Assualt On Dutch Queen

Topic locked
Assualt on Dutch Queen Apr 30, 2009
During Queens Day a car tried to hit a bus with members of the royal family. Queen is OK, many wounded, probably some deaths.

Saw it live on TV. What strikes me is that I see polcie officers only standing on looking around them. Sort of surreal.

Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 30, 2009
nice photo editing here, pictures way to blurred ...
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 30, 2009
its horrible.
zuzudiva
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 30, 2009
How awful on such a festive day too! My aunt was named after Queen Wilhelmina so there's a special place in my heart for Holland and especially on Queen's Day.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 30, 2009
puppypup wrote:How awful on such a festive day too! My aunt was named after Queen Wilhelmina so there's a special place in my heart for Holland and especially on Queen's Day.

Oh my goodness, you just can be related to RobbyG!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 30, 2009
^I don't think so. There's no Dutch background that I'm aware of. Grandma just named her kids after literary figures and royalty.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 30, 2009
Sad story.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 30, 2009
puppypup wrote:^I don't think so. There's no Dutch background that I'm aware of. Grandma just named her kids after literary figures and royalty.
- wow shes dutch also , i love ducth ice cream
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Apr 30, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Sad story.

this is really horrible and shocking indeed ,what's the story robbyg ?
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Apr 30, 2009
uaekid wrote:
RobbyG wrote:Sad story.

this is really horrible and shocking indeed ,what's the story robbyg ?

A 38 year old Caucasian man did a deliberate assault on the crowd and possibly on the open bus with the Royal Family in it.
They were just 10 meters apart when it crashed into a little monument near one of their palaces.

RobbyG

Apr 30, 2009
Awful.
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 30, 2009
Thats horrible. Anyone think that this was an assasination attempt? It is horrible that some people are dead.
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 30, 2009
puppypup wrote:How awful on such a festive day too! My aunt was named after Queen Wilhelmina so there's a special place in my heart for Holland and especially on Queen's Day.

:shock: I am surprised you are not claiming that your aunt was Queen Wilhelmina!
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 30, 2009
Dubaidude007 wrote:Thats horrible. Anyone think that this was an assasination attempt? It is horrible that some people are dead.

The suspect will be charged with murder and an attempted assualt on the royal family. Probably doesn´t matter anymore, bcs. rumours are he already died in the hospital.

It appears it concerns a male who just got fired and wasn´t allowed to see his children.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Assualt on Dutch Queen Apr 30, 2009
Flying Dutchman wrote:During Queens Day a car tried to hit a bus with members of the royal family.

So it was an assassination attempt :?:

Flying Dutchman wrote:What strikes me is that I see polcie officers only standing on looking around them.

He might be with the assassins.
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Assualt on Dutch Queen May 01, 2009
WhiteJade wrote:
Flying Dutchman wrote:During Queens Day a car tried to hit a bus with members of the royal family.

So it was an assassination attempt :?:

Flying Dutchman wrote:What strikes me is that I see polcie officers only standing on looking around them.

He might be with the assassins.

Yes it became clear that is was an attempt to hit the Royal bus. Just heard it on the news.

Its awful.
RobbyG

May 01, 2009
This was a horrific event and it shows everything that is wrong with this world.
CLALTD
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat