 2011
Well I guess I won't be bumping into AA Gill at a Friday Brunch in Dubai anytime soon then? :lol:

I see he’s moved on from his loathing attacks on The Isle of Man then? Maybe he’ll get more of a positive financial response from Dubai Inc?

:lol: :lol:
Dillon

Re: Dubai on Empty Mar 18, 2011
Dillon wrote:Well I guess I won't be bumping into AA Gill at a Friday Brunch in Dubai anytime soon then?

:lol: :lol: :lol: On the contrary. I'm sure he was posing with the best of them during his all expensees paid tour of Dubai.
benwj

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat